Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! (8102 Views)

"The Beginner’s Guide” How To Rap By Modenine / 04ka Teaches Fatfish How To Rap - Fatfish Transformation To A Dope Female Rapper / I'm Embarrased To Rap :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 10:29am On Aug 10, 2010
Well as the nairaland king of creativity 04ka aka ofokasibe wishes to contribute his quarter to human development by teaching deelady; how to become a sick rapper in a record time of 3weeks.
deelady will enrol to the ofokasibe school of battle rapping through a nairaland scholarship
shaz will hop in once in a while to give deelady expert advice .
shaz is actually an expatraite to be flown to the school by ofokasibe on a first class plane.
guest lecturers to be invited for public lecture includes benjamz from the east, mailmalc from ben , Sauron from Uk, Ibime from Uk, and mukina from the great gambia.

Time frame-3weeks lectures, exam to follow immediately after that.
Grand patron -04ka
Vice chancellor- 04ka
sponsor-lalaboi
student -deelady
Banker/school fees collector/treasurer-hybrid
school fees/tuition fees- free .deelady is on ofokasibe's hiphop scholarship
hiphop lecturer-ofokasibe aka the flame spittin viper
course/subject to be offered- Hiphop 101 the art of becoming a sick rapper
lecturer's background- lecturer ofokasibe graduated from the school of multiple retards with BSc, Mba, Phd in MRCism.
school cleaners- bjmighty and fl gators, ileke idi
o4ka's rap school janitor-nellaluv

Final exam -deelady to battle ofokasibe in a 3 round battle . The nairaland public to decide winner by voting
exam goal--deelady must beat ofokasibe to graduate
certificate to be awarded in 3 weeks- deelady will be crowned the best new female rapper in 2010.

time for lectures , deelady oya sign in when your ready. am all urs.
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2010
where is deelady to resume o4ka's lectures
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2010
seems deelady is never online.ish
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 9:04am On Aug 17, 2010
Im so sorry teacher 04ka, I was outta lagos 4 some days but im back nw. So, where do we start from.

P.S. I'm always online for at least 5 hours a day wink
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by FatFish: 3:23am On Aug 18, 2010
Only thing I could stomach about her is a trifle.
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 8:23am On Aug 18, 2010
Oh, Iv got 2 thngs 2 tell u gurl,  U r beautiful nd your rap is cool cool

One more thing, can u tell me what a white gurl is doing on Nairaland
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by FatFish: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
Cheers love and I'm on NL cuz there's no other good rap websites.
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
There is really no place like NL,  luks lyk u are online, u can IM me if u 1a talk wink
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
seems 04ka is never online.ish sad

Anyway, Im expecting u wink
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
Hello teacher 04ka, I c u are online dis minute, we cn get d teachn startd if u dnt mind wink
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
FatFish:

Hi,
i haven't heard from you in ages smiley
Will you please tell me what you think of my song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYxkybzIIk
And will you please help me find a beat and i dont know how to put it on the computer, i dont have the technology etc. this dude told me to ask you smiley
fatfish send your vocal to punchlinee@yahoo.com i will do it for u and tech u how to mix beats wit ur rap later.
send it am waiting.

deelady:

Hello teacher 04ka, I c u are online dis minute, we cn get d teachn startd if u dnt mind
seems 04ka is never online.ish sad

Anyway, Im expecting u wink

am always resident in the music radio section where lalaboi lives, i am the king there, if u need me just come there to call me. how is my student today, are u ready to continue ur lectures?
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
But how do i call u or do u av ur fone number dere? anyway Im ready 2 continue my lectures more dan anythng grin
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
did u get d facebook id i sent ya?
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2010
deelady:

did u get d facebook id i sent ya?

