Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

National Client Interview Competition Report - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Client Interview Competition Report (282 Views)

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Mathematics Competition (2022) / “Our Client Wanted To Say Pupsy"– Lawyer Writes To Federal Polytechnic Nekede / OAU Law Students Defy Odds To Win On Debut At Indian Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National Client Interview Competition Report by Olokson(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
*NCICSC : DANFODIYO VARSITY EMERGES SECOND AS NASARAWA UNIVERSITY PROCEEDS TO DUBLIN*

Olokooba Abduwasiu reports

Nasarawa State University has emerged winner at the just concluded 14th edition of the annual national competition of client interview and counselling skills competition 2019.
A competition which hosted by Usmanu Danfodiyo Student Caliphate Law Clinic of the school Faculty, Usmanu Danfodiyo university, Sokoto held at the Sultan Maccido institute of Islamic and general studies, Kalambaina, Sokoto.

The NEWSDIGEST gathered that the two-days competition
under the platform of Network Nigeria Legal Aid Institution sponsored by Open Society Initiative had in attendance fourteen school participants from across the six geopolitical zone of Nigeria. The participant schools are : Nasarawa state
University,Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, University of Abuja, Ahmadu Bello
University Zaria, University of Nsukka, American
University of Nigeria Yola, University of Lagos, Kogi
State University, Eboyin State University , Bayero
state university Kano, University of Maiduguri,
university of Ilorin , University of Benin and Nigeria Police Academy from Kano.

The first and semi - finals round of the competition had eight and three schools eliminated respectively while Nasarawa State University emerged the overall winner with lesser mistakes observed, amongst Usmanu Danfodiyo University,Sokoto and University of Abuja as finalists.

Speaking with our correspondent, Lukman Ayinla ; an associate Professor of Law from International and Jurisprudence Department, University of Ilorin , also a member of the codinating team explained the aims for setting up the competition as a way of strengthening the spirit of professionalism in the noble profession of law.

He said : "Honestly, apart from looking for a winner that will represent Nigeria at the International Kevel in Dublin, Northern Ireland UK on 10th of April, 2019; we also aim at improving and inculcating the sprit of professionalism to the students. At the end, most of them will be trained on some vital ethics of legal practices in Nigeria"

While responding to questions on transparency of the panel of judges, Ibrahim Shatabaya ; a lecturer from the department of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto explained that the judges were not only limited to lawyers and legal practitioners, noting that, the brilliant method adopted by the organizer made the competition one of the best competitions in Nigeria.

"I applaud the organizer for the brilliant method they adopted. As one among the panel of judges invited, I can say that any judgment given by the panel in this competition is given without any favoritism. I personally found it not possible to even know the name of schools I examined because they were identified by their groups not by the names of their schools" – clarified, Ibrahim

Paul Ebueka, one of the representatives of the overall winner (Nasarawa State University) while speaking after competition, expressed his gratitude to God and to all his teammates for their brilliant efforts showcased throughout the competition towards representing Nigeria at the International level in Dublin, Northern Ireland, on 10th of April 2019.

"Firstly, I glorify the Almighty for this victory. I thank him for his infinite mercy. Also, I commend the priceless efforts and support showcased by my team in this competition" expressed, Paul.

He, however, promised with optimism that they are proceeding to Dublin for the trophy as a good representative for the nation at large.

He added : "Now, we have done with the national task. I am very sure by the grace of God that we are going to Northern Ireland for the trophy".

(1) (Reply)

Kaolin Deposit / EDUCATE ME / Tutors Needed Around Benjamin Area Eleyele Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.