Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) (25935 Views)

Obasanjo, Ambode And Oshoala At The Aiteo CAF Awards (Photos) / Mohamed Salah Wins 'African Player Of Year' At CAF Awards (See Full List) / Oshoala, Enganamouit, Onguene And Ebi In Accra For CAF Awards (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by naptu2: 3:58am On Jan 08, 2019
27th edition of CAF Awards holds in Dakar, Senegal on Tuesday

The annual CAF Awards enters its 27th edition this year and the Awards Gala will take place for the first time in Dakar, the capital of Senegal.

On Tuesday, 8 January 2019; the King of African football will be crowned at the Centre International de conférences Abdou Diouf (CICAD) in Dakar, amongst the trio of last year’s winner, Mohamed Salah of Egypt, 2015 winner Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Gabon and Senegalese Sadio Mane.

From 1992 to 2017, from Ghana’s Abedi Pele to Salah, 17 players have laid claim to the most prestigious individual honour in African football.

Cameroonian Samuel Eto’o was the first to be crowned on four occasions – 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2010; a record since equalled by Ivorian Yaya Toure, who made it four wins on the trot (2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014). Former Senegal forward, El Hadji Diouf also won the award twice in a row; 2001 and 2002.

However, the first player to have been named CAF African Player of the Year on two occasions was ex-Nigeria captain, Nwankwo Kanu, in 1996 and 1999. The feat was replicated by Ivorian icon Didier Drogba in 2006 and 2009.

https://tvcnews.tv/2019/01/27th-edition-of-caf-awards-holds-in-dakar-senegal-on-tuesday/

1) Mo Salah, Sadio Mane, Pierre Emerick Aubameyang.

2) Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega, Thembi Kgatlana

3) Mane, Oshoala, Salah, Aubameyang

4) The emcees will be Isha Sesay and Aboubacry Ba.

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by naptu2: 3:58am On Jan 08, 2019
Africa: CAF Launches Legends Game in Honour of Jules Bocande.

CAF has launched an annual legends game that will coincide with the continent's yearly flagship awards event.

The concept was launched in Dakar on Sunday as part of the 2018 AITEO CAF Awards programme to be held in the Senegalese capital on Tuesday night.

Some of Africa's former top players like Senegal's El-Hadji Diouf and Habib Beye, Mark Fish of South Africa, Nigerian superstar Kanu Nwakwo and Cameroon star Samuel Eto'o attended the unveiling.

CAF Deputy General Secretary, Anthony Baffoe, revealed that the game is in line with the vision of the leadership to get more former players involved in the affairs of African football at the highest level and celebrate them for their efforts.

He revealed that the match will be organized annually in the host country of the awards ceremony with CAF using the opportunity to engage directly with the former players on issues affecting the game.

"This match to be played annually is part of the promise by CAF President Ahmad to get more of former footballers involved in the affairs of CAF.

"The legends must be celebrated and CAF is taking the lead with such matches for us to celebrate the role their have played in making Africa football better.

"This will also give CAF the chance to directly connect with the former players as their experience and expertise will be sought to improve the game in Africa."

The maiden CAF Legends Match is being held in memory of former Senegal captain and coach Jules Bocande, who died six years ago aged 53.

Bocande is regarded as one of Africa's finest footballers having won the top scorer award in the French top-flight in the 1985/86 league season with 23 goals for Metz.

The match will see some of Africa finest former footballers like Mohammed Aboutrika, Victor Ikpeba, Michael Essien, Didier Drogba, Florent Malouda and Sammy Kuffuor joining Eto'o, Kanu and Fish to form the CAF Select side to play the match.

They will play against the history making Senegal 2002 World Cup that reached the quarter-final of the tournament in Japan/South Korea with players like Diouf, Tony Sylva, Aliou Cisse, Papa Bouba Diop, Khalilou Fadiga, Salif Diao featuring in the game at the Léopold Senghor Stadium at 7:30pm GMT.

