Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,769 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking (18584 Views)

Immigration Kicks As Nigerian Passport Ranks Below Niger, Chad, Others / Lack Of Passport Machines At Nigerian Embassy In Qatar Leads To Deportations / The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by dre11(m): 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Nigeria has risen to 91 on the Henley and Partners Passport Ranking of 2019.

Nigeria was 94 in 2018 but has risen by three spots as its passport can take its holder into 47 countries without a visa.

Findings by The PUNCH showed that Nigeria came 62nd in 2006, 64th in 2007, 67th in 2008 and has continued to decline in comparison with other nation.

In the latest ranking, Nigeria now trails behind Ghana (77), Rwanda (84), Guinea (82), Mali (83), Togo (83), Senegal (82), Chad (85), Benin Republic (80), Cameroon (90) and Central African Republic (89).

Somalia came last in Africa with the 103rd spot and its passport can get you into 32 countries without a visa.

At number 53, South Arica is the strongest on the African continent as its passport can get you into 101 countries easily.

In the world ranking, Afghanistan and Iran took the last spot at 104 as their passports can only get you into 30 countries without a visa.

Japan has the world’s most powerful passport as its citizens can visit 190 countries around the world visa-free. The Singaporean and South Korean passports are in joint second place on 189 countries.

However, both the UK and USA passports have dropped down the ranking from fifth in 2018 and are both in sixth place now on 185 countries. Switzerland is also sixth

The Henley Passport Index is the most rigorous and sophisticated measure of global access. It goes beyond a simple ranking of passports to provide you with an in-depth picture of your travel freedom, including which countries you can access with which type of visa, how your passport has changed over the last 14 years, how your passport compares to other passports, why your passport has the level of access it does, and which additional passports would improve your mobility.

The Henley Passport Index is the only passport index that is based on International Air Transport Association data, enhanced by extensive in-house research, supported by expert commentary, and updated regularly throughout the year, making it the most robust, credible, and reliable index of its kind.

https://punchng.com/again-ghana-chad-others-beat-nigeria-on-strength-of-passport-ranking/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Nigeria as a country now is outrightly worthless.

Police on run
Army on the run
Boko haram is now our chief security.
God bless PMB.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Ollywhel(m): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
Not surprised. Given the bad reputation we had globally, our passport will be weak.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Corrinthians(m): 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
Why won't they when you have those El Chapo's cousins from across that river always in a rush to polute the population of other countries with banned substances/narcotics at the drop of a hat. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
Can Nigeria ever be great

It's a very painful thing being a Nigerian.

19 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
Mauritius has the highest passport power. Not South Africa.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
Not surprised!!! It's expected when you have someone from another nationality presiding over Nigeria!

Expect more shocking nose dive should this impostor rigs himself in the 2nd time!

We use to be the giant of Africa, we must retrace our steps to places we've made mistakes

It must be well again!!!

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by 50desh(m): 2:54am On Jan 09, 2019
Na wa for our matter o....economy just dey go down like GP

5 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Pavore9: 2:56am On Jan 09, 2019
"Japan has the world’s most powerful passport as its citizens can visit 190 countries around the world visa-free. The Singaporean and South Korean passports are in joint second place on 189 countries".. Hmm

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Daniel058(m): 3:00am On Jan 09, 2019
I think am not a Nigerian..

#Israelite wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by flyca: 3:06am On Jan 09, 2019
Lol.
My friend works in a multi-national organisation here. Anytime him and his colleagues have to go for business trip, his own visa will be denied. Painful thing is that some of his colleagues are from other African countries: Ghana, Rwanda, Cameroun etc. In fact, his bosses are becoming reluctant to send him abroad, they now will prefer to let his juniors go, to avoid visa walaha. Sad huh?

Here is a lil extract from our conversation this morning.

Truth is that many Nigerians will never know how bad Nigeria is, until they live Nigeria. So it's okay to shout “Sai Baba” and collect 30k stomach infrastucture. It is well o

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Arelyn: 3:15am On Jan 09, 2019
We need to understand some things before jumping to conclusions as Nigerians. We are always in a haste to propel our own image downwards.

The Henley passport index is not a measure of the strength or economic prowess of country rather it is the ranking of passports based on how many countries such passport can access without Visa.

The visa free agreement between countries are direct implication of factors such as Geographic region, Trade agreements, population, susceptibility to communal diseases, wealth, colonial heritage, Freedom, Education, Terrorism and the likes

So the fact that chad or Ghana is ahead does not mean our passport is useless. Countries like Japan and Singapore are ahead of the likes of USA, UK etc and I don't think that makes them better.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Arelyn: 3:22am On Jan 09, 2019

]Lol.
My friend works in a multi-national organisation here. Anytime him and his has to go for business trip, his own visa will be denied. Painful thing is that some of his colleagues are from other African countries: Ghana, Rwanada, Cameroun etc

Here is a lil extract from our conversation this morning.

Many will never know how bad Nigeria is, until they live Nigeria. While they are inside the country, it's okay to shour “Sai Baba” and collect 30k stomach infrastucture. It is well o
.........................................................................................

With due respect, your friend may be doing something wrong or he has done some wrong things prior to his visa application. He might be under some banned list sort of which he is unaware of as the embassy don't announce it.

