Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44606 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 18, 2019
zyzxx:
Kimberlywest thanks for the twist this made my day.

More anointing lol

You're welcome dear.

embarassed I waited for my cake through out yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 6:27am On Jan 18, 2019
KimberlyWest:

You're welcome dear.

embarassed I waited for my cake through out yesterday.
i am sorry, cake wil still come

Good morning.
Please we are expecting update today o
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 18, 2019
infant:
Why do I feel that Daniel still love Amanda, even more than his wife, Shade. He is just trying to make himself believe otherwise. Same applies to Shade. I feel she still love whoever that hurt her in the past more than her husband, Daniel. That was why she still get infuriated just by seeing that person. If she loves her husband more than the guy that hurt her in the past, then the guys present shouldn't do much harm to her.Instead, she will be grateful that she found someone better than him. There is no strong connection between her and Daniel. That was why she believed whatever Alex told her without even confronting her husband to hear his own side of the story.
I feel she agreed to marry Daniel just to show sign of appreciation for what he did for her mother.

What do I even know. Let me just wait and see as things unfold.

Weldon Kimberlywest

Thanks dear.

I thought I was the only one who will read story and start murmuring "no chemistry between this couple"

You know too much grin but time will tell
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 18, 2019
damselposh:
Don't remember 2017

Just come and update please grin grin

grin I was taking a walk down the memory lane.

Please go and update too. grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 18, 2019
Temmuizza:
Hmmmm,madam the madam,this is a master piece already,am following bumper to bumper,thanks maam

Thanks dear.

I'm glad you're following
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 18, 2019
Pinkfeet:
Thumb up ,

keep it up ,

nice story. Nowadays someone need to be mindful with type you have.

They are everywhere.

Me I was once a victim but I learnt my lesson the hard way and I'm very careful these days.

Thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2019
"Has anybody called?" Daniel asked, pacing the length of Amanda's sitting room.

The moment he got there and Amanda's neighbours broke the news to him, it had taken everything in him to stop him from shedding tears. He had to pull himself together and try to console Amanda who was still crying her eyes out. It took time but he finally did it.

For a moment, he wished he was some sort of super human. He would go right to where Josh was and bring him home to his mum. Seeing Amanda cry brought back old memories. The past few hours he spent with Josh was among the happiest in his life.

"Has anybody called?" he asked again, looking directly at Amanda.

"No, nobody. I wish they will just call and tell me where my baby is." she faced upwards. "God, please keep him safe for me."

"Nothing will happen to Josh." a neighbour chimed in.
Just then, Amanda's phone rang.

Wish granted!

She gave a puzzled look to Daniel, who was now beside her.

It was a strange number.

"Just answer it." he urged her. "It might be the kidnapper."

She swallowed and picked the call and placed it on loudspeaker just like Daniel had instructed. "He...hello."

"Ten million naira before 9 Am tomorrow or he dies."
Fear gripped Amanda. "Can I speak to my baby." she cried.

Too late. He already ended the call.

Amanda placed her hand on her mouth as tears streaked down her cheeks. "My innocent baby. What did he do to deserve this?"

Daniel placed a hand on her shoulder and urged her closer. "Money is not the issue. Let's just pray for him to be alright. Crying won't solve your problem at all. Just pray to his creator to keep him safe. Tomorrow we will give them the money."

Amanda still continued to cry. This time around for a different reason.

If not for Daniel, where would she get such money from? After their separation, she started to live a low-key life. Her guilt was eating her up, so she didn't dare ask anything from him after the separation, he also, was probably too angry to care about how she would survive when they go their separate ways.

Luckily for her, she had a bachelor's degree in accounting. She dusted her certificate and joined the stream of job seekers. Nobody was willing to employ a pregnant woman despite her intelligence. She prayed, she cried for forgiveness from God. After two months, she was almost running out of money, her savings kept on going down and down. At a point, she had been tempted to go back to ask Daniel for help, even if it's money for one month feeding for her so her unborn baby will not start to suffer from malnutrition even before he was born, sadly for her, on her way there, she passed by Ginters Eatery, only to see Daniel all lovey dovey with her former friend back then in the University and she was all over him. That brought tears to her eyes.

