Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:02 AM

Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! (1935 Views)

Nairaland Regain Its No. 1 Spot Beats VanguardNGR.com / Vanguardngr.com Is Reporting "Attack Page" / Does vanguardngr Have An Rss Or Any Means Of Accessing Their News? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Help! /vanguard site don give me pc virus o!
I opened this link - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/lion-on-rampage-kills-two-in-yobe/ - and my antivirus screamed!!!

Re: Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by soloqy: 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
Avast blocked the malicious file then ,it seems.
Re: Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^^Are you sure? So my pc is not going to die?
Re: Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by yawatide(f): 12:31am On Feb 24, 2012
nna, remember when I thought that your site had given me a virus? I guess it was either vanguard or UK's Sun newspaper (a site i used to frequent a lot). As a result of that virus, my lappie has been out of commission for at least 3 days a week for the past month. As we speak, it has gone back to the shop though this time, I am demanding that the hard drive be completely replaced.

. . .and yep, I did have the latest AV definitions. In speaking with the guy helping me clean up, he says that hackers have even found a way to go around google such that a mere google search could download a virus without you knowing. He strongly advised that I use yahoo or bing.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2012
This is serious men. I believe that ones you said a google search can download a virus - i experimented something out of curiosity - and yes, the guy may most likely be corrected (99% chance of being correct actually). I will conclude that experiment soonest to see how it goes (but i expect google to somehow stop the virus).
Re: Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 24, 2012
you are stealing nairaland's traffic with that your google cheat, you are doing many things behind bars, why wouldnt you catch a worm or malware.
Re: Help!!! vanguard Site (vanguardngr.com) Don Give Me Pc Virus O! by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2012
^^^I know i steal traffick from many places, but what do you mean by behind bars and google cheat
Anyway, according to our analysts here, i managed not to catch the worm - i disconnected my browser very quickly with ALT+F4 immediately after making the screencapture as evidence.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Huge Active Nigerian Instagram Account / Newly Approved Nigerian Google Adsense For Sell @10k / Domain Flipping: Questions/help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.