i will check it now and holla at u, plus am online right now.lets continue the lecture.
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 8:50am On Aug 19, 2010
Sorry I was already asleep by the time ur reply came in plus I really prefer lectures during d day cos at nyt, I wldnt b able 2 thnk right due 2 d day's stress; Hope u dnt mind
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2010
yea, am back and the lecture will continue now.where is my beautiful student deelady? tongue
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 2:56pm On Aug 19, 2010
Im here boss, lol, I mean teacher grin
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
ok cool
lecture 2 is metaphors,
u will now be learning how to inculcate metaphorical description into your flows. since u already know the basics of rhyming, its only natural that we move to the next stop '''learning how to use metaphors in your flows.
remeber when your rhyming/freestyling, your gon be making use of descriptive words that depicts the meaning of a part of your rhyme with the second part, that makes people think like, oh thats true.

lecture 2 part 1
Definition of a hiphop metaphor . metaphor in this context is an english metaphor but it basically means metaphor as used in hiphop language.   

so deelady
can u give 3 eamples of hiphop metaphor in a 3 line freestyle? grin oya am waiting
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2010
look at this examples first and try to understand what a hiphop metaphor means

see my rap name is deelady and am spitting my flows clear
am the sickest out/ i make female rappers see danger like psquare
its deelady baby / wanna battle me ? u wouldnt even dare
cuz my teacher o4ka and i are the best like M-I last year grin grin grin

notice that the basic hiphop metaphor has ''like this ''like that'' which means a metaphor in hiphop is a simple simile.
on line 2 and line 3 , see danger like psquare? remember psquare has a new single out called danger. so when u say this people are gonna be like oh yea , she's tight.! grin grin
on line 3, my teacher and i are the best like M-i last year, , when people hear this what coms to their mind is oh yes , mi was the best nigerian rapper last year , so basically ur metaphors will be acceptable by the so called hiphop heads, so basically using these examples are the basics, i need u to freestyle just 4 lines using metaphors as examples, thats ur class work, u can buzz me fb when ur done wit ur class work. so we can move on to the next lecture. grin give me a 4-line metaphor now. am waiting
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2010
Y'all pave way/ let deelady show off/
I stomp d yard of NL lyk a thousand of Robot/
Im a student in here but my teaher is so hot/
Oooohhhh don't b scared, we aint gonna blow u up/

Is it ok? undecided
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
deelady:

Y'all pave way/ let deelady show off/
I stomp d yard of NL lyk a thousand of Robot/
Im a student in here but my teaher is so hot/
Oooohhhh don't b scared, we aint gonna blow u up/

Is it ok?  undecided

oh my gosh, way u go gurl, you are a fast learner, am so glad that my lovely student is improving quickly.

awesome!!   yes it is ok, now more lectures on metaphors. 
ok am gon give u more examples of metaphors now to make it easier for u to understand,

Simile : in hiphop a simile is a comparison between two or more things using the words ''like or as''.
example: "I move fast like okada
                ''your flow is stuck in traffic while mine is moving fast like okada
                '' am undefeated/cuz i keep beating nairaland rappers easily like o4ka
                ''deelady is the new rap queen/why? cuz she schools rappers in classes like 04ka

Metaphor in hiphop, a  metaphor is a comparison between two or more things that uses or doesn't use the words like or as.
example: "You small like an ant, but am big like an elephant
                  am a giant in rap while you are small like an infant

these examples are self explanatory, so deelady , this is exercise 2 , let me have 4 similes and 4 metaphors, then we move on from there.   go gurl! you are doing very well.grin gimme more metaphors /similes in an 8 line freestyle
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2010
dee is in d building y dont u jst sit/
Cos I spit my s*hit even more dan Jay-Z/
Don't prove u ar strong cos i can weigh you down/
Im so much like a hammer, Imma knock u down/
U know I dont talk jive just like a clown/
When I rap, u know I flow like a gown/
im so strong, So real just like a man/
Ladies dont try me even wen its dawn/

watchu say?
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
well impressive. ur gettin stronger gradually no doubt, !! cool cool
!
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2010
HERE IS AN ADVANCED EXAMPLE OF A METAPHOR IN A PUNCHLINE FORM.