Fortunately, a week later, someone called her that he had a job for her, although a temporary one. She didn't think twice before accepting it. She started to work there and temporary job became permanent and since then, she's being working there as an accountant.
When she heard from someone that they've become an item, she couldn't care less as she was already living her best life with her son.

Seeing Daniel again, made her feel guilty for how she treated him back then when she found out he couldn't get her pregnant.

Daniel sat, breathing quietly and praying for Josh to be alright.

One mind had told him to involve the police but he had decided against it. He knew there was a high probability of things getting nasty if the police gets involved. But, nonetheless, he made up his mind to involve them if Josh didn't come back to his mum before the end of the next day. He could no longer bear to see Amanda cry.

He was still deep in thought when his wife called.

"Hello dear. I'm on my way." he said and ended the call.
He had ended the call that way without letting it linger at all because he didnt want her to be suspicious but still, he didn't also want to leave Amanda at least...not yet...till he was sure she was okay.

Amanda wiped her eyes and looked up at him. "She is worried. Just go. I will be fine." that said, she moved away from him to the other end of the couch.
"Aman..."

"She's your wife now. It's late, it's normal for her to be worried. And the way you ended that call without any explanation will make her more worried."

Daniel frowned. Amanda had a point but he was not willing to leave her just yet.

"Dan, just go. I will be alright." she understood his relunctance. It was obvious he was worried about Josh but Josh shouldn't come before his wife in his life.

"Josh is fine wherever he is. I know it in my heart. Just go home, please."

Daniel was worried. By now, the neighbours had all gone back to their apartments and he didn't think it would be wise to leave just her.

"Please." she said again.

"Alright." He finally gave up. "But I will be back very early tomorrow morning."

"Okay." she nodded.

"Take care. Don't worry about the money. It will be ready before 9Am."

"Thank you. I owe you a lot."

"No, you don't." with that, he left to his car.

Shade yawned tiredly. Something about the way he answered and quickly ended the call didn't seem right but she couldn't care less. A new problem was in town; her ex and that was the only thing on her mind.

"God, please let him not come between me and Daniel." she prayed silently.

She could recall how things ended between them. It was a bitter note but she had long gotten over it especially since she met Daniel who was like a hundred times better than him in all ramifications
...or so she thought.

After briefing his friend on how he intended to run his own things, how they will go about collecting the money and the percentage that each of them will get. He went to bed smiling.

Tommorow, he would be ten million naira rich.

CHAPTER EIGHT
The ringing of Daniel's phone woke him up. His eyes went to the wall clock.

6:12 Am.

Who could be calling at this time? He asked but when he remembered the event of the previous day he rushed to his pocket where he had left the phone before going to bed.

He had been so tired when he got back that he just went straight to bed. His wife was already sleeping when he walked in, she didn't even notice when he walked in, he guessed she had a busy day too.

"Who's that?" Shade asked, yawning.

"I have no idea." the moment he brought the phone out of the pocket and looked at it, the eagerness he once felt disappeared immediately, not who he was expecting but still, he picked the call.

"Hello," he said without any emotion.

"Daniel, how are you doing?" the voice at the other end spoke.

"You know. I really don't have time for this kind of calls and it's so early." with that, he ended the call and went back to bed.

"Who was that?" Shade was concerned about him.

"A girl I once knew. I wonder why she called."

Shade looked at him. "are you sure?." it was obvious she doubted him.

"Trust me. I'm really sure." he pushed his phone towards her. "you can check for yourself. Call her and ask her."

She shook her head and closed her eyes again. She didn't want him make him feel like she didn't trust him.

She threw the phone aside.

"What the hell did he just do?"

She had gotten some kind of information that she didn't like at all from an old friend and she needed to act fast...very fast.

