Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? (33286 Views)

List Of Colleges That Accepts 2.0 – 2.9 G.P.A / Which Uni Accepts 2 O'level Sittings For Pharmacy/med Lab. / Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Youngsage: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2019
Polchiz:

Poor analogy! How do people get degrees without education?

BTW, I started by acknowledging that you are correct and then took my time to draw your attention to the importance of education.

Let me help you :

People who don't have degrees also make money legitimately.

Smh...!

You didn't have to quote me to highlight the importance of education, as I never said otherwise, neither did I downplay it's importance. You could have still passed your message and it'll be fine. Na wa oh

I have now established that the issue here is you failed to understand what I said before quoting me, not once but twice!

Now I don't even how to react to what you put up there cause if you take your time to reread what you quoted, you will find this your post unnecessary. undecided

@ bolded: Where did I say otherwise, ehn

All I was trying to say is that getting a degree is no guarantee for financial success or wealth. Even the person whose post I originally quoted must have gotten the message by now.

Help yourself by reading things slowly before replying.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Ray4edu(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2019
All Universities do accept 2.2 but the CGPA must start from 3.0 and above.Anything lower,you just may need to do a PG first.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by iriju: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Please, I want similar information on HND Lower Credit with over 10 years.

Does any Nigerian university accepts directly into a Master's programme?

Thanks all.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Juillianne(f): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
smeag0l:
That statement is a generalisation. You can always get a concession from your department.
Cool
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Komu1048(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
Antichristus:

Go back to your village, find a swampy parcel of land and start growing fruits and vegetables on a medium to large scale, supply your farm products to local markets, and within 2-3 years you would be smiling on your way to and from your bank, own your own car and foundation of your own house laid. I know a UK returnee (my own sibling) with two masters degrees - one from Germany and another from UK - who did precisely what I described above. Five years into this business, he’s diversified and is currently living big. Take it or leave it. Shalom.

Your reasoning is shallow
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by soloyes(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
UDUS
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Compliant(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
kams19:
UNIBEN TOO

Not in all courses
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by ebuka10box(m): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
soloyes:
UDUS
I got a 2.95 cgpa
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by millionboi2: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
better make money
africa is cursed
check yur destiny
everything mustn be book
live rich
die a billionaire
God bless u
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Juillianne(f): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
Polchiz:

I am sure the word "destiny " does not exist in your dictionary. You actually think that everybody is fighting for just survival.

Why is it that Africans always reduce everything to naira and kobo?

The guy wants to pursue postgraduate program which will prepare him for future opportunities in the academic field.

He will carry out quality research that will positively affect the way of life of people around the world and most importantly address pressing issues in the society.

By the grace of God, he will impact knowledge to our children who will become undergraduates in the future.

Among others!

While I have respect for people in the business world, everybody must not be a business man.

If we continue to tell people that all that matters in life is money, Africa will remain in perpetual darkness.

Finally, people get job with masters even at the age of 50? Yes you heared me! At age 50 you can still get a good job.
I wish I could give a million dollars likes for this. Talking about thinking outside the box.

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by humphreydwhiz(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
almost all schools accept 2.2 for masters, its a third class that require pgd
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by abdussalam(m): 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
ebuka10box:
I graduated with a 2.2,been trying to get a job all this while but I haven't been lucky. I decided to enroll for a masters programme but most universities accept 2.1 for a masters programme.i don't wanna do a p.gd programme .....
All schools accept it.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by PrinceVM(m): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
ready4glory:
UI accepts 2:2 for Masters (Academic and Professional), and 3rd class for Professional Masters (only) and PGD.
Score 40 and above in the English test, pass the departmental tests too if available and you're in. Best of luck.

bros how true is this

am a third class holder n In philosophy n I want to no if truly I can do dat professional master in UI

without doing pgd
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Rickylambert: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
Can u lay more emphasis pls

Go back to your village, find a swampy parcel of land and start growing fruits and vegetables on a medium to large scale, supply your farm products to local markets, and within 2-3 years you would be smiling on your way to and from your bank, own your own car and foundation of your own house laid. I know a UK returnee (my own sibling) with two masters degrees - one from Germany and another from UK - who did precisely what I described above. Five years into this business, he’s diversified and is currently living big. Take it or leave it. Shalom.[/quote]
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by iriju: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
Relatedly,, can one get direct Master's programme with a HND Lower Credit into any Nigerian university? And does years of experience count? Thanks
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by mayorgt(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
Try NOUN
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by koyeni(m): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lagbaja01:
You just don't disagree, you disagree with reasons
I schooled there.. I'm talking from experience
They take joy in frustrating people there..
Life is pretty easy!

