Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico (36413 Views)

Gift Okpara (2Baba) Shot Dead In Rivers State / Rico Swavey: Meet Patrick Fakoya, BBNaija Housemate 2018 |Biography & Profile / Hector Joberteh Shot Dead In Lagos (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bamidey:

Chai Mami you like the guy ba?

BTW you looking kinda weird undecided

You should be prosecuted for diverting this topic and hate speech. which ranch did u escape from. is there insufficient grass?
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Elijahrona(m): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2019
Amakababe:
the killer, of course.

Nigeria as a country cannot progress with people like you who gnash their teeth because of what other people do. Read the Bible and you'll see that you're sinning in many ways. Repent from your sins and give someone else the chance to repent. Don't kill
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Mpanyi: 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2019
It makes sick how some people reason on this forum. They killed somebody and you are blaming the victim. Whatever the reason is, I don't care. The only thing that matters to me is a murder has been committed.

1 Like

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Bamidey: 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2019
oochi123:
You've been doing this for long time, why?
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by CaptainStephen(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2019
Valerie47:
He don vex guy man too much, they even shoot am 8times, the person really wanted him dead, now he is made.
heheheeheheh no chill hehe
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by oochi123(f): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bamidey:

You've been doing this for long time, why?
doing what?
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Petersamuel8(m): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
serve him right, if you Nigerian and gay we better not find you because yours will be worse

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Antoeni(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
Correct No Time for Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Bamidey: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2019
oochi123:
doing what?
If Bamidele na fake, you'll definitely gonna know by now. Involve Mami...tryna involve
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by EVarn(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2019
Nigerians are sick. Someone was killed, and the only thing I am seeing is ignorant people trolling and hurling insults at the victim. How backwards can things get?.

Anyway, RIP to the sweet boy, I don't know him but it's the right thing to do.
Why waste someone so pretty? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by oochi123(f): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2019
Bamidey:

If Bamidele na fake, you'll definitely gonna know by now.
Involve Mami...tryna involve
..Lol.. You are funny.
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by EVarn(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2019
Petersamuel8:
serve him right, if you Nigerian and gay we better not find you because yours will be worse
This animal is even carrying a bible on his profile pix. How ironic.

1 Like

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2019
Buffalowings3:
NairaLand, a Mass gathering of never do well homophobes.
Let me go see him on YouTube.

Bye bye fag_ot. Happy viewing.

7 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Madcow(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
Everyone celebrating this savage killing is propably gay and in denial

When people are faced with situations in life that cause anxiety, they often react to them with certain subconscious defense mechanisms. These psychoanalytical mechanisms include familiar tactics such as memory repression, denial and regression. But the one I find most intriguing in this case is called reaction formation.

Reaction formation is defined as a psychological defense mechanism by which a repressed impulse is expressed in an opposite or contrasting behavior. In other words, if something in your life is making you feel anxious, you may react to that thing excessively harshly in order to deal with that internal anxiety.

In terms of the anti-gay movement, this means that if a person has homosexual feelings within his or her self, which they haven’t accepted, he or she will cope with the anxiety by excessively acting out against homosexuality. This mechanism has made itself known time and time again within the anti-gay realm. Several outspoken anti-gay politicians, religious figures and counselors have either been found to exhibit homosexual tendencies or have actually come out themselves.

One prominent example is of U.S. Sen. Larry Craig. Craig’s a vehemently anti-gay politician who voted in favor of many discriminatory laws, which actually made society more dangerous for LGBT individuals, such as laws that disallow penalties for hate crimes against them. In 2007, Craig was arrested for engaging in inappropriate conduct and attempting to initiate sex with a policeman in a bathroom stall. Craig denies being gay to this day and although he pleaded guilty in court he continues to say that he regrets pleading guilty in the case.

Some more optimistic examples of former anti-gay leaders coming out include Kathryn Lehman and Ken Mehlman. Lehman, a Republican staffer who worked against legalization of same-sex marriage and actually helped to write the Defense of Marriage Act, has since come out as a lesbian and is currently a GOP lobbyist attempting to repeal that same law.

Mehlman once held the position of an operative under George W. Bush, and helped orchestrate a platform, which included strong opposition to same-sex marriage. Since then, he has come out as gay and worked to repeal the military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy He also lobbied to legalize same-sex marriage in a number of states. In an interview, Mehlman commented on coming out publicly, “A big part of one’s brain that used to worry about this issue has now been freed to worry about things that are much more productive.”

Reaction formation is a common defense mechanism within the anti-gay population and is likely to be a huge cause for the continuation of conflict regarding gay prejudice and discrimination. The reasoning behind gay prejudice is still a mystery to me, but as we progress toward a more egalitarian and just society, I will continue to attempt to shed light on the dark places that spawn the hate we see today.

Jessie Gray is a senior Advertising and Public Relations major. Reach her at opinion@dailynebraskan.com or follow her on Twitter @itsjessie.

3 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Dirkcoyt: 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
Wow! You’re happy he was killed? What was his offense? Because he was gay? Omg!

Nigerians are very ignorant and confused!

To be honest I have no problem with a gay person. Last year met a gay friend and he has been one of the sane minds have ever met and he’s lifestyle made me know they are just normal humans like us!

You lot need to change your ways! You say you fight for God but wishing him dead? Even God you defend so much doesn’t wish him dead!

2 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Amakababe(f): 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
Madcow:
Everyone celebrating this savage killing is propably gay and in denial

When people are faced with situations in life that cause anxiety, they often react to them with certain subconscious defense mechanisms. These psychoanalytical mechanisms include familiar tactics such as memory repression, denial and regression. But the one I find most intriguing in this case is called reaction formation.