But why would Daniel answer her in such manner.
Things were going on so well between them till the Yoruba girl came on board. They went out on dates, shared drinks and even a bed...

"That idiot will pay." she breathed heavily. If she confirmed that he didn't follow her instructions she was going to have to take matters into her own hands.

"You better pray for your dear life." she said with a deep frown. She picked up her phone again, she needed to make a phone call she won't ordinarily make but tough time called for tough measures and this was a tough time for her...

Time to call an old friend!

Amanda sat on her couch like a orphan. Her eyes were blood red, she had dark circles, eye bags and her face looked so pale.

She didn't get any sleep the previous night. How could she sleep when her baby was with a stranger in somewhere she knew nothing about. She had spent almost the whole night praying for him to come back safely to her.

Her stomach rumbled but food was the last thing in her mind. She was so sure that no food would go past her throat if her baby wasn't back to her.

It was almost 8 Am. Earlier on she had received the most unexpected call. So unexpected because she never imagined she would talk to the caller ever again.

The call was from Naomi, her one time close friend...very close friend. The two had been so close right from their first year but along the line, Naomi stopped calling her, coming close to her and eventually stopped talking to her totally. She knew it was jealousy but she didn't confirm until later on, after graduation and when she separated from Daniel. She had called to ask for forgiveness for how things ended between them and went on to make enquires about how things were going on at her end. She managed to sound cheerful but Naomi noticed she was hurting...why won't she when they were one time best friends. She had no choice but to tell her about Josh and she promised to help her if things got out of hand. Naomi told her she once worked with the Nigerian police and still had some connections there and if need be, she would involve the police.

Amanda was so grateful to her and thanked God for bringing Naomi back in her life but still, she prayed inwardly for things to not get out of hands.

A soft knock on the door distracted her from her thoughts.

"Come in." she hoped it was Daniel.

Her hope dissipated when one of her neighbour came in carrying something in a food flask.

"Oh my God," the woman said loudly. "You've lost so much weight. Please tell me you were not thinking throughout the night?"

Amanda turned away slowly from her gaze. "What should I have done?"

"Amanda, you know within you that your son is safe. You're his blood, his mother, you would feel it if he was in any form of danger. Don't worry yourself to death. He will come back to you, hale and hearty."

"I hope so."

"Have you called your boss to tell him, so he won't be expecting you at work tomorrow?" the neighbour walked in fully.

Amanda lowered her head. "I did. He asked me to stay home as much as I want."

"You've got a really nice boss. What about your ex husband?"

"He will soon be here, I guess."

"Fine. Everything will be well. Just eat this food I brought and try to look cheerful like a woman who is convinced that her son is safe."

Shade came out the bathroom looking sad. She was all alone at home. She and her husband were supposed to be in church but he told her he had something urgent to do and won't be able to go to church. She also wasn't in the mood to be anywhere but her house and room. He since left and gave her the space she needed to put her thoughts together.

Seeing Ayomide there in that eatery brought back old memories. She wanted to hate him the moment she saw him but her emotions betrayed her.

He looked so handsome and gallant in his buttoned up shirt and those lips...those soft red lips reminded her of lots of things and all the night she spent in his arms kissing those lips.

"Snap out of it, Shade." she said to herself. "I'm now a happily married woman."

She remembered the night that resulted in one of her life's top mistakes.

Flashback.

"Baby, I will be going back to school tomorrow. I might have test on Monday and I need to study." she said to him.

"It's just Friday." He reminded her.

"I know but..." she thought of what to say. "don't tell me you want me to fail my test."

He moved closer and pulled her into an embrace. "Why would I want my future wife to fail? I'm just saying you've not spent enough time in my house. You came just two days ago and now you want to leave." he made a puppy face at her. "come on baby, don't do that to your love."

Her good side had told her to go but the other her...the one madly in love with Ayomide told her to stay and spend some more time with him. After all, he would be out of the country in two weeks time and it would just be phone calls and Skype.