CAF Legends

Nwankwo Kanu, Emmanuel Amunike, Victor Ikpeba (Nigeria); George Weah (Liberia); Joseph-Antoine Bell, Geremi Njitap, Samuel Eto'o, Patrick Mboma (Cameroon); Alain Gouamene, Cyril Domoraud, Didier Drogba (Cote d'Ivoire); Boubacar Sarr, Diomansy Kamara, Roger Mendy (Senegal); Frederic Kanoute (Mali); Mohamed Aboutrika (Egypt); Nourredine Naybet (Morocco); Shabani Nonda (Burundi); Jean-Marc Adjovi-Boco (Benin); Gilberto Amaral (Angola); Titi Kamara (Guinea) and Florent Malouda (France)

Senegal 2002 Legends

Tony Sylva, Kalidou Cissokho, Khalilou Fadiga, Omar Diallo, El Hadji Diouf, Habib Beye, Aliou Cisse, Lamine Diatta, Pape Malick Diop, Alasssane N'Dour, Salif Diao, Amdi Faye, Makthar N'Diaye, Moussa N'Diaye, Henri Camara, Pape Thiaw, Amara Traoré, Thierno Youme, Pape Fall, Joseph Koto, Lamine Ndiaye, Ibrahim Ba Eusebio

https://allafrica.com/stories/201901070083.html

Ghanaian legend and CAF deputy secretary general Anthony Baffoe, Nigerian legend Nwankwo Kanu, Cameroonian legend Samuel Eto'o, South African legend Mark Fish and Egyptian legend Mohammad Aboutrika.

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by Nogodye(m): 4:11am On Jan 08, 2019
Mo Sallah gonna take the day.For the female , i think Francisca deserve it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by naptu2: 6:41am On Jan 08, 2019
Senegal Legends 2-3 CAF Legends.

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by naptu2: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2019
Emmanuel Amunike, Mercy Akide and Victor Ikpeba.

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by ainas247: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2019
smiley Mohammed Sallah..

3 Likes

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by MrCuteking(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2019
So finally they want to embarrass Mane in Senegal by giving the trophy to Salah. Senegalese fans will break that place.

Secondly, that South African babe tried o but I hope our girls win.

Check my signature if you love affordable quality shoes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by Tunasco4u(m): 8:37am On Jan 08, 2019
OK
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:38am On Jan 08, 2019
May the best players win!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by Immanuels7(m): 8:38am On Jan 08, 2019
hi
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by DrObum(m): 8:38am On Jan 08, 2019
Legends!
Respect

What of our Papa Jay?
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2019
f
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by Randy100: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2019
I saw a vision where sallah won. Make una bring tithe for me if sallah win grin grin grin
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by modaink333: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2019
SALAH GO WIN
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by temitope209(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2019
shey we shu naw start frying beans ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by oluwatosink: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2019
Salah all the way..
Another one for Salah and Oshoala cool

1 Like

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by Princedapace(m): 9:14am On Jan 08, 2019
Salah is winning this one again..

Aboutrika is a legend. I love that guy so much..

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by stagger: 9:26am On Jan 08, 2019
Senegal is a great country with great people.
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by Seyilome(m): 9:30am On Jan 08, 2019
Sadio Mane wins this,Sure.
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by naptu2: 9:31am On Jan 08, 2019
stagger:
Senegal is a great country with great people.

They took the legends to see the slave port at Goree.

1 & 2) Samuel Eto'o & Gaelle Enganamouit at the museum on Goree Island.

3) Mercy Akide & Perpetua Nkwocha on the boat to Goree.

4) Legends on the boat to Goree.

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by patosky3310(m): 10:11am On Jan 08, 2019
CAF really dealt with Jay Jay.
Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by bejick(m): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2019
patosky3310:
CAF really dealt with Jay Jay.

how do you mean, cos he is not there or what?? maybe he have some other engagement who knows.

1 Like

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by patosky3310(m): 10:27am On Jan 08, 2019
bejick:

how do you mean, cos he is not there or what?? maybe he have some other engagement who knows.

He is not there, also with his football skills, he was never awarded the African player of the year.

3 Likes

Re: CAF Awards 2018 In Dakar, Senegal (Live Updates) by fasho01(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2019
African football in 2018 was Mo Salah and Mo Salah was African football in 2018.

I mean kudos to Mane & Aubemayang and other great players but for me, it's Salah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Overseas –Based Pros Storm Super Falcons’ Camp / Jose Mourinho Accepts A 12-Month Prison Sentence For Tax Fraud / Deontay Wilder Target Anthony Joshua For A Fight Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.