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by soloyes(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
ebuka10box:
I got a 2.95 cgpa
Yea you can. What course/programme are you applying for?
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by yusman14(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
smeag0l:
OAU accepts 2.2. I'm a graduate of the school and I know classmates that went back for msc just because they found it difficult getting a job with a 2.2. They never did any pgd. Only sat for aptitude tests.
ok...tankz
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by yusman14(m): 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
otabuko:
Lies! Every school in Nigeria accepts 2.2 just that there may be variation. Like 2.75 and above while some will state 3.0 and above. Thanks
oh...ok
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by yusman14(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
peeps4u:

LOL, OAU accepts 2.2, I am one and was admitted, I know several others. But your GP must be 3.0/5.0 and above
ok

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Francopol(m): 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
I was confused abt calculating gp during my time in school, and now I don't know exactly my grade point but made second class lower... so please guys, hw will I knw my gp?
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Antichristus: 12:04am On Jan 11, 2019
Komu1048:

Your reasoning is shallow

I am not at all surprised it seems shallow to you, evidencing the absence of logic in your posts across threads on NL.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by sirqeeboi(m): 12:13am On Jan 11, 2019
[quote author=Ricoco post=74618975]Even universities abroad accept 2.2 talk less of our mediocre universities.

On the interim, contact me for CCTV [/quote

We get problem for naija .. They even accept HND sef do master for abroad]
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Lagbaja01(m): 3:27am On Jan 11, 2019
I schooled there as well, not even as undergraduate and I didn't spend an extra day/semester on my program(2014-2016).....well, life is two-way traffic!
koyeni:

I schooled there.. I'm talking from experience
They take joy in frustrating people there..
Life is pretty easy!
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by koyeni(m): 3:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Lagbaja01:
I schooled there as well, not even as undergraduate and I didn't spend an extra day/semester on my program(2014-2016).....well, life is two-way traffic!
Sure.. Buh at least majority can attest to wat i said
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Lagbaja01(m): 3:48am On Jan 11, 2019
You are right, 70% of my mates then convocated last month (Dec 2018)....I'm just an average student with more grace.
koyeni:

Sure.. Buh at least majority can attest to wat i said
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by koyeni(m): 3:53am On Jan 11, 2019
Lagbaja01:
You are right, 70% of my mates then convocated last month (Dec 2018)....I'm just an average student with more grace.
Success will end it all anyway..
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by adun99(f): 7:10am On Jan 11, 2019
[2.2 differs. For example my 2.2 is 3.23CGPA thats Lasu for you, i believe that the entrance exam plays a major role then your kind of 2.2. Cheersquote author=Zeeeeeeeeee post=74620944]
Some departments in UNILAG do not accept 2.2. Chemistry department for example do not accept 2.2 for academic masters except professional. I'm very sure of that.[/quote]
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by babyfaceafrica: 7:25am On Jan 11, 2019
Rubbiish:

No course or university will accept a third class result for direct masters without pgd in Nigeria.
says who?...if you don't know something,don't generalize!!.. have you applied to all schools in Nigeria.. there are schools in this country you can use third class to do masters straight go to the north abeg!!
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Rubbiish(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
says who?...if you don't know something,don't generalize!!.. have you applied to all schools in Nigeria.. there are schools in this country you can use third class to do masters straight go to the north abeg!!
Did i hear you say north??
Have you applied with a third class to direct masters?
I am telling you no school will accept a third class result to direct masters...I have friends with third class, all of them did pgd...

Same for masters, if your masters result is below certain percentage, you must do mphil before proceeding to phd. it is the standard.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? by Rubbiish(m): 9:51am On Jan 11, 2019
iriju:
Please, I want similar information on HND Lower Credit with over 10 years.

Does any Nigerian university accepts directly into a Master's programme?

Thanks all.
direct hnd to masters is no. U must do pgd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Student Sets Himself On Fire Over Inability To Pay NECO Fees / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! / Egbe Agala Eja: UNICAL Best Graduating Student With 4.84 CGPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.