Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students (14998 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day / ASUU Strike: Ngige Expresses Optimism As Another Meeting With Lecturers Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by NobleView(m): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2019
M
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Their children are abroad so they don't have a problem.... this is Nigeria
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by husbandsnatcha(f): 8:48am On Jan 07, 2019
post=74524592:

This is how people meet ghost in life and think they are still alive!
Hallucination at work!
Smh
y ar u so inconsequential?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by toxicbrain: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2019
I am still enjoying the strike please, it availed me the opportunity to build my business brand and it's getting really interesting.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Talknochip(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2019
jezz!
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Smartwave: 8:52am On Jan 07, 2019
What will this Igbo man get right for four years as minister Begging ASUU?? Or do the right thing?? Their is money for election but no money to fund education.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by semyman: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2019
Private and foreign universities are behind ASUU perennial imbroglio with the government of recent.

They will never come to any agreement that is sustainable.
These private and foreign universities are taking care of the ASUU members financially to see to the collapse of the public universities.
Members of ASUU lecture in these private universities or are agents of admission to the foreign ones in addition to the payment to ensure that public universities system collapse.

The only way out is to break the ranks of ASUU, recruit massively with fresh terms and conditions.
Sack all the recalcitrant ones.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Campusparot: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2019
nairafame:
Labour & Employment Minister Chris Ngige has pleaded with striking varsity teachers to show mercy on students by calling off their strike.

The teachers, under auspices of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), began a nationwide strike since November, last year, over some disagreement between the union and the Federal Government.

Ngige also declared that Federal Government would pay a minimum wage, adding that things were being worked out by the Committee saddled with that responsibility.

Ngige spoke yesterday in Awka, Anambra State capital, in a chat with reporters at the premises of a local radio station, belonging to the state.

The Federal Government and Labour representatives adjourned their meeting till today after a five-hour deliberation last Friday. At the end of the meeting, the minister said substantial progress was made and that all that is left is a final resolution. Ngige said the problems of ASUU were not caused by President Muhammadu Buhari, but were bequeathed to the present administration by the previous governments based on agreements reached in 2009.

He said: “FG will comfortably pay minimum wage, we want to pay it, but there must be balancing because figures were bandied and we are asking Labour to exercise patience.

“I appeal to ASUU and Labour to have mercy on students and be patient. As far as I’m concerned, we have treated Labour well. And they should also know I’m a comrade and that is why I always intervened on matters that concern them.”

Ngige, who narrated how he became Anambra governor in 2003, said some of the things being faced in governance today were same problems that he confronted, yet, he paid salaries and piled pensions without borrowing.

The minister said he was made governor under compulsion, and such made him to stand his ground when the hurricane invaded Anambra State then, adding that the rest was now history.

Ngige said: “What Buhari is doing now is what I did in office as governor in Anambra, which was mainly my offence that brought the problems. So, Buhari is not the architect of salary issue in Nigeria.”
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/01/ASUU-strike-ngige-begs-varsity-teacher.html?m=1

We are not complaining
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Xinzu: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2019
Shortyy:
Motherfuckers, pay your workers. All y'all know is to loot. Pay them begging won't solve anything

kiss
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by coolzion(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2019
wami7470:
Most business oriented student are not even bothered... Na only certificate oriented students that are bothered so as to come out and be looking for job...
Guy u talk well oooo, let d strike continue till february ending cos I've got some money to make abeg
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Emmaxy9(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2019
ASUU please nawww

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by vioment: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2019
Do the fg and state have conscience on these people? if na to buy 300 cars for traditional rulers una no dey delay for that one; if na to pocket most of the money, una no dey get mercy for that one; a very mumu talk by ngige. ewu talk by ngige.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Oshin56(m): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2019
No be only Mercy na Ronaldo ASUU will have
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by YUZARSIF90: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2019
VictorNoni3912:
HMM SCAMMER LIVING A DIRTY LIFE.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Irenemmeso(f): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2019
husbandsnatcha:
ASUU dnt pity student is 4 d gud

Ebonyi is not part of biafra ~Gov umahi

umuabakaliki is dat true grin
umuabakaliki grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by MrDojo(m): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2019
Olamsoh:
Asia and Africa were colonised by Europeans, but today Europe can dictate to Africa, but it cannot dictate to Asia.

