Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (47031 Views)

MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband / Forbes 30 Under 30: Meet Omoha Nduka, 25-Years-Nigerian real Estate Billionaire / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
(CNN) The world's richest couple is splitting up.

Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are getting a divorce after 25 years of marriage, according to a joint statement put out Wednesday on the Amazon CEO's Twitter account.

"After a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends," the couple said in the statement.

"We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other," the statement continued. "If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again."

Bezos, 54, and MacKenzie, 48, met and got married while working at D.E. Shaw, a New York-based hedge fund, in the early 90s. Shortly after, they packed up and moved across the country to Seattle, where Bezos launched Amazon.

Bezos is now the world's richest person, with an estimated net worth of $137 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. That means this divorce could end up being very costly.

MacKenzie is an author of multiple novels, including Traps and The Testing of Luther Albright.

Last year, the couple announced plans to commit $2 billion to fund existing nonprofits that help homeless families and also to create a network of preschools in low-income communities.

In the joint statement, the couple said they looked forward to continuing working together as "parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures."

They have four children.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/09/tech/jeff-bezos-wife-divorce/index.html

4 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by KingSatan: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Dabigbroda(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Its unfortunate for the man

30 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
Dabigbroda:
Well, I think they are separating amicably

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Speedyconnect15: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
Not always about the money.

But money is the problem in 90% of the cases especially if the woman has got some.

Most women can't handle it.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2019

Somebody should calculate 137 Billion divided by 3.

Give half of 1/3 back to Jeff Bezos.

Because that's what this greedy feminist LovePeddler will do to this hardworking man.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by RealDonaldTrump(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
The way we reason here in America......Nigerians will not get to that level in 100 years

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by gurunlocker: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
They did what will make each other happy, but our own culture is almost killing us and most stay in an unhappy marriage because of society.

Even with her husband riches, she still want to divorce.... If it's Nigeria, you will be hearing "I am staying in the marriage for my children"

I hope she signed prenuptial agreement? Make I no hear say na 10 richest you be in few months.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Sunofgod(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Maybe the woman to Li ke shopping.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by chrisifeanyi: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ohk
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Cubeet: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
The woman takes half his assets

5 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Lawalemi(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
These oyinbo people sef. What is 'amicable' divorce in a marriage of 25 years.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Rextizzle(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Billion $ couple
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Sisijetue(f): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
No woman, No cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by dayleke: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
The saying that money can not buy everything comes to play.....

#justsaying

39 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by enemyofprogress: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
Eyaaaaaaaaa RIP
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by kokomaster3d: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
Peaceful divorce. They have decided to go their separate ways.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by soledayo(m): 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
So una no go beat una self....u need to come to my Naija. Beating and battering na him dey come b4 divorce. We need to learn really

7 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by adebayo3449(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
So sad

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by DEBUCHMANNY: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
wealth is good, love is best. both are two different things altogether. God is love

9 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by dayleke: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
Dabigbroda:

Y na?

They did trial separation fa...
Ko werk...
Marriage naa ko werk...

Divorce yii gan, ko le werk bi mo se n wo yii o...

5 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by sevo(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
Abeg, I need the wife phone number.. I want to help her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Alepa(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
I saw a thread where someone is asking if you need to be rich before thinking about marrying.
grin
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Odingo1: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
Nonsense divorce, I no blame them sha
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by TheTrillionaire: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
So all the relationship books on Amazon they cant buy them and read to avoid divorce?

50 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by hedonistic: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
What do you mean by "World Richest Couple"? How much did she contribute to the fortune?

World's richest MAN and his wife!

But, women. Marriage. SMH. What's the need really?
#Misogamy.

Now the divorce settlement would be earth-shattering. I'm sure she wouldn't get less than $50b - $60 billion. Why? For doing what?
WHAT!?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by fishmillan: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
My gwad shocked
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by MrSix: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
Errrrm
This is it for all the ladies who think it's all about money. You see, money couldn't keep them from divorce. She has all she'd ever wanted but still on still she wants a divorce even after 25 years of marriage and the bro wants it too.

Marriage isn't it at all. A contract marriage would be cool though.

Need a laptop?
I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery.
Details in my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by xilixr: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
I think I am happy about this
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Odingo1: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
DEBUCHMANNY:
wealth is good, love is best. both are two different things altogether. God is love

There is no love in a white women or so many white women dont love forever, every white woman love a man for a specified period whether the man is rich or poor, they dont think like Africans.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profitable Businesses You Can Start From Your Room / Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.