Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Angolan Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Angolan Visa (3845 Views)

Angolan Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
I have heard severally about how difficult, even almost impossible to secure Angolan visa. My question is this why is it so? Though i am aware that they are presently the highest exporter of crude oil in Africa and that they re wealthy, but is that enough reason? Some years ago, the country was a war torn zone, so how they recover from the war to become what they are today, beats my imagination. Nigeria has been African no 1 exporter of oil for several years until now, but are we better than present Angola in all ramification?

2 Likes

Re: Angolan Visa by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
once you enter you can get money easily,even Nurses from europe are going over
Re: Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2010
olas2u:

once you enter you can get money easily,even Nurses from europe are going over

Yes u re right, cos i ve my sib there, but must that make their visa very difficullt? I m also aware that it is e very expensive place to live. An average hotel cost $400 per night.
Re: Angolan Visa by omega25red(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2010
well it's simple once people know there is money to be made there, everyone will try to go in there. NO one was around to really help while they were killing each other so why now after there is some stability and money would they allow just anyone to come in. I mean if war break out again you will be the first to run back to Naija and God forbid they beg to let their refugees come over everyone will shout NOOOO. so you see there are reasons why a country that was torn before would shut it's doors when things are going well
Re: Angolan Visa by Fhemmmy: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
That is what happened when a nation that ought to lead refused to lead . . . .
Re: Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2010
It still beat my imagination how a war torn country some years ago, could recover and their is a mad rush for her visa. Does it has to do with the leadership of the country? The picture painted abt Angola by my sib there is mind blowing.
Re: Angolan Visa by chelseabmw(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2010
angola nke?
Re: Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
chelseabmw:

angola nke?

This was my thinking until my sib traveled to Angola early this year. My brother the stories i m getting from there is mind blowing. This is a place u can start making money the next day after ur arrival. Although cost of living is very high, average apartment goes for $400 per month and on a good day, u can make $300. What trives most there is commerce, most Nigerian business men ship goods there and make minimum of 300%. A bottle of palm oil cost $50, gala, indomie noodle, etc cost 4 times its prices in Nigeria. And forget to tell u that the visa is more difficult to secure than european, US visas.

1 Like

Re: Angolan Visa by byns: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2010
^^^me sef shock- wat next somalia visa
Re: Angolan Visa by niceguy10: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2010
Guys forget about Angola, that country is transit for Drugs biz, a very good friend of mine just came back from there and was busy telling any body how Life is hard over there that SA is better.

1 Like

Re: Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 10:53am On Aug 13, 2010
chelseabmw:

angola nke?

This was my thinking until my sib traveled to Angola early this year. My brother the stories i m getting from there is mind blowing. This is a place u can start making money the next day after your arrival. Although cost of living is very high, average apartment goes for $400 per month and on a good day, u can make $300. What trives most there is commerce, most Nigerian business men ship goods there and make minimum of 300%. A bottle of palm oil cost $50, gala, indomie noodle, etc cost 4 times its prices in Nigeria. And forget to tell u that the visa is more difficult to secure than european, US visas.
Re: Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 7:12am On Aug 19, 2010
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Angolan Visa by ellagold(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2010
Serious, so Angola has become "small London" in Africa overnight. I can't believe this. Hmm! Good leadership is the answer.
Re: Angolan Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
ellagold:

Serious, so Angola has become "small London" in Africa overnight. I can't believe this. Hmm! Good leadership is the answer.

The future is real assests on the ground and knowledge to extract them,china is responsbile for the growth in that country,the country pumps more oil than Nigeria.Nigeria does not make money from oil,the oil majors make money money because they just pay us rent for exploration it is a 40/60 partnership.So we are stupid in Nigeria.You own the oil,but other people help you to remove it,export it,refine it and tell you how much they will buy it.Fucking country
Re: Angolan Visa by chelseabmw(m): 1:17am On Aug 21, 2010
Fogman:

This was my thinking until my sib traveled to Angola early this year. My brother the stories i m getting from there is mind blowing. This is a place u can start making money the next day after your arrival. Although cost of living is very high, average apartment goes for $400 per month and on a good day, u can make $300. What trives most there is commerce, most Nigerian business men ship goods there and make minimum of 300%. A bottle of palm oil cost $50, gala, indomie noodle, etc cost 4 times its prices in Nigeria. And forget to tell u that the visa is more difficult to secure than european, US visas.

All stories. . . .anyways,wish u luck

so u wanna supply fog lamp to angolian?
Re: Angolan Visa by Tcrack(m): 5:52am On Aug 21, 2010
Fogman:

my brother, i can authoritatively tell you that the bolded parts above are lies.( as in BIG LIES)
this siblings of yours, are they your siblings from the same parents or just guys from the same town/village? how much do you trust them?
i dont know if you speak Portuguese or any other angolan language but if you dont, i dont see how you intend to make money the next six months. i hope you realize that nobody speaks english in angola. if i were you, i will prepare well and not just hop off to angola based on stories. one more thing, when you get there, if they say things like "bring your money let us invest it for you" or "let us invest together" my brother, run as fast as your legs can carry you. i wish you best of luck.
shalom.
Re: Angolan Visa by Fogman(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2010
Whatever i have posted on this thread are genuine facts. The person in question is my sibling and so far so good he is ok. Nigerians business men re having a swell time in Angola and containers are virtually ship from Nigeria on bi weekly basis and sell their wares 4 times the cost here in Nigeria. Popular imported goods re indomie noodles, gala, foodstuff, vehicle spare parts etc. I just sent some of my gadgets for market prospect.
Re: Angolan Visa by kaiye007: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
Please can someone help me.. I am about to relocate to angola. is there any nairalanders there.
I need a help. How is life in angola? actually im going there for work.
wat are the average salary in that country.

I heard about angola but i want a real source information from people living there.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Letter Of Invitation / I-130 Form......petition for alien relative(u.s.a) / 9 Days In The Dark: Story Of The 13 Thai Kids That Disappeared In A Cave(CNN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.