Why? Asian have largely put their house in order, but Africa has had to endure decades of purposeless leadership.

********************************************************************************************************************
Met some Lagos BUHARIST in Ibadan today...Seriously they need Medical attention.

They said they know Buhari has failed and he's not intelligent but we should manage him till 2023 for d slot to come to South West so that Asiwaju can become our President.

Lagosians are in bondage

I signed in just to like your comment. This is the reality most African countries find themselves.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Olamsoh: 9:53am On Jan 07, 2019
Thank you.
MrDojo:

I signed in just to like your comment. This is the reality most African countries find themselves.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Passionate888: 9:57am On Jan 07, 2019
Nairalanders, is LAUTECH still on strike?
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Godwinfury(m): 10:06am On Jan 07, 2019
Education In Nigeria Is nothing But A scam,
they better keep striking, I just started a reasonable pay job today, school resumption will only spoil people's plans
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Elin: 10:08am On Jan 07, 2019
grin grin grin
Irenemmeso:
umuabakaliki grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Elin: 10:10am On Jan 07, 2019
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Pls Pls I just Start a new Business Involving my fees they should not listen to dat Fool oh! Let the strike continue biko, which kan Witchcraft be dis wan nah?
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Onnasucs1(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2019
Shortyy:
Motherfuckers, pay your workers. All y'all know is to loot. Pay them begging won't solve anything
ugly girl with a loose lip.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Ukoabasi: 10:37am On Jan 07, 2019
Stupid people, please no mind that man... o. Carry on with the strike till this stupid Gov. 4 Akwa ibom pay my moms December pension., Make I collect my school fees before my stupid school say make we pay my increased school fees
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by HoluwaPopshy: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2019
I can't blame since Most of their children are in Private and some Abroad
So wat do u except
And besides when We have Idiots n hoodlums in d Educational Sector
So anything we see Or Music they play we have to dance to d tone
I remember 2012
ASUU went on Strike for 6months is dis a country or A Play ground
Education in this country is 0.6/100
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Irenemmeso:
umuabakaliki grin
i bu onye abakaleke
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Psoul(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Our government is very wicked and heartless. They don't care about the future of their youths. All they want is to use the youths to achieve their own devilish goals and relegate the youths to the backyard.

Can you imagine this government that find it difficult to pay the lecturers so that the students will go back to classroom to make their future more better is the same government asking ASUU to release the students so that they can use them to run the election in order to help the politicians achieve their goals.

Are they even thinking of the things the students are losing or are they only thinking of what they will lose if ASUU did not release the students for their silly elections?

How I wish our students will unanimously reject working for the election until the strike is called off.
After using them for the election, they will still not settle with the lecturers so that the students will go back to classroom.

WICKED GOVERNMENT.
Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Lagosian29(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2019
Just For Keeps

0 - full game - z6df3dtx
1 - celta vigo - Z6DF2WGJ
2 - rsb berkane - Z6DF2T9C
3 - hapoel patah tkva - Z6DF2NMD
4 - villanovense - Z6DF2KS9

eduzz justwiseass

Re: ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students by Sman37(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
Psoul:
Our government is very wicked and heartless. They don't care about the future of their youths. All they want is to use the youths to achieve their own devilish goals and relegate the youths to the backyard.

Can you imagine this government that find it difficult to pay the lecturers so that the students will go back to classroom to make their future more better is the same government asking ASUU to release the students so that they can use them to run the election in order to help the politicians achieve their goals.

Are they even thinking of the things the students are losing or are they only thinking of what they will lose if ASUU did not release the students for their silly elections?

How I wish our students will unanimously reject working for the election until the strike is called off.
After using them for the election, they will still not settle with the lecturers so that the students will go back to classroom.

WICKED GOVERNMENT.
man but whose fault when the youth are sleeping Instead of using the youthful power they are....babies while older bones are enjoying our youthful live still!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / Student Removed From Library For “Obsessive Studying” / 7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.