She wished she had listened to her good side. She wished she had left that night if she had, she wouldn't have slept with him and it wouldn't have resulted in a pregnancy she didn't want.

She paced the length of the room smiling mischievously. The idiot double crossed her and he would pay dearly for it.

Was he thinking she won't find out or what?

She hissed and picked her phone.

"Hello, Jason. Just kill him if he tries any nonsense." she instructed quickly. "Yap. Take the kid and bring him to me."

She ended the call and went to her bottle of alcoholic drinks. She trusted him. He practically worshiped the ground she walked on. Why did he start being disobedient?

She never wanted things to end between them in this way but she had gotten to a point where she had no option.

They've gone too far for such betrayal from him. She knew she was using him but still things have gone too far between them already for him to alter her plans. An almost 8 years plan.

She knew exactly what she wanted. If Amanda wasn't on her path to success, she wouldn't have asked him to kill her. She wasn't that heartless.

"Is he seeing another woman that's giving him funny ideas?" she rolled her eyes. Whether he was seeing another woman or not, what mattered was he will not live to tell his story.

He double crossed her and he had to pay with his life. She hate to loose him but she had no choice. She already modified her plans and the new plans didn't have him in the picture.

With her phone well balance in her hands. She stormed out of her house. Time to get her new plan into motion

Exactly 9: 01 Am. Amanda sat nervously, staring at her phone.
The whole room was quiet. Each man to his own thought. Daniel had brought the money as promised and her neighbors too had also come to support her.
She could clearly hear the clock ticking.

Her breath quickened as her phone rang...the long awaited call finally came in. She nervously placed it on loudspeaker, so everyone could hear it.

"He...llo...we have the...the money."

"Great." came the quick reply. "Come to Ajeola junction at Katampe extension...Come alone."

Daniel was not having any of that. "Man, can I just bring the money?"

"I don't know you. What's your relationship with kid?"

Realization hit Daniel. But still the kid was so lovely and It doesn't matter if he was the father or not. "My relationship with the kid doesn't matter right now."

"I don't know you. The mother should come and she should come alone...I repeat, alone. My boys and I will be watching and if I see any sign of police, the boy goes back to his creator in heaven. Don't dare me. Be at Ajeola in fifteen minutes time. Don't be late" he warned and cut the call.

A panic stricken Amanda quickly stood up and made for the door with the bag containing the money.

She would have to drive above speed limit to be able to reach Ajeola in fifteen minutes

Daniel and few other people hurried after her.

"God please don't let anything happen to my Josh. O lord, please." she kept on murmuring as she half walked and half ran to the car.

"Amanda wait."

She turned back to face Daniel.

"Just stay safe and don't try anything stupid. Josh will be fine." he wanted to hold her and say those words to her but that was not happening. They've not gotten to that point in their new found friendship.

"Thanks Dan." she nodded and entered the car.

Just as said, for her to reach Ajeola junction in fifteen minutes, she had to drive above speed limit. That was exactly what she did. She drove like a mad woman.

Luck was actually on her side, she didn't get hit neither did she hit anyone, even if she had, non of that would have mattered to her. Her son's safety and well-being was the most important thing to her.

She hadn't spoken to him since yesterday and even though she knew he was safe, she longed to hear his sweet, smart, tiny voice.

She parked her car safely and came out carrying the money just like she had been instructed.

Ajeola junction was a not so beautiful one but still everyone knew it. It was more like a bush path close to the main road, people used it to beat traffic jam. If not for lack of choice, nobody would have carried the car he bought with his hard earned money to pass the road. It was terrible, with so many potholes and it got worse when it rained. Simply, the road wasn't motorable at all.

She looked around her with fear. What if they just come out from behind her and put a gun to her back and shoot her to death? "God forbid." she muttered and spat.

She stamped her foot on the red sand floor. She was getting terribly worried to the point of feeling like she would pee on her body any time soon.

Her phone vibrated in her hands.

A text.

"Look straight ahead." it read.

She nervously looked and gasped.

smiley Thank God it's Friday!!!

