Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) (86434 Views)

Girl Who Stands At 6ft2inches Shares What Life Is Like For Her (pics/video) / Checkout What A Wedding Guest Wore For The Event Today (Pics/Video) / Black Miss Mexico, Andrea Meza Crowned Miss Universe 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Onechancearmy(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
coolKhadija Ben Hamou is the first black woman to win the title of Miss Algeria Beauty Pageant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMXn3KCqhAs

She beat 16 other women to be crowned Miss Algeria, but Khadija Ben Hamou’s win has been subjected to a torrent of racist abuse.

When other social media users began to call out those spouting racist abuse, some Twitter users maintained it had nothing to do with race. “She just wasn’t that pretty,” one person wrote.

Plenty of other users were quick to praise the diversity of this year’s competition and jump to Khadija's defence.

One Facebook user wrote: “If I understand correctly, you want a Miss Algeria that looks like a Swedish!? It's one of the charms of our diversity, a Saharan charm, I'm glad to finally see a miss who comes from the south Algerian [sic].”

Another wrote: “Y’all can’t be making fun of her nose, hair and skin complexion and say it’s not racist.”

Khadija, who comes from Adrar in the south of the country, took part in 20 rounds of the competition before being crowned Miss Algeria 2019.

She will go on to represent the country at Miss World, and will take part in charity work.

READ SOME OF THE RACIST COMMENTS HERE:

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/new-miss-algeria-2019-targeted-by-racist-trolls-1.810279

2 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Rextizzle(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Racist

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by dominique(f): 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2019
She's not even fully black, she has nice caramel skin like a mixed race person and the Algerians have an issue with that? Shame on them. I hope she goes far in the miss world pageant to further shame them.

The pageant looks very drab btw.

273 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by baralatie(m): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2019
she is not black

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Onechancearmy(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
Arabs have ALWAYS looked down upon black people. ALWAYS.

dominique:
She's not even fully black, she has nice caramel skin like a mixed race person and the Algerians have an issue with that? Shame on them.

The pageant looks very drab btw.

214 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by baralatie(m): 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2019
Onechancearmy:
Arabs have ALWAYS looked down upon black people. ALWAYS.

Arabs are not white nau

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Onechancearmy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
In their minds, they believe they are white. Muhammad is actually described as a white man in several hadiths:

baralatie:

Arabs are not white nau

267 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Onechancearmy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by theenchanter: 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
Well done op, out of all comments concerning the pageant, na only two wey talk about ugliness u pick.

I'm sure not all Algerians are like that.

They're not racist either, they didn't call her "black" but "ugly".

41 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Onechancearmy(m): 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
Most of the racist comments have been taken down by Facebook and many of the them are in either French or Arabic. These were some of the few English Language ones.

theenchanter:
Well done op, out of all comments concerning the pageant, na only two wey talk about ugliness u pick.

I'm sure not all Algerians are like that.

They're not racist either, they didn't call her "black" but "ugly".

34 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by theenchanter: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
Onechancearmy:
Most of the racist comments have been taken down by Facebook and many of the them are in either French or Arabic. These were some of the few English Language ones.

ok

2 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
Bullshit , it has nothing to do with racism .

All the last miss algeria from past years are ugly ,from 2014 havnt seen any beautiful miss algeria . i see in the street every day dozens of women more beautiful than the miss .

Miss 2018 for last year was not black and she was mocked for months and even insulted . so it realy has nothing to do with racism .

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Rextizzle(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
Algerian1:

All the last miss algeria from past years are ugly ,from 2014 havnt seen any beautiful miss algeria . i see in the street every day dozens of women more beautiful than the miss .

Miss 2018 for last year was not black and she was mocked for months and even insulted . so it realy has nothing to do with racism .
Okay

1 Like

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by sparog(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
I'm confused

Does ugly have a new meaning

Person fyn like so cos of racism una don turn blind

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Chubhie: 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
Nice prominent cheekbones.

3 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
Beauty is relative with time and space. This girl is s beauty in Nigeria fasho but I don't know about Algerians

13 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
FORGET RACIAL DISPUTE
she looks ugly in the first pics

3 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by fk001(m): 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2019
Nigerian Ladies will bury their head inside ground or wear Burka if they ever visit Algeria.

If you don't understand the above statement don't qoute me.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Twizzy30(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
she's pretty.

someone tell that uncle up there to explain what he meant or he should stfu and gtfo.

18 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
i do not like her face

we have beautiful black girls that are finer than this miss Algeria.

7 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2019
SAY NO TO RACISM!

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Babiboy: 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
grin
Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by lilmax(m): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
ugly is the new beautiful then

8 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
miracood:
FORGET RACIAL DISPUTE

she looks ugly in the first pics

14 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Ogaga87(m): 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
Her haters are just full of BAD ENERGY.... Jealousy go kill them..
This kind person black and ugly.. Make them come see my girlfriend, maybe they will say Devil has unveil himself... Stupid people with lousy mouth

Congrats O my dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by ggoldmine: 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
I thought Algeria is supposed to be an African country… as in blacks?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
I was hoping to see a black black lady...this one would pass for an African American.

6 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Topmaike007(m): 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
Algerian1:

una cup of tea Biko
Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by jaxxy(m): 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
She’s not ugly bt i won’t say she’s so pretty facially maybe there’s smtnlese about her the judges liked.

Agbani wasn’t so pretty bt luckily she had many other unique qualities that made her standout.

Modified* just watched the video and she looks gorgeous, good height and deserves the win.

8 Likes

Re: Khadija Ben Hamou Becomes First Black Miss Algeria (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
They are right... She is actually black n ugly. Look @ d pics in detail you will notice it. Though not too ugly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls WAT Good Cream Can I Use To Lighten My Skin / Woman's Before And After Makeup Transformation Will Leave You Speechless / Lady Wore Bra & Panties To The Market In Malawi & Got People Talking. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.