Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (33551 Views)

ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Johnnyessence(m): 5:45am On Sep 30, 2018
ASUU rejects N500k school fee proposal for public universities

Akinbayo Wahab | 10:33 | 29.09.2018

The FG negotiator has proposed that tuition fee in public universities be increased to N500,000 for undergraduates in sciences.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities has reportedly rejected the proposed increment of school fees in Public universities by Dr Wale Babalakin, the negotiator between ASUU and Federal Government.

Babalakin reportedly proposed that public universities tuition fee be increased to N350,000 for undergraduate students of Arts and Humanities and 500,000 for those in Sciences.

Addressing Journalists in Jos, Prof. Lawan Abubakar, the Bauchi Zonal Coordinator said the union has rejected the proposal by the Federal Government negotiator to increase tuition fee.

Abubakar said, “One of the major issues our union wishes to bring to public domain is the wild idea of sharing the cost of education between the government and parents proposed by Dr Wale Babalakin. This idea of sharing the cost of education since government alone cannot fund education, and that parents need to pay for it too.
“He proposed a minimum of N350, 000 as tuition fee for undergraduate students of Arts and Humanities, and N500,000, for those in Sciences.

“Our union rejected the proposal based on the fact that the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria clearly states that funding education is the sole responsibility of Governments at various levels and not parents”.
ASUU also rejects Education Bank for Nigerian students

The union also reportedly rejected the idea of Education Bank for undergraduates. The negotiating team were said to have also proposed a loan of N1 million for undergraduates, every session to pay the tuition fee and sustain themselves.

Abubakar said, '' our union also rejected the idea of Education Bank, because for one, not all the students will have access to loan, and for those who will access the loan, it is the same parents who served as sureties and subsequently pay back the loan, considering the very high rate of unemployment in the country.

“Supposing that the student is able to secure a job after graduation, he cannot start a life while paying back a loan of 4 to 6 million Naira, as the case may be.
“In this kind of situation, the graduate would be subjected to, when will he finish paying the loan and establish himself?

“Frustration will gradually set in and make them live a life of misery”

https://www.pulse.ng/communities/student/ASUU-rejects-n500k-school-fee-proposal-for-public-universities-id8917028.html

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Johnnyessence(m): 5:47am On Sep 30, 2018
It's a disaster electing buhari into governance in 2015. now the fg are embarking on the journey to increase the tuition fee of public universities. no hope for the poor breeds in this nation. so so pathetic.

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:49am On Sep 30, 2018
grin may devil punish Muhammadu buhari grin

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by gaby(m): 5:53am On Sep 30, 2018
Where are the Technical and vocational schools of our days?

In fact, I no know wet in to talk abeg.

Na so everybody carry certificate wey dem no even dey fit defend up and down with no jobs in sight.

Difference no even dey between me wey no be graduate and most of them wey be graduates sef...

If person put 500k for business for 5 years, who go school go come out come write am say "Dear Sir" I wan work for you...

Isn't this shit too glaring for an irony??

Enjoy my siggy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by lalanice(f): 6:20am On Sep 30, 2018
Tchwww school that does not guarantee success angry angry

Waste of time and money.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by inoki247: 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
500k ko. when my kid finish secondary school I will take him or her to Learn a skill acquisition like Tailor, Mechanic, Barber etc. and be giving him or her 500k every year for 4 years with that my kid will be having a 5star workshop instead of wasting my money on the school dat my kid will finish and can't invent ordinary toothpick or Pencil

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by amamahdaniel(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
I am not against hiking the fees. I cant pay 500k for a 5k product. With the useless obsolete and worthless syllabus Niggerians shouldnt pay a dime as tuition fees. In fact some compensation should be paid for anyone who went through the shithole system.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by IsaAbubakar: 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
It's a disaster electing buhari into governance in 2015. now the fg are embarking on the journey to increase the tuition fee of public universities. no hope for the poor breeds in this nation. so so pathetic.
Buhari is the economic and social bokoharam
aside being a bloody criminal terrorist that kills Middle belt for fun

Thunder scatter Buhari's supporters masha Allah amin

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
...Buhari...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by IbrahimDamola: 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
Na poverty striken abooki and yoruba muslims go suffer am pass.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 30, 2018
I think ASUU is wrong

Am with govt in this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by youngds: 7:14am On Sep 30, 2018
Waoh for foreign candidate or citizen? cheesy Why not go overseas instead, most school in state for 4year course go for 3 to 4M

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:
I think ASUU is wrong

Am with govt in this.

