Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed (20546 Views)

Joan Uruvbu 'Jay Jay' Sentenced To 2 Years Imprisonment For Fraud (Photo) / Yahoo Yahoo Apprentice In Ibadan Bags Six Months Imprisonment (Photo) / Port Harcourt Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by valboy20(m): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
A Mararaba Upper Area Court, Nasarawa State, on Thursday sentenced two men- Kabiru Ibrahim and Yusuf Danjuma, to two months imprisonment each for smoking cannabis sativa (a.k.a.Indian hemp).

The judge, Ibrahim Shekarau, said he convicted the defendants as they admitted committing the offence.
He, however, gave the convicts N2, 000 option of fine each, and warned them to desist from committing crime.

The convicts, who had no definite addresses, were arraigned on a three-count charge bordering on conspiracy, constituting public nuisance and making the atmosphere noxious for human health.

They admitted to the crime and pleaded for mercy.
The prosecutor, Cpl. Hamen Donald, had told the court that the convicts committed the offence on June 16, at about 12.30 p.m.

He said that a team of police surveillance team, led by Insp. Lawal Usman, attached to `A’ Division, Mararaba Police Station raided a ‘black spot’ at Orange Market.

Donald said that in the course of the surveillance, the two convicts were arrested while smoking Indian hemp.
The prosecutor also said that the offences contravened Sections 97, 192 and 198 of the Penal Code.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/cannabis-two-men-ibrahim-danjuma-smoke-selves-jail-given-n2000-fine/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by valboy20(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2017

13 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by IgboticGirl(f): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
i tot is HARAM

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by joepentwo(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
D GAL ABOVE M ON SHORT SKIRT.... SAY NO FTC

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by jejemanito: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
If they can't tell us Buhari's whereabout the least they could do is allow us smoke our weed in peace sad

Meanwhile I'm looking for a girl that will look at me same way this chick stares at the weed of life embarassed

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by ItalianWine(f): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Gone are the days when boys hail each other "Badoo" In ikorodu...everybody is wearing ID card now grin

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by bercarray(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
4 real? trust me that can't change them, this country is rubbish o, davido shared a picture of his money with weed in his hand, no fuss o, now these one's just because of who they are, they are not famous and poor you are arresting them, at last you will ask them to pay what they can't afford while those who have 30billion are left alone, why can't we be treated equal for goodness sake

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by CaptainGOOD: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
But seriously i dnt understand why our brothers up that side...are hypocrites.

They do alcohol like mad
They do codeine like crazy
They do weed.
They ar more promiscous.
I even heard they do dry sh*t dnt kno abt that tho
Hmmmm

11 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by MirJay: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
undecided..

Smoking of weed is not bad but the abuse is real bad.

I think they should have been fined 30k

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by seunny4lif(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
grin
Funny how Nigeria law target the masses

6 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by buccal(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
Irony of life..
The policemen that arrested those guys smoke weed too
Jst let smoke their thing.
Wetin dey do Naija pass all these yanmayanma.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by edenhazard(f): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
who can fund my breast implant surgery can have my honey pot for free for 2 years kiss kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by buccal(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Who gets to pocket the 2k bail...
Yo bro says don't pay the 2k
Use ur 2months
Get out
With the 2k get more weed..
E GO BE cry naijiriya

4 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by torres89: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
lol
2000 naira fine

is smoking weed actually a crime

9 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by HolyHero: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
which kind stupid case be this?
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by ChangetheChange: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
The judge, Ibrahim Shekarau, said he convicted the defendants as they admitted committing the offence.
He, however, gave the convicts N2, 000 option of fine each, and warned them to desist from committing crime

grin grin grin

Case closed

Pay just 2000 Naira fine and don't go to jail
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by joepentwo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
D GAL ABOVE M ON SHORT SKIRT.... SAY NO FTC

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by Cladez(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
2 months without weed? i bet their own don finish.

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by canalily(m): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
Them for smoke grass and leave weed naaundecided

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by free2ryhme: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
The ones wey carry cocaine dey waka for Nigeria even rule Nigeria our law throw away face

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by TheAngry1: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
You smoke weed, you go to jail; you rob the treasury, you get a bail.

3 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by seXytOhbAd(m): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
LEGALIZE IT!!! After all, very soon the United States and Netherlands will soon start exporting something that grows naturally in Osun state...i tire for our country

10 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by medolab90(m): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by free2ryhme: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
torres89:
lol

2000 naira fine

is smoking weed actually a crime

Bros na naija u dey no try yourself of naija police go use you train

I don tell u

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by rawpadgin(m): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
n
CaptainGOOD:
But seriously i dnt understand why our brothers up that side...dnt practice wat they preach.

They do alcohol like mad
They do codeine like crazy
They do weed.
They ar more promiscous.
I even heard they do dry sh*t dnt kno abt that tho
Hmmmm
so Christians don't do alcohol

Christians don't do codeine

Christians don't do weed

Christians are not promiscuous

dude, u gat a disease!
& it's called sentiment

& for the record, am a core Christian

1 Like

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by bbbabes(f): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lol
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by Kennitrust(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
The sentence no worth my coments. too redicule
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by peculiar3(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
... only the poor gets convicted in this country, a known thief stormed the court room with 80 SAN and has been declared innocent...

...the poor guys probably didn't have cash to bribe the police, the biggest crime in Nigeria is to be POOR

5 Likes

Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by Olasco93: 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by LoveJesus87(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
O
Re: Two Men Sentenced To 2 Months Imprisonment For Smoking Weed by Olasco93: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2017
edenhazard:
who can fund my breast implant surgery can have my honey pot for free for 2 years kiss kiss
Is it Pure honey?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bribe Seeking Police Officer Shoots Two Drivers In Kogi State (Photos) / Woman Flees After Brutalising 10-year-old Girl For Buying N100 Puff-puff / Man Jailed 2 Years Because Conductor Absconded With Bus (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.