All things been equal, there is little to no reason why any embassy will fail to grant him business trip based on his passport and his nationality

There will be some salient things he is not aware of

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by obembet(f): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2019
Keep recycling the old fools in the name of PDP/APC, una eyes will.soon opem

2 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Kingspin(m): 3:26am On Jan 09, 2019
Some people don't know how devalue Nigeria is; Una think say na oil-money.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 09, 2019
Nigeria na country?
My village get value pass am sef angry

13 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by smoke9910(m): 3:30am On Jan 09, 2019
Very soon even the dead bodies buried in Nigeria will be looking for visas so as to get buried elsewhere. The country is a torment for the people.

9 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by chukxie(m): 3:32am On Jan 09, 2019
The Nigerian passport would continue spiraling down the pecking order if nothing is done by our government to improve the standard of living in Nigeria. The downward spiral of our passport would also continue as long as drug mules and scammers from Nigeria keep doing what they do abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by wethebest(m): 3:32am On Jan 09, 2019
Nobody takes naija serious again since d dullard n his zombies took over
Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by naunasabi: 3:38am On Jan 09, 2019
Arelyn:
We need to understand some things before jumping to conclusions as Nigerians. We are always in a haste to propel our own image downwards.

The Henley passport index is not a measure of the strength or economic prowess of country rather it is the ranking of passports based on how many countries such passport can access without Visa.

The visa free agreement between countries are direct implication of factors such as Geographic region, Trade agreements, population, susceptibility to communal diseases, wealth, colonial heritage, Freedom, Education, Terrorism and the likes

So the fact that chad or Ghana is ahead does not mean our passport is useless. Countries like Japan and Singapore are ahead of the likes of USA, UK etc and I don't think that makes them better.

Keep telling yourself that.

All these sai baba people una see in una life?

Me dey here jeje with one of the western eu country passport I dey still pray make una vote out bubu so una lives go better. But those of una with useless green passport wan die put ontop Buhari.

I wish una luck while I sip my zobo with my kingdom of .... Passport- gateway to many countries. Infact I don't even need the passport to travel to most places all I need is my resident card as eu member.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by educhigo: 3:51am On Jan 09, 2019
cry cry cry
Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Arelyn: 3:54am On Jan 09, 2019
naunasabi:

Keep telling yourself that.

All these sai baba people una see in una life?

Me dey here jeje with one of the western eu country passport I dey still pray make una vote out bubu so una lives go better. But those of una with useless green passport wan die put ontop Buhari.

I wish una luck while I sip my zobo with my kingdom of .... Passport- gateway to many countries. Infact I don't even need the passport to travel to most places all I need is my resident card as eu member.

I don't think there is anything wrong in what have said and I don't think you need to let us know where you are or who you are, cause they are both inconsequential.

EU might be the dream to you but it was a stepping stone for some people. I am grateful to the green passport for what I have been able to achieve with it thus far

14 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by APCpackandgo: 3:54am On Jan 09, 2019
See what Buhari has reduced us to.

1 Like

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by naunasabi: 4:07am On Jan 09, 2019
Arelyn:

I don't think there is anything wrong in what have said and I don't think you need to let us know where you are or who you are, cause they are both inconsequential.

EU might be the dream to you but it was a stepping stone for some people. I am grateful to the green passport for what I have been able to achieve with it thus far

My EU dey pain you for body?

Nothing is wrong with what you have said but saying that there is no relationship with the "quality" of a country's passport and there economy is not entirely correct.

Just look at the first twenty passports and see where those countries economy fall in and also do the same with the last ten and see where their economy is.

As at today EU trumps everywhere. Liberal society, quality and affordable education and healthcare. Tell me where else you can get it cheaper and better than EU? Don't even mention Canada because I have lived in both places.

18 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by chrisdstar: 4:11am On Jan 09, 2019
So some people( e.g. Japanese ) dey this world wey no need visa to travel go anywhere?
Chaii there is nothing good in being born in Naija ooh, so beyond the suffering and dying/smiling, we are also in a cage....kai

5 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by AngelicBeing: 4:22am On Jan 09, 2019
Not surprised, grin
Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Doctorfitz: 4:22am On Jan 09, 2019
A South African passport can even get you into South Korea, Malaysia, Russia etc visa free.

Nigeria which direction?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by obonujoker(m): 4:46am On Jan 09, 2019
Lol...
Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by Arelyn: 4:52am On Jan 09, 2019
Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by madjune(m): 5:05am On Jan 09, 2019
Naija don suffer.

Nigeria's case is like a 40yr old spinster doing chief bridesmaid for her much younger sister and still single when the sister births her first child...

...and still single when the sister's child gains admission into Unilag.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana, Chad, Others Beat Nigeria On Strength Of Passport Ranking by madjune(m): 5:08am On Jan 09, 2019
chrisdstar:
So some people( e.g. Japanese ) dey this world wey no need visa to travel go anywhere?
Chaii there is nothing good in being born in Naija ooh, so beyond the suffering and dying/smiling, we are also in a cage....kai

Yes. The Japs are so self sufficient and proud of their country that 80% of them don't give a hoot about the rest of the world.

They don't travel. They 've their money and brains at home.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tragic Accident Along Akure Expressway Yesterday / Dangote Truck Drives Into Pole In Mushin, Lagos. / Germany To Deport 30,000 Nigerians – Abike Dabiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.