Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,257 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? (3277 Views)

An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / JAMB Rejects Apology Of Timipade Kemepade, Candidate Who Cheated 21 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Amakababe(f): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2019
Pls advise
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Why do You want to change??
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Can your father afford it?
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Wuraola01(f): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amakababe:
Pls advise

What level are you in your current school?
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Chizuru01(m): 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amakababe:
Pls advise

Let's vote out bulhari. That will make you graduate earlier.Also, with him out of office, your chances of getting job after school will increase.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Amakababe(f): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wuraola01:

What level are you in your current school?

I'm going to 200 level first semester once the strike is called off.

DanDeeBoss:
Why do You want to change??

Bcuz I'm studying elect engr, i dont think my school has the equipment i need to be an expert in this field. My sch is futminna, i want to start all over or transfer (if possible) to abuad

TarOrfeek:

Can your father afford it?
yeah i think
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Wuraola01(f): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amakababe:

Bcuz I'm studying elect engr, i dont think my school has the equipment i need to be an expert in this field. My sch is futminna, i want to start all over or transfer (if possible) to abuad

yeah i think

Ohh. Alright

Your school should've the required equipments more cos it's a tech uni
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amakababe:

yeah i think
So na Futminna you dey school ?? ......But I thought Futminna has equipments na.... BTW ABUAD's school fee runs into millions..But if your parents can afford it, then it's OK .
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wuraola01:

Ohh. Alright

smileysmiley
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Amakababe(f): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wuraola01:

Ohh. Alright

ok thanks, so u wont advice changing.
DanDeeBoss:
So na Futminna you dey school ?? ......But I thought Futminna has equipments na.... BTW ABUAD's school fee runs into millions..But if your parents can afford it, then it's OK .
thanks. You wont advise changing sch?
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by zionema(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2019
If you have the money run to any top private uni.
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Wuraola01(f): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amakababe:
ok thanks, so u wont advice changing. thanks. You wont advise changing sch?

Yeah. I won't smiley smiley

Besides, you aren't getting younger.
Starting all over isn't too cool for the reason you stated.
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Wuraola01(f): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by wahza(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
well, perspective matters.. am a futmite. Telecommunication Engr. Equipment is not the problem but the methods used to teach it in futminna. if ure really willing to learn, put more effort in using ur head during practicals..
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amakababe:
ok thanks, so u wont advice changing. thanks. You wont advise changing sch?
It depends on you.... If you still want the private university and your parents can afford it, you can switch.... But then I don't think that reason is enough to make you change.....
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by chloride6: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
I laugh in Spanish

grin
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by DONADAMS(m): 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
please if you know what is good for you, RUN to the private uni...bookmark this page, you'll graduate b4 your mates now in 200L in FUTMINNA...i'll never consider a federal uni if I can afford a private..incessant strikes...I know how many years I spent for a supposed 5year course in the university

1 Like

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Focusmind: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nne, I beg you, if your Daddy has the money to take you to ABUO, please go.

You will graduate before your mates in FUTminna.
You have the opportunity to interact with the children of the rich. Trust me, you will build a valuable contacts with students at ABOU.

You have the opportunity of studying in a very descent environment.

You have opportunities of enjoying your course and equip you for the oil job you have been dreaming about.

You interact with lecturers willing to teach unlike the sadists in public universities.

You graduate in record time to qualify for entry level aptitude tests in multinationals and top consulting firms.

Please, leave and go to ABUO . . Don't think twice. Thank Daddy for the idea.

5 Likes

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
Since your dad has the money I'll advise you go and start all over in a Canadian university where you'll be exposed to the best facilities and be sure to secure a good job when you are done including permanent residency

1 Like

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2019
Abeg, no mind the op ooo. Na too much Fs won force am leave futminna. If you think I'm lying, check all her previous threads grin grin

Amakababe, stop lying grin grin. Have you gotten your original jamb score? It seems you're still confused grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by ihrty: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2019
Its Possible you want to change because of 10-8-8 right.
I know that department has the equipment, so stop saying what you're saying here please.
But well, if you feel your parents can afford it, then why not?
Good luck with writing Jamb again dear.

3 Likes

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by wahza(m): 9:55am On Jan 08, 2019
no jamb needed to enter private uni
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by iceboy4752(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2019
Amakababe:
Pls advise
Wow! This is exactly what happened to me. I was a 100 Level Civil Law student at a state university somewhere in the north. I got tired of everything about the institution, including the incompetence of some of the lecturers. I had to sit for another UTME and apply for one of the premier universities in Nigeria. Luckily, I was admitted and I was about going to 200L in my former institution.
Since I made that decision, my zeal to go to school was fueled with so much enthusiasm, and I can say that I didn't regret. It all depends on how happy and eager to learn you believe you'll be if you switch your institution.
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Abcruz(m): 10:53am On Jan 08, 2019
Amakababe:

No school in the world can make you an exceptional figure in your chosen career.
True expertise in every field of endeavor is a function of uniting your talent with your discipline.

Research and educate yourself if you truely want to be an expert. The internet is a leverage.
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by tonymyke4life(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2019
Simple advice I wud give is 'DON'T CHANGE' A bird at hand is worth more dan two in d Bush. During ur vacations, u can attach urself in any area of expertise around u. Maybe an electrical based company or even PHCN. Don't start afresh. U r on d ryt track. Ur school is nice, I don't care about ur age cos education is not dependent on age. Thanks
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by OneKinGuy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
Just imagine, Am in a private uni and I want to change go a federal university, Futminna precisely and yours is reverse sad
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by goodnewscliff(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
Amakababe:
Pls advise
u should have done ur research on d current uni u re into.......! !!!! .....if u ve got passion for d course,, i suggest u get outa 9ja!!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
Tell dad u'l prefer to go to a university in one of these developed countries n choose wisely if he can afford it. Dont go to a sch abroad wher u wudnt b able to get a job after graduation.

If he cant afford that, den go 2 private uni, d advantage is not just dat u'l graduate b4 ur mates in ur present sch but u'l also get connected with rich people's children.ABUAD is good, i have a frnd dat graduated from the sch.

U av 2 knw what u ar doing wen u get there..."Build connection dear" its vital

Tnx so much 2 dad 4 d suggestion cos i can see he suggested it from the way u write.

one more tin- transfer is all u need 2 cross to a private uni dear...But if ur sch is trying 2 b difficult in term of getting ur transcript,cos the management cud be, esp if they knw u wanna use it for transfer, den re-write UTME. But try the transfer first
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by lanrezy: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2019
i think OP is just joking, cuz how will someone in the right state of mind say futminna doesn't have *equipments* to take EEE. There's something she ain't telling us
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by kennyjam: 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
Last year 22, this year 21 then next year will be 20.
Arithmetic Retrogression

my own sha: never be afraid to start again If you have learnt from your past mistakes.
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by AnonymousTip(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2019
The OP is a bloody liar, she's not in Futminna, she's already been withdrawn . Thanks to the school intolerance to poor grades which she accumulated in a course as sensitive as Engineering
Re: I'm 21 Years In A Federal Uni, Should I Start Afresh In A Private Uni? by AnonymousTip(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
Bitch the Internet never forgets. I remember when you opened a thread about how you could make a first class after you failed woefully in your first semester.. I guess you never did now you wanna change school after your dumbass have been withdrawn.. Daddy should just use the money to play bet9ja I'm sure he'd make a huge profit from it rather than paying for your tuition fee all over again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Igbo Women The Most Educated In Nigeria? / Women Empowerment And National Development In Nigeria / Is A First Class Degree Worth It In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.