Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,210 members, 7,860,359 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” (49031 Views)

Emirates And Etihad Airline Staff How Have You Been Surviving? / Man Creates Scene At Airport As He Insist On Traveling Abroad With Passport / Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Prevent Him From Traveling With His “Egusi” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2019
Ishilove:

Indomie is no longer allowed. They say it's carcinogenic
Really? Even the onion flavour? Since when? But they have it all over there.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by uuzba(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2019
inoki247:
I'm sure if dem tel him to choose between Egusi and London e go choose Egusi...Village people trying to play bet9jaa with is life
Egusi does not grow in London. Not everyone can eat London food easily. They mainly eat, bread, flour, milk eggs, potatoes 24/7. No pepper. When Oyibos come here, sheybe they too don't go around eating Fufu, Eba, pepper soup. They should alow the man jo. Many Nigerians in London are longthroating for the Egusi that he is brining. u

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by BedLam: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2019
Bidobado1:

Am afraid it's not the white man enforcing this draconian rule but the old gorillas who run the airport and all the barbaric airport staff who are hell bent on taking bribes and making your lives hell.
There's a different type of depression passengers experience whenever they step into a Nigerian airport. How can I enter the airport with 15k cash and emerge at the security end with 1k remaining. They took almost everything I even had to beg to keep 1k just for a bottle of gulder.
That's because you are willing to give! As long as I don't carry anything that's restricted, forget it, I won't give a dime and I haven't given anyone a kobo for more than a year. In fact, I throw a straight face and say "oh no not today". Even when they insist, I tell them I can't be taking money out of my pocket in a public place , if we see anywhere else fine.
They collect because people give. They can't even do that with a foreigner.

2 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Ishilove: 8:13am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

Really? Even the onion flavour? Since when? But they have it all over there.
Since last year o.

I don't know about the onion flavour but the chicken flavour is not allowed

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:13am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:

Paid what?
A bribe?
Cos you aren't supposed to pay a dime except it has spilled over to excess luggage.

Person wey smoke Abi for delta state Igbo
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by otswag(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2019
()
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by otswag(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2019
Ishilove:

Indomie is no longer allowed. They say it's carcinogenic
indomie wey plenty Wella for dia
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by otswag(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

Egusi & indomie onion flavour are allowed. But gala, yam, palmoil, maggi chicken etc are not allowed.

Btw, Emirates spray insecticide too. Lol
true. It seems the guy kept his egusi in his hand luggage instead of his check-in luggage. That scene looks like where they check hand luggage right before boarding the plane. There's no way they would allow him in with that.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by somehow: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2019
Buhari should use 3.5yrs to make virtually all Nigerians incorrupt like it took just 3.5yrs to be corrupt?

And how's it going to make Nigerians incorrupt when the same Nigerians aren't ready to change?
dokyOloye:
Foreigners are allowed to bring in almost all kind of foods and others they want but for Nigerians to go with ours na wahala.
And this is perpetrated by fellow Nigerians in their quest for bribes.
Buhari claims to be fighting corruption but has not sanitized Nigerian police,customs and all the bribe seeking agencies like NAFDAC, immigration, etc in the airports.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Fhowe: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:
Do they want to stop him from eating his native soup all in the name of living in London? I like what he did. He stood up for his right. If it is Nigeria's money now that those thieving politicians are taking to London the stupid airline operators will do nothing to stop them.
when they delay him now or check him properly and see more prohibited items then he will say his village people are at work ,no need for drama just talk politely and be nice the airline staffs and airport have nothing to lose but the passenger has everything to lose

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Kharol1234: 8:36am On Jan 06, 2019
SAMBARRY:
Village people at work.shey e no fit buy egusi for London in those African stores lipsrsealed

This is 2019 people should learn to avoid and minimize drama as much as possible. Nigeria is chaotic enough. Jeez
u no hw much
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2019
rentAcock:
Inferiority complex is when the white man is allowed to fly into Nigeria with any food stuff but you cannot enter their country with common indomie, gala or egusi and these stupid airport workers actually enforce the ban as if their lives depend on it. After going through all this hassle, one _idiot will still spray insecticide on passengers already boarded on the plane right before take off, at least Arik used to do that. This man has a point, we should be exporting Nigerian food and culture overseas and not being restricted because the white man is afraid.

How true is the bolded?
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by roughneck: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2019
Hello guys.. It’s not about the egusi, it about the nature of the egusi whether its grounded and in a powdery form or it’s normal form. Already grounded egusi falls into the category of powdery substances which are usually not allowed in an hand luggage however if it’s still in it’s normal form, there’s no reason why it can’t go in the hand luggage. Even in the powdery form, it can still be carried in the checked in luggage. This applies to other food items that could take different forms e.g ogbono, crayfish. The best you can do is put all your food items in your checked in luggage to avoid stories that touch. Looking at the scenario here, that’s the secondary screening at the boarding gate where the airline conducts its own check so there’s a chance that the egusi is in powdery form. If you like give quarantine people all your money and you put your food items in your hand luggage, you are on your own.
Ps.. Qatar airways does not tolerate any form of food item in its cabin..

