Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,150 members, 7,860,122 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” (49027 Views)

Emirates And Etihad Airline Staff How Have You Been Surviving? / Man Creates Scene At Airport As He Insist On Traveling Abroad With Passport / Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Prevent Him From Traveling With His “Egusi” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by bigtt76(f): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
Its a standard and btw not sprayed on the passengers but rather in the air. The purpose is to prevent mosquitoes or flies from being onboard when landing in the destination country.

Even on a flight to Ghana, foreign airlines spray the cabin .....pls don't misunderstand the purpose but appreciate it.

rentAcock:
Inferiority complex is when the white man is allowed to fly into Nigeria with any food stuff but you cannot enter their country with common indomie, gala or egusi and these stupid airport workers actually enforce the ban as if their lives depend on it. After going through all this hassle, [b]one _idiot will still spray insecticide on passengers [/b]already boarded on the plane right before take off, at least Arik used to do that. This man has a point, we should be exporting Nigerian food and culture overseas and not being restricted because the white man is afraid.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Dollabiz: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
egunsi will turn to drugs at heathrow¿ тнєу я scared
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
SAMBARRY:
I am ready. I stand gidigba.

Ok
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
SAMBARRY:
if he cannot comply with rules guiding a particular nation and want to carry his Nigerian drama there,how he wan take go.why do Nigerians like unnecessary chaos like this?smh
He probably didn't know. The way they do that stuff, not everyone knows until you get to customs and they see foodstuffs but no paper declaring what you are carrying from quarantine.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
Offpoint:

Why is gala not allow? which kind wahala be that? me wey I dey plan to carry Fufu go when time reach.... I no like diz story I dey read o. I no take food play o
grin
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
otswag:
true. It seems the guy kept his egusi in his hand luggage instead of his check-in luggage. That scene looks like where they check hand luggage right before boarding the plane. There's no way they would allow him in with that.
Exactly!
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ishilove:

Since last year o.

I don't know about the onion flavour but the chicken flavour is not allowed
I know about the chicken flavour. It's been a long time. But onion flavour is allowed.
Carcinogenic? They aren't serious. They have our type of noodles (Indomie) in African restaurants there just that it's expensive. Like $20 a carton. So I don't think it's about being carcinogenic. I heard it's about bird flu. That's the reason they don't allow anything with chicken flavour(maggi, noodles etc)
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by chrisj2(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
It is simply not worth it! Is he not going to finish the egusi one day and then resort to buying from local african or asian stores? I rarely carry any nigeria food save for Garri and that is because I am lazy to go to the stores and my mum always like to give something and wants me to give other family members. I could not care less about Nja food - food na food!

To make drama over something as insignificant as that

As for the person saying that Peak Milk cost $9 - what? What do you want Peak milk for? You can get fresh milk and other types of powdered milk. Na wa for our people. We are not the only ones - Oyinbos do the same, of course. And the Orientals are the worst - they risk massive fines when they travel to countries like Australia.

is is cooked Egusi soup or Egusi seeds or ground egusi?
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Jeromejnr(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
chrisj2:
It is simply not worth it! Is he not going to finish the egusi one day and then resort to buying from local african or asian stores? I rarely carry any nigeria food save for Garri and that is because I am lazy to go to the stores and my mum always like to give something and wants me to give other family members. I could not care less about Nja food - food na food!

To make drama over something as insignificant as that

As for the person saying that Peak Milk cost $9 - what? What do you want Peak milk for? You can get fresh milk and other types of powdered milk. Na wa for our people. We are not the only ones - Oyinbos do the same, of course. And the Orientals are the worst - they risk massive fines when they travel to countries like Australia.

is is cooked Egusi soup or Egusi seeds or ground egusi?

You are just like me. I don't know why people like to overstress themselves.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by BubuZombi: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:

I am very disciplined bros.
I swear.

Good boy
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by dwilliams: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
I will be flying from Lagos next week and I intend going with this items including Bush meat,I hope I won't have a similar experience
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by chrisj2(m): 4:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
dwilliams:
I will be flying from Lagos next week and I intend going with this items including Bush meat,I hope I won't have a similar experience

A word to the wise - just put the items in your suitcase and check it in... It is simple really! The scanners that check your luggage on entrance to the airport do not look for items like that. However, if they find an item that looks suspicious and your Nja food especially bush meat is visible then they might the checkers might want something or start drama and story.

Pack your stuff well and disguise it. As for hand luggage, if you are not overweight and do not have sciccors, knifes, screw drivers, lighters and liquids and others, then you should be fine. The problem is that if there is any reason to stop you then other things can come into play...

2 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Loooool grin
inoki247:
I'm sure if dem tel him to choose between Egusi and London e go choose Egusi...Village people trying to play bet9jaa with is life
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by 360command: 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
doggedfighter:
See how people are talking about having traveled out and their experiences at the airport. I'm yet to enter a plane in my life. cry cry
do not worry, it will happen one day. Nobody is late when traveling abroad.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by paparazzi1987(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Burgerlomo:

Habaa wetin nah D thing no reach 9 bucks cool

Maybe for your side...
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by doggedfighter(f): 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
360command:
do not worry, it will happen one day. Nobody is late when traveling abroad.
Ok,Thanks bro.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by lagosrd: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
inoki247:
I'm sure if dem tel him to choose between Egusi and London e go choose Egusi...Village people trying to play bet9jaa with is life

Your post is not decent about our people. What makes egusi or any of our traditional food alien or illegal on the plane. Most Akinwunmi staffs are simply overzealous. If they suspect the man for any foul thing he should be referred to the narcotics section not deliberately conjure lawalbto and rules not in the books to make people look stupid. The man knows his worth most times whites do respect you when you know your right as a black in a polite way. Not your kind advice that seems like cows been lead to the slaughter slab without choice.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Burgerlomo: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
paparazzi1987:

Maybe for your side...

Okie dokie cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) / Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics) / The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.