Happy weekend to you all.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2019
zyzxx:
grin thanks aunty grin Rice, meat and cake is coming lol Good morning
Ehen grin
Morning dear

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 18, 2019
Interesting Story....
Read more,cool story,Download latest music and browsing cheat on

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2019
KimberlyWest:

"
smiley Thank God it's Friday!!!

Happy weekend to you all.

Naso, s2u and tanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 18, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 8:36am On Jan 18, 2019
See tension biko

Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2019
Chai.....You too much Jhor
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
Thanks dear...happy weekend to u too
Re: Ghost Of The Past by aprilwise(m): 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
Everyone is having one or two problems. Thanks for the update.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
B
KimberlyWest:

Time will tell.

grin grin I doubt if Josh is Daniel's son. This is not Africa magic grin grin
sad sad lemme and my thoughts alone
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
Oya na Kim what or who did she see? I hope our Josh is fine, really fine.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
zyzxx:
i am sorry, cake wil still come

Good morning.
Please we are expecting update today o
I'm waiting for the cake also
Re: Ghost Of The Past by chigozie1010: 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
which kind tension be dis one...abeg no dey use person mind play cool
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
A lot of secrecy between Daniel and Shade. Nice story you have here Kimberlywest.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by chigozie1010: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
Where are you milady? Come and update please
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
wow Kimberly well done
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
queenitee:

I'm waiting for the cake also
have beign looking for you with cake since now

Happy Sunday angry

Kimberlywest happy Sunday, where us our update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by honourable356(m): 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
KimberlyWest:

You're welcome dear.
sad I pray nothing happens to him too grin he got me dreaming about having kids.
He smiled...

Your time will come.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by honourable356(m): 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
I read down every updates I have missed up to the last one...so far you are undoubtedly doing a nice job with your story line.

This story has a lot of marital,dating/relationship lesson in it which is something worth sitting up for.

Kimberlywest I am tempted to ask how you are doing but I had to concentrate on the story first... No reason to question you except perhaps two...:: Your description of the place things took place is zero...
Secondly be unpredictable you will pull the multitude in their thousands...
So far the interesting story got them all glued.

Indeed, you are good.

To the married,I say communicate.
Don't arrive to a conclusion based on assumption or on the following premise: This girl or guy say...your friend say..I saw you with so and so...

ASK HUBBY/WIFE. You can't be scared of him or her.

Ask...
Talk...
Speak...
Discuss..
Ask again...
Hide nothing whether shameful or not
And above all,be extremely patient and marry only who you can TALK unashamedly to ; for......

Marriage is a life time commitment.
He sigh..

How have you been Kimberlywest??

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by AndyGlobal: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2019
Nobody invited me
BTW, we made front page!
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 10:08am On Jan 21, 2019
Kim Kim, should I buy wine for you? Come and update sharpally.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2019
Front page oooo,

Comma update ooooo
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 21, 2019
skubido:
Front page oooo,

Comma update ooooo

My dear, I will update later.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by dimssy(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hey, KimberlyWest..how are you doing?
Interesting storyline you got here.
Here o support you girl
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
She nervously looked and gasped. There her son was, looking so frail and unkempt. Another young lady had a gun pointed to her head. She looked like a regular passerby who was probably following that path to the nearby market, just like so many other people and she was crying.

Tears crowded her eyes.

They were three guys, all wearing mask and dressed in all black. One had his big large palm on the lady's mouth while the other carried Josh.

Amanda's phone vibrated again. Just as tears started to pour down her eyes for her son and the lady.

'Give her the money.'

Amanda nodded and brought the bag in front of her.
Amanda watched as they pointed the gun and urged her to come to her. The lady nodded nervously while using one hand to muffle the sound of her cry.

The lady walked to Amanda. Amanda could tell the lady was just as scared as her. She picked the bag and walked to the men, Who still stood with their guns aimed at her.

She went to them and dropped the bag, one of them opened it and nodded to the others.
Amanda got another text.