''i will take ur face and dip your head in the toilet
your style aint hot even if u go ahead and boil it  ''    

this was used by 2  african rappers in a channel o rap battle but we will use it as an example in our lecture.
teeto (won beri) vs snazz (south african rapper)

/\/\/\/\ notice how the above metaphors ends with ''toilet'' and ''boil it'' ?? those 2 words rhymes well wit each other but the key in that bar (a bar is 2 lines)   , a verse is referred to as 16 bars, most people interuse this anyway.
now take a close look at the 2nd line '' your style aint hot even if u go ahead and boil it''
naturally if u boil something, it should be hot,,, but when u tell someone ur rapping or rhyming against  that ur style aint hot even if u go ahead and boil it then the crowd will scream and understand that u dropped a punchline
we will move more lectures later  punchline. multis, wordplay , nameplay and multi-syllabic rhymes lecture later but now lets keep going

lesson 3
WORDPLAY

as the name implies''' wordplay means playing wit words, now instead of just freestling or rhyming, you are going to be playing with words when you are rapping, this means you will be combining what u learnt in rhyming, in metaphors and  in similes. the key here is to keep rhhming while doing all this, as u already know rhyming is ensurng that most parts of ur words sound alike.or sound like each other , especially the last words of each line.!!

so lemme give u examples of wordplays. are u still online sweety?
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2010
O'cos Im still on, Im so enjoyin d class wink
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
Wordplay is takin a word and using it in a way its not usually used,
. "you couldnt be "hot", if you was born on "the son"

remember he meant to say ''sun'' but he said ''son''- a male boy but still drove his point in.

example 2
Im better than you, you will never finish before me
Cuzz I will always come before "U" like the letter T

remember in wordplay you are merely playing wit words yet still making sense wit ur rap.
wordplays usually leave people thinking and scratching their heads trying to understand what u mean
it usually takes people some minutes or so to get what u meant.

from this above, you are expected to drop 5 wordplays of ur own , simple wordplays , i will come back to continue.
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
*I keep raps/wraps in my jeans/genes like a family tradition

*U know what? Im gonna giv u an I.V
  Wen I say IV I dont mean Roman Numeral
  But d one I mean is d one of your Rap Funeral

*Hey, don't point dat gun at me cos im so fond of breathing

*Damn it, Im so hungry
  Lawyer, I av 2 eat/hit d accused

*When ar u gonna kip up??
  Please join a sorority to get your brains up

These are d ones I could think of now, they are so dumb,  angry
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by deelady(f): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2010

But d one I mean is d one of ur Rap Funeral

*Damn it, Im so hungry

Please join a sorority to get ur brains up

These are d ones I could think of now, they are so dumb, angry
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by mykali(m): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
ofoka . . . grin
am i allowed to laugh a little? cheesy

deelady:

this was nice, wink

deelady:

But d one I mean is d one of your Rap Funeral

*Damn it, Im so hungry

Please join a sorority to get your brains up

now i'm LMAO

ofoka, plz school her in the art before she attempts a stage oh grin
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2010
mykali:

ofoka . . . grin
am i allowed to laugh a little? cheesy

this was nice, wink

no, u cant laugh yet, u will only laugh when i tel u to. lol
where the heck have u been mykali
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by mykali(m): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2010
04kaa:

no, u cant laugh yet, u will only laugh when i tel u to. lol
where the heck have u been mykali

i've been in sports section for sports news
and sexuality section for comedy  grin
i only pop in here once in a while. . . .the place ain't as it used to be.
Re: 04ka Teaches Deelady How To Rap- August 2010 O4ka's Rap School Resumes ! by 04kaa: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2010
Gosh, is this the same student am teaching??,, wow deelady am so so glad that ur a very very fast learner,
, i told u by the time am done teaching u how to be a sick rapper.
female rappers like gabry,. fatfish and co wouldnt be able to withstand u  or battle u again when it comes to flows, thats an A-grade gurl Excellent. now we move on to the next lecture[size=18pt] punchlines !!!!![/size]
u ready sweety?? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Luminouz Vs Birdman V1.0 / •°• Newbies Rap Battle Tournament 2019 •°• / Creative Lyrical Writings: Rank Your Creativity And Grow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.