Reaction formation is defined as a psychological defense mechanism by which a repressed impulse is expressed in an opposite or contrasting behavior. In other words, if something in your life is making you feel anxious, you may react to that thing excessively harshly in order to deal with that internal anxiety.

In terms of the anti-gay movement, this means that if a person has homosexual feelings within his or her self, which they haven’t accepted, he or she will cope with the anxiety by excessively acting out against homosexuality. This mechanism has made itself known time and time again within the anti-gay realm. Several outspoken anti-gay politicians, religious figures and counselors have either been found to exhibit homosexual tendencies or have actually come out themselves.

One prominent example is of U.S. Sen. Larry Craig. Craig’s a vehemently anti-gay politician who voted in favor of many discriminatory laws, which actually made society more dangerous for LGBT individuals, such as laws that disallow penalties for hate crimes against them. In 2007, Craig was arrested for engaging in inappropriate conduct and attempting to initiate sex with a policeman in a bathroom stall. Craig denies being gay to this day and although he pleaded guilty in court he continues to say that he regrets pleading guilty in the case.

Some more optimistic examples of former anti-gay leaders coming out include Kathryn Lehman and Ken Mehlman. Lehman, a Republican staffer who worked against legalization of same-sex marriage and actually helped to write the Defense of Marriage Act, has since come out as a lesbian and is currently a GOP lobbyist attempting to repeal that same law.

Mehlman once held the position of an operative under George W. Bush, and helped orchestrate a platform, which included strong opposition to same-sex marriage. Since then, he has come out as gay and worked to repeal the military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy He also lobbied to legalize same-sex marriage in a number of states. In an interview, Mehlman commented on coming out publicly, “A big part of one’s brain that used to worry about this issue has now been freed to worry about things that are much more productive.”

Reaction formation is a common defense mechanism within the anti-gay population and is likely to be a huge cause for the continuation of conflict regarding gay prejudice and discrimination. The reasoning behind gay prejudice is still a mystery to me, but as we progress toward a more egalitarian and just society, I will continue to attempt to shed light on the dark places that spawn the hate we see today.

Jessie Gray is a senior Advertising and Public Relations major. Reach her at opinion@dailynebraskan.com or follow her on Twitter @itsjessie.
shutup bastard homo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by willyo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2019
Lights off
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
Rextizzle:
Disgusting pictures! Let him rot in hell

So in your hierarchy of sins, murder and hate rank below sodomy?
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Seandisputed(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
EVarn:
Nigerians are sick. Someone was killed, and the only thing I am seeing is ignorant people trolling and hurling insults at the victim. How backwards can things get?.

Anyway, RIP to the sweet boy, I don't know him but it's the right thing to do.
Why waste someone so pretty? embarassed

Ain't in support of his killing

but....

You gay man.

5 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by EVarn(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2019
Seandisputed:

Ain't in support of his killing

but....

You gay man.
and how does it affect you?
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Tapout(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
Rip man...

But this guy get mind sha.. With all the latino babes wey fine like kilode, he say na gay he wan be sad finally one man's food is another man's poison.
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Seandisputed(m): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
EVarn:
and how does it affect you?

In no fuckiing way man...

In no fuckiing way..

but don't hit on a straight nigga or the doc will have a hard time removing pieces of a broken bottle from ya ass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by ogongogames(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2019
Nigerians are truly an interesting set of people. In threads regarding the flaunting of "clearly" illegal wealth etc. I read comments of people hailing these individuals, "Baba God pick my call", "Na sharp guy him be". Here, we have someone who has been killed for being gay and people think he deserves it? Even if you find his lifestyle disgusting, do you think such comments are justified? For the Christians among you, do you think this is how Jesus would have behaved. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by charliejose: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
Amakababe:
shutup bastard homo
Are you sure you're a lady like this? your hatred and bitterness is overwhelming.

1 Like

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Blacche(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
What is bad is bad, murder is bad two wrongs don't make a right .I don't support the LGBT community, but this ain't it. What happened to humanity

2 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Madcow(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2019
Amakababe:
shutup bastard homo

It's obvious you are an unintelligent homosexual in denial... you disgust me because you lost not only your intelligence but your humanity... I feel for your parents/people who invested in you
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by stagger: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2019
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Look at all the bums, coke bottles and boobies around us, and some crazed men will prefer the nyash hole of their fellow men?

I cannot fathom it!

4 Likes

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by ikcid: 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
Such a beautiful soul... may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Amakababe(f): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
Madcow:

It's obvious you are an unintelligent homosexual in denial... you disgust me because you lost not only your intelligence but your humanity... I feel for your parents/people who invested in you
dont feel for my parents. Feel for yours and have sympathy on them when fùcking a fellow mans butt. People like u live in denial off nairaland and come here to accuse everyone against ur perverted lifestyle as a closet case.

Since you're a proud homo, go tell ur parents.

Ome ale jati

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2019
Can people just be gay without conforming to the social female construct......cos all they do is confirm how straight people think about them...

You say u are man attracted to another man..but yet u still have to behave, dress like a woman, ain't u just unconciously confirming that relationships should originally be about men and women...??

."confused "

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Clentuzbaba(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2019
God bless d shooter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin Fret, Gay Shot Dead In Puerto Rico by Madcow(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2019
Amakababe:
dont feel for my parents. Feel for yours and have sympathy on them when fùcking a fellow mans butt. People like u live in denial off nairaland and come here to accuse everyone against ur perverted lifestyle as a closet case.

Since you're a proud homo, go tell ur parents.

Ome ale jati

You are an ignorant fool.... shame on you and your parents... maybe if your dad was gay this disaster of your birth would have been averted. Empty gay slowpoke in denial!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rudeboy Performs In Mauritius As He Excites The Crowd / Checkout These Photo Of Basketmouth's Daughter / Desmond Elliot Provides Homeless Woman With An Apartment (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.