Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (47066 Views)

MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband / Forbes 30 Under 30: Meet Omoha Nduka, 25-Years-Nigerian real Estate Billionaire / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by kay29000(m): 1:52am On Jan 10, 2019
Odingo1:

There is no love in a white women or so many white women dont love forever, every white woman love a man for a specified period whether the man is rich or poor, they dont think like Africans.

So true.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by kay29000(m): 2:01am On Jan 10, 2019
enigmatic741:
I think most of these female Oyinbos regardless of their husband's wealth, require a certain level of commitment in their relationship, Perhaps Bezos effort in becoming the Richest in the world came at the expense of his time and consequently marriage..

So true.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by greatman247(m): 3:23am On Jan 10, 2019
Dabigbroda:
Its unfortunate for the man

How does that make him unfortunate? Marriage no be by force. Marriage is not supposed to be base on self-pity or public sympathy. If it's not working it's better to split.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Dabigbroda(m): 4:47am On Jan 10, 2019
greatman247:

How does that make him unfortunate? Marriage no be by force. Marriage is not supposed to be base on self-pity or public sympathy. If it's not working it's better to split.

Do you have to quote me on my opinion?
Did I tell you marriage is by force?
You don't have an idea on how much the guy will part with

1 Like

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Daeylar(f): 5:45am On Jan 10, 2019
All the idiots on this thread who accused the wife of divorcing just because she wants half of the money. undecided
Jeff was caught cheating and that is why they are getting divorced.
What do you fools have to say to that? Always rushing to attack women and call them names. Stupid misogynists.

I'm glad Mackenzie went for a divorce and didn't just sweep it under the rug just because he has money. Even if she wants to take Jeff's whole fortune. She deserves it. Next time if Jeff ever gets married he'll know better than to cheat.

4 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by LordAdam16: 6:04am On Jan 10, 2019
Daeylar:
All the idiots on this thread who accused the wife of divorcing just because she wants half of the money. undecided
What do you fools have to say to that? Always rushing to attack women and call them names. Stupid misogynists.

I'm glad Mackenzie went for a divorce and didn't just sweep it under the rug just because he has money. Even if she wants to take Jeff's whole fortune. She deserves it. Next time if Jeff ever gets married he'll know better than to cheat.

Only a few misguided folks called her that.

The reason doesn't matter tho' and her case is different. She left the hedge fund with Jeff after they married, stayed with him for 25 years, and is an accomplished novelist. I'm pretty sure Bezos would have no problem giving her any amount she asks for (I would). She certainly deserves it.

As for his whole fortune. Never happening in a million years. The elite write their own rules and with a market cap of $700b, no one wants Amazon off Bezos' hands. Not even Mackenzie.

That said, it'd be interesting to hear her attorney's argument (if it ever gets to that extent: unlikely going by the joint statement) as to how her contributions to Bezos' tech and media empire is worth upwards of $60b. That sh*t should be televised, because it's twice our annual national budget.

In any case, Bezos would make back whatever he settles over the next decade WITHOUT HER *CONTRIBUTION*. Amazon is on steroids.

PS: If she remarries and her new husband cheats on her with a younger broad (men who earn less/have less money than their spouses are five times more likely to cheat in the US), she'd be directed to pay him off. Going by the most conservative estimate, she'd still make the cheater a billionaire. So it cuts both ways. Gender warfare is a dangerous game.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by zoedew: 8:28am On Jan 10, 2019
The last days are here indeed!
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by zoedew: 8:36am On Jan 10, 2019
Odingo1:

There is no love in a white women or so many white women dont love forever, every white woman love a man for a specified period whether the man is rich or poor, they dont think like Africans.

So if she wakes up someday and suddenly says it’s over for no reason at all; that’s it! Boy! Think African!! Marry African!!
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Kobicove(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
Going forward I think all marriages should be on contract renewable after a specified term
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Kobicove(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
963AvatarSpirit:
This is lovely. This is the type of divorce I am willing to have with a wife, after a much understanding that marriage is a mind control apparachik designed for the intercourse of the Sun and the moon, the positive and the negative atom as well as male and female.

Marriage was not supposed to be, we are organic animals with neural self-realization, but that does not mean the rules of animals does not apply to us. Animals do not get married, they fucck who they love. It is the way of nature and the billions of Humanoid Gods, which some of us have embodied.