I'm...

59 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
FG that do not know the pains of poor Nigerians training their children in universities.
A country where minimum wage is N18000 and over 80% of the populace are poor

Nonsense and NEPA Bill Certificate.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by LUGBE: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
How much is minimum wage, useless govt

14 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Hafeexla(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Mtcheww the mod pushing topic to front page self!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Enjoy the change grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by olusola200: 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Fake news
Not even 50k

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Samsimple(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2018
a
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by omoadeleye(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2018
Let's kuku stop going school after school self what is left is nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Tomjazzy2: 7:17am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:
I think ASUU is wrong

Am with govt in this.

Please kindly indulge me on why you’d support this?

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

I'm...
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2018
Good
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Iamzik: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2018
“The forest is shrinking but the trees keep voting for the axe because it’s handle is made of wood and they think it is one of them” - Anonymous

By the time APC is done with Nigerian all sai barbarians will have a lifelong regret

33 Likes 4 Shares

Juliusmalema:
I think ASUU is wrong

Am with govt in this.

Nwoke Omanbala, how many parents can afford N500k per child
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by 9jayes: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2018
I no kuku go sch
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by aguiyi2: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2018
Did You say Wale Babalakin suggested #500,000 tuition fees?.Is he living in Mars or just wish to wipe off the poor and middle class from our dictionary?.Tomorrow he will want to stand for election and some will vote for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Shugavee(f): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
ASUU rejects N500k school fee proposal for public universities

Akinbayo Wahab | 10:33 | 29.09.2018

The FG negotiator has proposed that tuition fee in public universities be increased to N500,000 for undergraduates in sciences.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities has reportedly rejected the proposed increment of school fees in Public universities by Dr Wale Babalakin, the negotiator between ASUU and Federal Government.

Babalakin reportedly proposed that public universities tuition fee be increased to N350,000 for undergraduate students of Arts and Humanities and 500,000 for those in Sciences.

Addressing Journalists in Jos, Prof. Lawan Abubakar, the Bauchi Zonal Coordinator said the union has rejected the proposal by the Federal Government negotiator to increase tuition fee.

Abubakar said, “One of the major issues our union wishes to bring to public domain is the wild idea of sharing the cost of education between the government and parents proposed by Dr Wale Babalakin. This idea of sharing the cost of education since government alone cannot fund education, and that parents need to pay for it too.
“He proposed a minimum of N350, 000 as tuition fee for undergraduate students of Arts and Humanities, and N500,000, for those in Sciences.

“Our union rejected the proposal based on the fact that the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria clearly states that funding education is the sole responsibility of Governments at various levels and not parents”.
ASUU also rejects Education Bank for Nigerian students

The union also reportedly rejected the idea of Education Bank for undergraduates. The negotiating team were said to have also proposed a loan of N1 million for undergraduates, every session to pay the tuition fee and sustain themselves.

Abubakar said, '' our union also rejected the idea of Education Bank, because for one, not all the students will have access to loan, and for those who will access the loan, it is the same parents who served as sureties and subsequently pay back the loan, considering the very high rate of unemployment in the country.

“Supposing that the student is able to secure a job after graduation, he cannot start a life while paying back a loan of 4 to 6 million Naira, as the case may be.
“In this kind of situation, the graduate would be subjected to, when will he finish paying the loan and establish himself?

“Frustration will gradually set in and make them live a life of misery”

https://www.pulse.ng/communities/student/ASUU-rejects-n500k-school-fee-proposal-for-public-universities-id8917028.html
and some buharians will still support this.. buhari is the worst,, tufia

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by OLamylove: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2018
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Samsimple(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2018
imagine, this foolish fools planing evil against their fellow countrymen(parents).. when education was cheaper in the 1960s one foolish useless boneless spineless brainless man from daura couldn't get a certificate..

25 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Covenant University Student Expelled For Drug Use Disrupt Chapel Service / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt / OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.