"If it's not complete. The next time we see, we will give you his dead body."

She shook her head vigorously at them, still shedding tears. "It's complete, it's complete." she said, still crying.

They gave Josh to the lady and nodded towards Amanda.

She quickly collected him and started to walk towards Amanda.
Amanda ran towards them, eager and desperate to hold her son.

Just then, they heard the sound of gunshots not far away from where they were.

The men ran into the bush while firing their own guns.

"Run!" the lady shouted to Amanda, while running towards the car also.

They heard the gunshot again. Amanda knew it was not the police. Daniel had promised not to involve the police and he was a man of his words. She and the lady ran to car with Josh in the lady's arms.

They entered and she wasted no time in starting the car and driving out.

She heard more gunshots. More like a gun battle but all she wanted was to leave that path into the main road.
Thank God for so many years of driving. She could safely navigate her way through any path even in the dark.

Two minutes later, they were back on the main road that led to her house, that was when she even bothered to take another look at the lady who was still holding Josh tightly to her chest.

"Are you okay?" Amanda asked.

"I'm...I'm fine. But he..." she looked down at Josh. "I'm not sure he is."

Amanda wanted to start crying again but she needed to act strong. Josh looked so weak and his body looked like he has been playing with charcoal. She touched his head, he opened his eyes and shut it back.

"You will be fine baby," she quickly trafficated and followed another way that led to the hospital she normally took him to whenever he was sick.

"What's your name?" Amanda asked the lady.

"Esther." she supplied.

"How did you know those men?"

"I was just passing. I was on my way to my mum's store in the market." she wiped the tears that feel from her eyes. "they just came behind me and grabbed me and told me that if I obey all their instructions, I will live to tell the story."

Amanda felt sorry for the innocent girl and for her innocent son. Tearily, She picked her phone and called the doctor that normally took care of Josh. He answered and she informed him that they were on their way.

She ended it and concentrated on her driving. The event of the past minutes were so shocking to her. It still seemed like a film trick from a Hollywood movie to her. But sadly, the state of her son who sat with his head on Esther's chest, so quiet and unlike him reminded her it was not a movie scene everything was real.

She was also unbelievably acting so strong, unlike her former self, she would have fainted the moment she saw her son. But the new her who had been through a messy separation, and the single mother her needed to be strong for her son.

She soon got nearer to the hospital. "I will drop you at your house when I'm done. Please. I'm so sorry about what you've been through." Esther was really quiet, occasionally sobbing and sniffing. She didn't blame her at all. She had every right in the world to cry her eyes out. "Stop crying. Everything will be fine."

Esther nodded and and gave her small smile.

Few minutes later, they were in the hospital. The doctor and his nurse's ran around trying to ascertain the state of Josh's health while Amanda sat praying for him to have no health complications. Who knows where they kept him the previous night or what they gave him to eat?

She and Esther sat waiting patiently for the doctor or a nurse to come out and tell them what was wrong.
Amanda's confidence and courage had already weared off. She just sat with her hand under her jaw, shedding tears.

The doctor came out wearing a soothing smile.
"Doctor, how's he?"

"Amanda, calm down. It's nothing serious. He's fine. The memory loss is just temporary. He will be fine in a short time."

Amanda brought her hands to her mouth. "Memory loss?" she didn't hear the last part of his sentence, obviously.

"Let's go to my office." he nodded towards his office.

They both walked quietly to his office space.

"Tell me what happened." he said as soon as they sat down.

Amanda sniffed, there's no way she would withhold any vital information from the kind doctor. "He was kidnapped." she blurted.

"Kidnapped? How did it happen?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

She carefully narrated everything that happened and how it happened to him. "...and then I brought him here."

"You did well by bringing him. I'm so sorry about what happened to your son Ma'm. His condition is nothing to worry so much about. He will soon be fine. He was given Zolpidem."

"What's Zolpidem?" Amanda asked obviously confused.