Weldone to Mrs Beezos for keeping up with such brainwaves and cashing out at the very time you can enjoy sex on menupause. May your loins be with you.

Beezos already knows he is luciferan in thoughts and animal in nature, he will always get young bisexual ladies for groupie, you cant have such money and be married or dine with one woman. I dey craze ? it is the wild way of nature.

I love it. grin

You're on point!
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Xisnin(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

You read pieces like this holistically.
.should i be teaching you this?
I think you lack comprehension skills, that is why you posted a link to an article
which says what most people already know.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Xisnin(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ugosample:

we were talking about women here and not men.

Besides, love is not a new concept (at least not in the west) but it's probably new in Africa

Queen EliZabeth married whom she loved and they were still together TILL DATE

Mitt Romney married his high school sweetheart and they are still married TILL DATE

Bush Snr married the love of his life and they were married for more than 72 years.

Bill Gates married his love and they are still together TILL DATE.

Obama married his love and they are still married TILL DATE

My father married his love despite some opposition and they are still married TILL DATE

and the examples are so so many.

It's the wrong definition of love you Zoogerians have that is causing all the heart breaks and divorces I hear now happen in that failed $hithole jungle

Traditional marriages were not more successful, they were just prisons.

you really think those traditional marriages in Nigeria in the past would have survived today? (a good number of them?)

Marriage remains a scam in traditional African setting cheesy

Love marriage didn't exist in the west until the 20th century, it was even still very rare then.
You listed the list of celebrities who are still married when most of them
have had several divorces.

Same way higher education is a scam for people who have no business being the university in the first place,
marriage is not for everybody.

It is interesting to note that the top 10 countries with the highest divorce rates are those who
believe in "Love marriages", not even a single country with the traditional view of marriage made the list.
You can almost predict a country's divorce rate by how much emphasis they place on the fickle feeling of "love".
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by greatman247(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dabigbroda:

Do you have to quote me on my opinion?
Did I tell you marriage is by force?
You don't have an idea on how much the guy will part with

Sorry that i have to quote you but there's no amount of money that can equate happiness. Sometimes it's better to part with your huge amount of money or property to divorce and get your freedom and stay happy. You can always make more money back in future. Happiness is key.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Babaken(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
wiaten be their problem
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by SueZuckerberg: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
RealDonaldTrump:
The way we reason here in America......Nigerians will not get to that level in 100 years

Will you keep quiet!! What is so special about the depraved thinking of the American people?
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by sunkieisland(m): 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
smiley smiley smiley
omonnakoda:

My guy the smartest way to live this life is to assume everyone is smarter than you anything else is really dumb
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Ugosample(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
Xisnin:

Love marriage didn't exist in the west until the 20th century, it was even still very rare then.
You listed the list of celebrities who are still married when most of them
have had several divorces.

Same way higher education is a scam for people who have no business being the university in the first place,
marriage is not for everybody.

It is interesting to note that the top 10 countries with the highest divorce rates are those who
believe in "Love marriages", not even a single country with the traditional view of marriage made the list.
You can almost predict a country's divorce rate by how much emphasis they place on the fickle feeling of "love".

oga

traditional marriages are prisons

Look at the middle east for example

Only a man can divorce a woman and not vice versa

Arranged marriages are rife and MOST of the girls arranged into this marriage are living in bondage, and because the society deals wickedly with women who st and up for their rights, they have no choice to endure in the marriage TILK THEY DIE

Honour killings are now rife because they have said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH in that region

In many African countries, we do know what traditional marriages are, and how in many instances, one partner is unhappy but have to put up with all manners of things because of the "society" and "stigma"

As the middle east and African countries become more open, more and more "traditional" marriages will be fvcked up and by then, no matter of societal stigma or "honour killings" will stop the wave.
It has started in the middle east, Africa is next.

Whether traditional or love marriage (both are not bad in itself tho, they could work out well, depending on the parties involved) one should stay in a union because he wants to, not because he is FORCED TO, OR HAS TO.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Bamidey: 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Edere:
Imagine you have this kind of woman as client.
Can we rub mind on work brotherly?
I need a lil tip.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
TRUE TALK MAN!

TarOrfeek:

Somebody should calculate 137 Billion divided by 3.

