Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike (21814 Views)

A Final-year Medical Student Who Turned Food Vendor During ASUU Strike Is Dead / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi, On Vacation In The United States During ASUU Strike / Sharing The Sex Tape Of Chrisland Schools Student Can Land You In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by YossyInfo(f): 2:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
There is no doubt, the ongoing strike, championed by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, is a sad tale as this could cause major disruptions in the school calendar. But YossyInfo is here to give you things students can do during the ASUU strike that will help you benefit from your stay away from school.

Start a business
As an undergraduate, this is the best time to start a small business. Launch out that business idea you have been nursing. You are not too young to be an entrepreneur, use this period at home to start a small business. The good thing is that you do not necessarily need a large capital to get started. You can also use social media as a tool to leverage your business.

Learn a new skill
There is no better time to learn a skill than now. It could be photography, jewelry making, baking, producing music, writing etc
Be determined to learn and be good at it, it will give you an edge and provide opportunities for a side hustle, it will help build your self confidence and give you value for time invested.
After learning, don't hesitate to put the skill into practise even when school resume again. This will enhance the skill and make you perfect in it.

Get a job
While at home, you can as well make money. Get a job as an intern or assistant in an office or company preferably close to you, so you won't spent too much on transport fares.
You can get a job as an apprentice at a creative studio or salon, you may also decide to go for something freelance like writing or blogging.
The money made may not be much but it may be enough to take care of some needs. Working is fun and educational.

Volunteer
There is a measure and sense of accomplishment that come with service to humanity. It exposes one to great opportunities like traning, travel etc
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the society. You can volunteer for, NGOs to better the society or a number of empowerment programs tailored for young people where certain skills you possess may be needed.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by slawomir: 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
Isoright

My own advice to students is get ready and be prepared to resume school
There is never a time government will give ASUU full compliance to their demand and ASUU knows that

Even last week so many lecturers in uniben are already in school

So get ready

12 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
5. Get my neighbour's housemaid pregnant. tongue

PS - na joke ooo, better go and read your books with your 0.75 CGPA angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
Evangelism!!

Jesus Saves! AMEN...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Adesouth(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
what of flex na

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Emmzy201(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
And f*cking at any chance you get is also one of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by KingLennon(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
You can also choose to partner with Bet9ja Ministry grin.

We are killing spurs today...#GGMU

12 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
Number 5 thing to keep yourself busy per time olosho pending when ASUU calls of strike

Very lucrative idea � cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Kunkiddo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Bloggingscope: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Play bet and nack

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by amalab30(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Some students got a small job during the strike. They don't want it to end.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by jbreezy: 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Or learn yahoo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Bmaster(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Guys, i wan 2 start a betking shop , buh i dnt knw hw to go abt it. someone help me please.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Dididrumz(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Learn to trade forex..... Its not as hard as you think.... I will teach you for free. 08120606384 WhatsApp and Telegram.

Or check my signature

Even when school resumes, you could easily be earning $30 - $50 weekly.... The choice is up to you

4 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by millionboi2: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Heeeee

5 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by popweezy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
MY CANDID ADVICE TO LADIES======DON'T GET PREGNANT...

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Benzinoooo: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
Easier said...OP wake up 2 reality
5) Prepare your mind not 2 vote for Buhari in FeBUHARI
YossyInfo:
There is no doubt, the ongoing strike, championed by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, is a sad tale as this could cause major disruptions in the school calendar. But YossyInfo is here to give you things students can do during the ASUU strike that will help you benefit from your stay away from school.

Start a business
As an undergraduate, this is the best time to start a small business. Launch out that business idea you have been nursing. You are not too young to be an entrepreneur, use this period at home to start a small business. The good thing is that you do not necessarily need a large capital to get started. You can also use social media as a tool to leverage your business.

Learn a new skill
There is no better time to learn a skill than now. It could be photography, jewelry making, baking, producing music, writing etc
Be determined to learn and be good at it, it will give you an edge and provide opportunities for a side hustle, it will help build your self confidence and give you value for time invested.
After learning, don't hesitate to put the skill into practise even when school resume again. This will enhance the skill and make you perfect in it.

Get a job
While at home, you can as well make money. Get a job as an intern or assistant in an office or company preferably close to you, so you won't spent too much on transport fares.
You can get a job as an apprentice at a creative studio or salon, you may also decide to go for something freelance like writing or blogging.
The money made may not be much but it may be enough to take care of some needs. Working is fun and educational.

Volunteer
There is a measure and sense of accomplishment that come with service to humanity. It exposes one to great opportunities like traning, travel etc
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the society. You can volunteer for, NGOs to better the society or a number of empowerment programs tailored for young people where certain skills you possess may be needed.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by sparog(m): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by habeeb500(m): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
bet9ja grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by calcal: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
this is crazy for the parents now.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Ttipsy(f): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
nawa o

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Ayoswit(f): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
K

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by habeeb500(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
Bmaster:
Guys, i wan 2 start a betking shop , buh i dnt knw hw to go abt it.
someone help me please.
why don't you go to any of there branch locate at your side

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by MrTrend(m): 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks OP!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by FredAndrew: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
Yee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Felixalex(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by sammieddi(m): 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by Professorcplus(m): 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
Dididrumz:
Learn to trade forex..... Its not as hard as you think.... I will teach you for free. 08120606384 WhatsApp and Telegram.

Or check my signature

Even when school resumes, you could easily be earning $30 - $50 weekly.... The choice is up to you

Can you share your testimony to encourage why I should.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike by paulo294: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
great ideas !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) / Apply For DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Scholarship, Germany Fully-funded / Federal Universities In Nigeria Remain Tuition-Free - Dele Alake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.