Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) (20550 Views)

Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai / Police Officer Shoots Man Dead In Ahoada Today (Graphic Photos) / Bribe-seeking Policeman Forced To Sit On The Ground After Being Arrested. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Magichand: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2019
On Tuesday, a police inspector identified as Mohammed Usman allegedly shot and wounded two drivers in Lokoja, Kogi State over alleged refusal to give bribe.

The incident was said to have occurred at the Ibro Motor Park, opposite the Lokoja International Market. Ibrahim Yakubu, the branch chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), said that trouble started when one of their drivers was stopped by a police team at a checkpoint in Zango area on the Lokoja-Okene highway and ordered to offer them a bribe.

According to him, the driver refused and continued on his journey towards Lokoja. He, however, added that the policemen chased after the driver to the Ibro Motor Park.

“We were just sitting at the park at about 11am, when we started hearing sporadic gunshots. The next thing, we saw one of our fellow drivers run to the union office. The next thing, we saw two policemen follow him. Our union officials addressed them and they left.

The driver said he left his vehicle by the roadside and when we went there, we met a police inspector inside the vehicle. We told him that we are taking the vehicle to the park and he followed us inside. On getting to the union office at the motor park, we told him that we had already settled the matter with the other two policemen.

Upon hearing that, he (Inspector Mohammed Usman) became furious and brought out his gun and first shot on the ground. As he continued his sporadic shooting, a bullet hit one of our drivers, Mohammed Attah, on the leg, while another driver, Emmanuel, was hit in the stomach.

Following the incident, the other policemen stationed outside drove into the park with their hilux bus, and quickly rescued the inspector and drove out.

We then went to B Division Police Station to report the matter and the DPO followed us with the victims to Federal Medical Centre and from there we went to the state police command, to report the matter. The CP has ordered that the policemen involved should be detained until the outcome of victims in the hospital.”

The spokesman of the Kogi State Police Command, William Aya, who confirmed the incident, explained that the policemen who were on stop-and-search operation stopped the driver, but that he refused, and as a result, they pursued him, on the suspicion that he might be carrying incriminating items.

He added that the driver got to a town near a motor park and abandoned his vehicle by the roadside and ran into the park. He said one of the policemen went after him, and that in the process, there was a misunderstanding which led to accidental discharge.

Aya said that the policemen involved have been detained, while the matter is being investigated by the State CID. He added that appropriate sanctions would be taken against those found wanting, at the close of investigation.

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/bribe-seeking-police-officer-shoots-two-drivers-in-kogi-state/

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Onyemaboy(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2019
This is too bad of the police

5 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by kponkedenge(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2019
I've never seen a more criminally minded police force like the Nigerian Police

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by fran6co(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2019
Drunk men on uniform. I don't just like there unprofessional nature.

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Pulsenaija: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
K

Lionheart Movie got reviewed by New York Times - Pulsenaija
https://pulsenaija.com.ng/movies/lionheart-movie-got-reviewed-by-new-york-times/

Genevieve Nnaji biggest work lionheart movie got reviewed my New York popular online news paper New York time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by iamvictorbassey: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
What is more disheartening is, I heard if you're shot and you manage to get your self to a hospital or a health care facility, you'd be asked to go get a police report in that state.

Please someone confirm this for me is it true? If true, how bad. What happened to treating and arresting the suspect, saving the life then inquire what went wrong?

Please someone clarify before I dive into conclusion

3 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by easynetsms(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
cry cry
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
sad Idiots!
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
Kogi, home of weirdos e.g Dino, yahaya bello grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by ZombieTAMER: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Buhari sef sad

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by ItzBIM(m): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
fran6co:
Drunk men on uniform. I don't just like there unprofessional nature.

* their

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Aku2078: 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ama omayemi kpakpo cuma gwa akpa ogeyi todu ola okor, ojowa ki de efogale gwa GU mee o

My igala brethren in the house can relate to it better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by helinues: 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
Police is not your friend

2 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
What do you think is the best punishment for that police man?
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by ninocia18(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ma so person papa/husband/son take comot no come back again. Odiegwu.

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by PUKKA25: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
Another fool in police uniform
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by RichboyfrmDelta(m): 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
God why!
How I wish I can just sack everybody in the Police at once and then enter transfer market to recruit people with sense & not these mad people.

God help my Country.. Amen

If you are tired of being broke or disturbing your friends & relatives for financial assistance every now & then or tired of working everyday from 9-5 only to get peanuts at the end of the month & really interested in making additional money for yourself this year, then, you need to see this....

LEARN MORE HERE
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by omoteacher(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

What can stop this barbaric act ? Everytime accidental discharge. Naija tire person ooo.
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by godwinstringed1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
cheesy
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
as him don die the police man will be made to collected am from the died body now

if left to me i will lock the corpse with the police man in a cell until he collect the bribe from fellow cellmate
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by Bossontop(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
Accidental discharge God punish Nigeria police. They are all animals in cloth. Different harassment everyday.

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by demmydy(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Coti be lyk u cnt get me

1 Like

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by sevo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Useless set of human beings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by arabbunkum: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Transmission police officers

2 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Not surprised, he is a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by queenxey1(f): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
D man won't go unpunished
This happen to my classmate's brother o (Martins Emmanuel)
From my chat wit him he said the police man was running after a man who gave them 30# instead of 50# to were his brother his resting
Those shoot are even Innocent
Re: Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) by deepwater(f): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
iamvictorbassey:
What is more disheartening is, I heard if you're shot and you manage to get your self to a hospital or a health care facility, you'd be asked to go get a police report in that state.

Please someone confirm this for me is it true? If true, how bad. What happened to treating and arresting the suspect, saving the life then inquire what went wrong?

Please someone clarify before I dive into conclusion

100 % correct, the doctor license would be ceased if he attends to gunshot survivors without police report.
and hospital closed.

the idea is to avoid treatment to criminals that survive gun battles with the police, the mistake is that the government classify its citizens as criminals if u are not on uniform

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven People Killed In Fresh Kaduna Attack / Fake Soldiers And Military Officers Paraded After Their Arrests In Lagos.Photos / Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.