Give half of 1/3 back to Jeff Bezos.

Because that's what this greedy feminist LovePeddler will do to this hardworking man.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
I get you, but it's precisely because the man is rich that she wants to break up now.
I often wonder what Oprah Winfrey husband will gain if he chooses to divorce.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

gurunlocker:
They did what will make each other happy, but our own culture is almost killing us and most stay in an unhappy marriage because of society.

Even with her husband riches, she still want to divorce.... If it's Nigeria, you will be hearing "I am staying in the marriage for my children"

I hope she signed prenuptial agreement? Make I no hear say na 10 richest you be in few months.

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
Exactly

Cubeet:
The woman takes half his assets
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2019
On the contrary, she is divorcing for the money. If her motives were pure, she should have ended the marriage when the man wasn't even millionaire let alone billionaire.

dayleke:
The saying that money can not buy everything comes to play.....

#justsaying
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2019
I feel you Bro. This is scamming of the highest levels.
What she did was build "trust" with her "client" and then "cash out" when the man was comfortable.
I know she must have a plethora of reasons for this action, but the question remains "why NOW?"
Why wait till the man is a billionaire before you punish him for his so called misdeeds, why didn't you punish him why he was still broke?
Mind you there is nothing amicable in this divorce or any divorce for that matter, she is simply going to get whatever she wants out of this scam without any resistance from the man --that is the meaning of amicable.
And lastly, I agree that she contributed nothing to this marriage. How?
The raising of the kids and the running of the family was all done on the man's dime or at the very least the man contributed a larger portion.
I think she is seeking payment for sex, which is something all women do and then go on to give prostitutes a bad name for providing cheaper sex!

hedonistic:
What do you mean by "World Richest Couple"? How much did she contribute to the fortune?

World's richest MAN and his wife!

But, women. Marriage. SMH. What's the need really?
#Misogamy.

Now the divorce settlement would be earth-shattering. I'm sure she wouldn't get less than $50b - $60 billion. Why? For doing what?
WHAT!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2019
Word.

Ugosample:

I did not generalise

I said many, and you know it's the truth

The concept of love is abstract to a traditional African woman

It's what you can offer

The ones who talk about love are the ones exposed to other cultures and all (like you for instance)

Can you pay my bills ---- yes

Can you get me pregnant!---' yes

can you defend my children and be there for them ---- yes

that's all that matters to them (which if you really look at it, it's not a bad thing at all)
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
No No No.
Yes she has valid reasons for the divorce, the question is why now?
Why wait till he is the world's richest man?
Everyone has flaws so I would not be hasty to believe her excuse of cheating.
Do you think Oprah Winfrey is perfect? How about Celine Dion? Or female presidents?
The truth is that should a man choose to divorce, not only will he have an uphill task to convince the judge, he will also get NOTHING from the marriage.
If in good conscience she is ending things on a recent cheating alone, then she should have no problem leaving the man's wealth behind too?
So yes we misogynistic men are of the opinion that this is a CASH OUT scam. Period.

P.S. if you think she "deserves" money from this marriage, then the courts should be generous enough to grant a man money when he divorces his rich wife!

Daeylar:

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by wizemax(m): 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2019
My man, we are on the same wavelength. I just said this exact thing to my cousin around the beginning of the year. She was looking at me as if I was an alien.
I told her those who believe they are so much in love should sign 10 year renewable contracts, while those who are unsure or just want to hedge their bets should sign 5 year renewable contracts.
Personally I think 5 years is enough maturity term for any viable venture to show promise, also it's short enough that if the marriage turns out to be damaging, you can safely get out with little backlash.
But if you are truly phobic, you can go for 3 years renewable marriage.
This idea came to me because I see a lot of people trapped in marriages all around me, who dislike their spouses but stay regardless and fight everyday.
No matter what people say, I don't count "everyday" nor "every other day" of a couple fighting as NORMAL in my books.
If a particular issue keeps resurfacing and is a constant bone of contention, in my books that counts as irreconcilable differences and is grounds for divorce.
Matters that are settled should not come up again or at least there should be no pattern of conflicts.

Kobicove:
Going forward I think all marriages should be on contract renewable after a specified term

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / Profitable Businesses You Can Start From Your Room / Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.