"It's a drug sold under the brand name Ambien." he paused. "You must have heard of Ambien, right?"

Amanda shook her head. "No,"

"It's a medication used to treat sleeping problems. They gave that to him. One of the side effect is temporary memory loss." he paused to make sure she was actually listening to him. "that's why he's acting like that but very soon...in less than two hours, probably he will be okay. Once again Ma'm I'm sorry about your son."

Daniel chose that time to walk in.

While at the waiting room, Amanda had called to narrate everything that happened to him.

"Good afternoon sir," the doctor greeting, rising to his feet. "I'm doctor Andrew."

"Doctor Andrew, nice to meet you. I'm Mr. Daniel." he supplied.

"Let me assure you once more Ma'm. Your son will be fine." he turned to Daniel. "I will leave you two now."
They both nodded and he left.

Daniel walked closer to Amanda. "How's he now?"
She sniffed. "better, I guess." she stood up. "There's a girl outside, a girl of about 19, she was the one that helped me back there. I can't even imagine what would have happened if she wasn't there."

He touched her shoulder. "It's okay. Everything will be alright."

She nodded and silently walked out with him following closely behind.

Daniel talked with Esther, collected her number and even gave her some money.

They soon left. Daniel went back with Josh and the two neighbours that accompanied him to the hospital while Amanda went to drop Esther back at her house.

"Idiot!" She screamed on top of her voice. "Simple job, you can't do. I said Kill him and bring me back the child."

"Ma, we..." One of the three men on black tried to speak but she silenced him with a hard slap on his cheeks.

"Shut up. What's the use of killing him when I don't have the child?" she closed her eyes. "Before I count to three, you three he goats should leave my presence."

"One," she screamed.

"Two,"

The three men breezed by her before she could count to three.

"Idiots!" she screamed after them. "now, I have to do everything by myself."

Somehow, she felt bad for Emy, her lover...ex-lover. They met when she was in the university. They became good friends...the kind of one's with benefit. She had never met any guy that was as good as him. She still went out with other guys but he was number one on her list.

"Emy, why did you disobey me?" She asked, her voice like she was about to cry. A tear dropped and she quickly wiped it. She was not the type to cry. Quite alright, she had a different plan for him in the future different from what she had been telling him, but that didn't mean that she had bad plans. She had planned on settling him with a very huge amount of money, when their plans finally falls through and she gets married to Daniel. But, then he had gone ahead and allowed his greediness get the better of him.

She stood like a possessed being and started to pace the length of her bedroom. She bite her fingers while racking her brain to come up with the next plan that she would execute all by herself.

She didn't like how close Daniel and Amanda were beginning to get.

She needed to act fast...very fast before those two start to consider coming back together again.
she picked up her phone and dialed a number.

Alex laughed as he walked about his apartment.

"Girls are damn cheap these days," he laughed again. He had just come back from the hotel where he spent the night with Nancy. She had proved him so wrong. He had thought her difficult the moment he met her but she turned out to be just like every other lady he had been with. So easy to get, with the right words.

The only sad thing was that the information he got from her shocked him to the marrows.

"I just want a man like you by my side." she had said to him.

"Why?"

"You're rich, handsome and you have a large heart."

He laughed at the large heart. "Thanks for the compliment. Such nice words especially from someone who barely know me." he emphasised on 'barely' hoping she would get a hint but Nop she didn't. She kept on blabbing.

"...I'm just so tired of taking care of that little boy. I have my own life."

"Which little boy?"

"Aunty Shade's son." she voiced out, nonchalantly.
He digested that information and moved on to ask her so many other questions which she excitedly supplied all the answers. He left there fulfilled and his plans took a new dimension.

"I have always known she had an ulterior motive." he smiled and bit his lower lips excitedly.

Truth be told, he was shocked beyond measure to find out she already had a child. He knew she had a skeleton in her cupboard but he never knew it was that kind of skeleton.

Thanks for the support everyone. I really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Thank God Josh is safe

Thanks for the update ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Continue The (Lola) Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.