Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,332 members, 7,850,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:09 PM

Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates (969 Views)

Common Wealth Army Recruitment / Apply For The Common Wealth Medical Fellowships / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Is there any naralander who attended the interview at Abuja today? What was it about? Specifically should those without admission offers still try to attend? Is it nepotism as per usual?

cc lalasticlala
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2019
Somone please help!
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by playfulvivo: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2019
Please o...... Make una update this

1 Like

Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by esperantisto(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2019
rottentomatoes:
Is there any naralander who attended the interview at Abuja today? What was it about? Specifically should those without admission offers still try to attend? Is it nepotism as per usual?

cc lalasticlala

I wrote this post based on my experience today.
https://www.nairaland.com/4946232/preparing-2019-2020-commonwealth-scholarship

If you don't have an admission offer, I won't discourage you, you may be lucky, but it's one of the criteria for accreditation. If you are not travelling a very long distance you may still try.

With respect to nepotism, I believe the Federal Scholarship Board is trying their best to make the nominations merit based and I know of a number of people that got the scholarship based on merit in the past.

Before my interview today I witnessed a discussion between the director of the Federal Scholarship Board and some people from one agency. The people from that agency came to ensure FSB was being transparent with the interview process. So what you have to worry about is how to present yourself in the best way possible and not nepotism.

2 Likes

Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by playfulvivo: 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
esperantisto:

If you don't have an admission offer, I won't discourage you, you may be lucky, but it's one of the criteria for accreditation. If you are not travelling a very long distance you may still try.

With respect to nepotism, I believe the Federal Scholarship Board is trying their best to make the nominations merit based and I know of a number of people that got the scholarship based on merit in the past.

Before my interview today I witnessed a discussion between the director of the Federal Scholarship Board and some people from one agency. The people from that agency came to ensure FSB was being transparent with the interview process. So what you have to worry about is how to present yourself in the best way possible and not nepotism.

Thanks for your update. It was really helpful. Please was the four sets of photocopies collected or it was only two as you explained. Do we all have to make all documents in 4 copies including the contribution to journals.
Thanks
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by esperantisto(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2019
playfulvivo:

Thanks for your update. It was really helpful. Please was the four sets of photocopies collected or it was only two as you explained. Do we all have to make all documents in 4 copies including the contribution to journals.
Thanks

Just two sets were collected from me but you need to take four copies there because the interview panels are made up of four people.

For contributions to journals, I heard one of the officials say that if you have bulky journal contributions or even published books, just one or two copies are okay. I'm not sure whether it's one or two.
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by playfulvivo: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
esperantisto:

Just two sets were collected from me but you need to take four copies there because the interview panels are made up of four people.

For contributions to journals, I heard one of the officials say that if you have bulky journal contributions or even published books, just one or two copies are okay. I'm not sure whether it's one or two.

Was your academic publications included in the sets collected from you because in the order of filling you posted on your thread, academic publications was included. Thanks
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 08, 2019
esperantisto:

Thanks much...When did you secure your admission? Cos my applicTions are still pending. I am coming from southwest so I really do not want to waste 2 days. Is there a contact i can discuss with?
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by playfulvivo: 6:10am On Jan 08, 2019
Thanks a lot @esperantisto. Please was the EAS no issued during accreditation/what is it.
Thanks again
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Zoaoa: 7:53am On Jan 08, 2019
rottentomatoes:

Thanks much...When did you secure your admission? Cos my applicTions are still pending. I am coming from southwest so I really do not want to waste 2 days. Is there a contact i can discuss with?

Try and go. If the accreditors don't want to attend to you, locate the director or any top official and explain to them. They understood that most schools are just processing admissions after the December break. I don't have an offer yet and I was interviewed. I went from the south west too.
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by esperantisto(m): 9:47am On Jan 08, 2019
playfulvivo:

Was your academic publications included in the sets collected from you because in the order of filling you posted on your thread, academic publications was included. Thanks

I have no publications so I can't say, and it was not mentioned when they listed the format of arrangement.

playfulvivo:
Thanks a lot @esperantisto. Please was the EAS no issued during accreditation/what is it.
Thanks again
Your EAS ID is the candidate ID on the form sent to you when you submitted your application.
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Miyachi1025: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
Please was the interview strictly base on the geopolitical zones? I am from north central and I could not meet up today. I am hopeful for tomorrow. Please advise me from your experience. I really need this. I’m a PhD candidate.
Thanks a lot
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Miyachi1025: 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hello people please who attended the commonwealth scholarship interview today?
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by Chynenyemma: 9:59am On Jan 29, 2019
Hi, please any update on nomination? I know 25th was the deadline for FSB t o submit list of nomi ees.
[author=esperantisto post=74547974]

[/quote]
Re: Common Wealth Interview Today: Updates by pritidame: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hello all, thank God for the information on this platform and thank you for the informative comments here. I have been trying to understand the Commonwealth PhD application process since I recently got to know about the Federal scholarship board publication. Please I need guidance with starting the application process for the 2019/2020 commonwealth scholarship. I have lots of questions to ask. For example, Can I start the application before I secure admission form the University? I already applied for admission for January 2020, only to see on Commonwealth Scholarship website that the intake period is Sept/Oct 2020. So my question is should I defer the admission when I get it or cancel and initiate another application to the school for Sept/October session. Also, I indicated self-funded in the admission application to the school because the funding is hopefully coming from Federal scholarship board, please is this ok considering that the CSC says the programme must be part funded by the school. Please help!!! I need urgent advice, thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Thursday: Share Your Most Embarrassing Moment On Campus / Rivers State Indigenes To Miss WAEC 2020 / ICAN Exam Date Is Officially Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.