Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike (2014 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by joejacobs10(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has reacted to the alleged plan by some public institutions to pull out of the ongoing strike.
Some public universities are on the verge of boycotting the over 8 weeks’ strike, and have threatened to return their students to classrooms.

But speaking in an interview with journalists in Lagos, the National President of the Union, Prof. Biotin Ogunyemi, accused the Federal Government of making moves to break its ranks.
According to him, “We know that there are some moves by government agents at federal and state levels to break our ranks.
“But our members are getting back to us and to a large extent now, our members are resolute.
“Yes, there are some overzealous chancellors and administrators in one or two universities who are trying to brake these ranks.
“However, on the scale of balance, they are not having their ways.
“Our union shall handle that.”
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by adinoyi360: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
Make unijos comot from ASUU abeg..i am tired of 200 level

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by adinoyi360: 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
I want ASUU to get something meaningful from this strike,they should also know to settle for what they can get for now.
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by Johnjanrt: 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
this is getting serious already. as it stands there's no hope of any agreement.
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
it is so unfortunate that our leaders don't have any iota of regards for education. if this nation is to move forward, we must rely on our education, if not the doom that is happen to this nation is beyond repair
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
adinoyi360:
unijos of all school, that school like ASUU die

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by victoronyekwelu(m): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
without the strike you guys are still backward we (national film institute) that's under you guys done go far away
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
This is getting interesting.
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by anitasoll(f): 1:00am On Jan 14, 2019
It's a pity what students have to suffer for trying to get some education.

Do you know you can learn a skill and make money working online with your smartphone or laptop?

Some online business ideas include; social media marketing (facebook, instagram, etc), social media management, blogging, freelancing, influencer marketing, video marketing, etc. There's so much you can do online to earn a full time income. At least you can keep yourself busy while making money. smiley

Send me a message if you want to learn more or follow me on instagram @anitasolonline

adinoyi360:
Re: ASUU: Union Speaks On Some Public Universities Attempting To Call Off Strike by anitasoll(f): 1:01am On Jan 14, 2019
It is sad indeed! We have to rely on ourselves for everything else, and now we have to educate ourselves too.

Start your own business working online from home.

You can learn a skill and you don't even have to leave your house. Work online from home doing what you already know how to do.

Some business ideas include; social media marketing (facebook, instagram, etc), social media management, blogging, freelancing, influencer marketing, video marketing, etc. There's so much you can do online to earn a full time income. At least you can keep yourself busy while making money. smiley

Send me a message if you want to learn more or follow me on instagram @anitasolonline

Oma307:
it is so unfortunate that our leaders don't have any iota of regards for education. if this nation is to move forward, we must rely on our education, if not the doom that is happen to this nation is beyond repair

(1) (Reply)

Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest / A Little Bit Of This On Your Body Will Make You Dance Well On A Dance Floor. / Fupre Not Doing Engnr Courses This Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.