3 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by nemynely(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2019
gare:

I paid for a Phytosanitary Certificate, from Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service Plant Health Located at the MM Airport
Pls how much does this certificate cost. This is because I plan to move a box load of native consumables out of the country soon. Thanks.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Compliant(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2019
Ijaya123:

What exactly did you pay for?

He paid for egusi

Lol funny people
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by gare(f): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2019
nemynely:

Pls how much does this certificate cost. This is because I plan to move a box load of native consumables out of the country soon. Thanks.

N2000
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by saintaustine(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2019
inoki247:
I'm sure if dem tel him to choose between Egusi and London e go choose Egusi...Village people trying to play bet9jaa with is life

So dry.
Everything about you na village people.
Better wise up.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by delishpot: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2019
What isvtheir business with his egwusi. Nigerian customs are so scammy. They have no right to stoo him from taking his egwusi. The right to stop egwusi from entering a coubtry lie in tbe hand of that countrys officials. They just want bribe that is all.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by nemynely(m): 9:01am On Jan 06, 2019
gare:

N2000
Thanks dear. Let me get it straight. I go to the airport MMIA with my luggage before check in, locate their office, declare items, pay, check in and fly same day? Is 2k a flat rate? Thanks yet again.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Offpoint: 9:17am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

Egusi & indomie onion flavour are allowed. But gala, yam, palmoil, maggi chicken etc are not allowed.

Btw, Emirates spray insecticide too. Lol
Why is gala not allow? which kind wahala be that? me wey I dey plan to carry Fufu go when time reach.... I no like diz story I dey read o. I no take food play o
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Adebowhales(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2019
INTROVERT:
Egusi must go.... grin
I thought you outta the litho sphere
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by doggedfighter(f): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2019
See how people are talking about having traveled out and their experiences at the airport. I'm yet to enter a plane in my life. cry cry
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by BubuZombi: 10:04am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:
Foreigners are allowed to bring in almost all kind of foods and others they want but for Nigerians to go with ours na wahala.
Buhari claims to be fighting corruption but has not sanitized Nigerian police,customs and all the bribe seeking agencies like NAFDAC, immigration, etc in the airports.

Likewise you, you need sanity too... Change Begins With You n Me
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by SAMBARRY: 10:09am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

Last time I checked, carrying egusi & some other food services is not a problem. I want to believe he didn't register & pat at the quarantine services there at the airport. They are the ones that will issue a receipt to you certifying that the food items you are carry are safe to go.
if he cannot comply with rules guiding a particular nation and want to carry his Nigerian drama there,how he wan take go.why do Nigerians like unnecessary chaos like this?smh
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by SAMBARRY: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Kharol1234:
u no hw much
whatever the amount is I don't care.nothing should be worth the disruption of your peace
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by SAMBARRY: 10:11am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

You didn't just say that...

But wait! They are coming for you.
I am ready. I stand gidigba.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by holysaint1(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2019
paparazzi1987:

baba egusi dey expensive in those stores. Peak milk measurement is $9 here on top wetin grin

Sir pls can i send you a pm lets discuss.. tnx
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by dokyOloye: 10:37am On Jan 06, 2019
BubuZombi:

Likewise you, you need sanity too... Change Begins With You n Me
I am very disciplined bros.
I swear.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by imma2(m): 11:15am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:
Don't be ignorant bro. He could go with that but egusi or any other foodstuff is not allowed as carry-on luggage. He should have simply checked it in. From the scenario, I can tell he is at the boarding gate and that's his carry on luggage
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by imma2(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2019
roughneck:
Hello guys.. It’s not about the egusi, it about the nature of the egusi whether its grounded and in a powdery form or it’s normal form. Already grounded egusi falls into the category of powdery substances which are usually not allowed in an hand luggage however if it’s still in it’s normal form, there’s no reason why it can’t go in the hand luggage. Even in the powdery form, it can still be carried in the checked in luggage. This applies to other food items that could take different forms e.g ogbono, crayfish. The best you can do is put all your food items in your checked in luggage to avoid stories that touch. Looking at the scenario here, that’s the secondary screening at the boarding gate where the airline conducts its own check so there’s a chance that the egusi is in powdery form. If you like give quarantine people all your money and you put your food items in your hand luggage, you are on your own.
Ps.. Qatar airways does not tolerate any form of food item in its cabin..
Lol...Very right bro. Be like say I be the one wey stop you sef
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Tobbyfitz: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
inoki247:

Shut up everything is not joke
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by bigtt76(f): 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
Its a standard and btw not sprayed on the passengers but rather in the air. The purpose is to prevent mosquitoes or flies from being onboard when landing in the destination country.

Even on a flight to Ghana, foreign airlines spray the cabin .....pls don't misunderstand the purpose but appreciate it.

Tundexxy:

How true is the bolded?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) / Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics) / The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.