Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Virus Threathens My Job - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Virus Threathens My Job (788 Views)

"GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. / *help!!!! Could Cost Me My Job. / Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virus Threathens My Job by aribells(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
Good day My fellow Naira Landers

I do not know where to post this, but i know i need Solution

I work with an American oil servicing firm in Nigeria
Just like any other Corporate Organization Browsing is an Offense
Except for official Purpose or outside work hours

when i get to office i usually sign in my messanger to see upcoming mails
One of my friends on my messanger list said i should Click a link to see his Picture

That was the Genesis of the problem
Unknown to me it was a Virus
This are now the effects
It has made the Site my permanent home page
It automatically sent the link to all the contact in my list, some of who i know will have clicked it an now be facing the same problem
My Task manager is no longer active.
Run is no longer available on my system.
If i want to compose an email, once i type the email i want to send it to, and i type the subject it will just add the following for me
"Click www,,,,,,, com to check out my pics" and send the message Automatically

From my Knowledge the Virus is a program that is runing. that is why it has disabled the task manager so that i cannot end the Program.

Please does anyone have an idea to the solution.

What i just discovered is that the it has now spread to two system in the company
The Virus is not only threathning My computer and Network.
It is threathning My JOB
Re: Virus Threathens My Job by webmaster3: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2007
obviously the virus has entered into your system registry. what you have to do is to use nortons antivirus 2005 and above,they have the ability to fix your system files and make sure that you run updates on your nortons antivirus and am quite sure that the virus will be detected.
Re: Virus Threathens My Job by goldenimp(m): 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2007
hi aribells
im familiar with this virus that comes thru ur messenger
all you have to do is use your system restore, and restore your system to an earlier date , earlier to the time d virus entered.
to get to system restore function. you can go through the hel and support of your system, then click on performannce and maintenance. on the list you shuold be able to see "performing system restore.
it works like magic. it worked for me.

(1) (Reply)

Web Gurus Money Wire Trhough E-gold / Website Review: Rockbasemusic / Calling All Wapmasters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.