Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,429 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician (2122 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Malaria Vaccine Conspiracy Theories By BBC / Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video) / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

He's really not far from u. In about a few years, say roughly 100 years from now.....that's just roughly 2.5hrs to him.....u will have the chance to tender than apologies urself.....

U bragging and insultive rights is because u still have air in ur lungs....I'm sure by then ur science god won't have the answers as to why we all have to to be here for a short time..
Actually, even your God can't answer that question.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Actually, even your God can't answer that question.

U see what I mean??.....
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U see what I mean??.....
I can see that you are ready to die for your God who lives forever.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
HellVictorinho:

I can see that you are ready to die for your God who lives forever.

Seriously I understand ur frustration....but not to worry time will soon come and free you from it all......

Like the wise saying..even if the master refuses to set the slave free....death will make sure he's no slave for ever
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Seriously I understand ur frustration....but not to worry time will soon come and free you from it all......

Like the wise saying..even if the master refuses to set the slave free....death will make sure he's no slave for ever
Your master is insane,period.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Martinez19(m): 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
God is not a magician but he did the following :

*) separating the red sea.
*) making an axe head float.
*) multiplying bread and fish.
*) turning water into wine.
*) resurrecting the dead.
*) healing deaf, dumb, blind, infirmed and crippled.
*) walking on water.
*) turning a stick into a snake.
*) setting a bush on fire without burning it.
*) reigning fire from heaven.

1 Share

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
1StopRudeness:

What don't I understand...??
People like u only want people to see thing from their perspective only.....
U see the problem with scientist-atheist is that they ignore every other fact/evidence except facts driven from science....it's not that they aren't there. They just choose not to acknowledge it because it isn't based on laid down rules of science..and sadly science is just a creation of man....it isn't even perfect..
I don't want to see things from my own perspective, I want to see it from the factual and testable perspective. I try to kill my perspective if it's wrong and then look for facts irrespective of what I believed in

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by budaatum: 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
Aaronsrod:
This lying Pope must be humbled.

He is a servant of Satan!

The time has surely come for him to meet his Master!!

You boko haram!
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Ubenedictus(m): 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
budaatum:

Here's it is complete. Please edit your op so it's included. Ta!
How does that dispute intelligent design, infact he implied intelligent design that a creator was behind it all.
I dont know if the writer is ignorant or malicious but many catholics do hold both the big bang, theistic evolution and naturally intelligent design. The church has long ruled that neither the bang nor evolution disputes christian theology rightly understood.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by budaatum: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ubenedictus:
How does that dispute intelligent design, infact he implied intelligent design that a creator was behind it all.
I dont know if the writer is ignorant or malicious but many catholics do hold both the big bang, theistic evolution and naturally intelligent design. The church has long ruled that neither the bang nor evolution disputes christian theology rightly understood.
There are very many out there who rule that the bang and evolution disputes Christian theology rightly understood. And i never said it disputed intelligent design.

The Pope did indeed imply an intelligent designer. It is still a huge step forward all the same, theistically speaking, and the Pope spoke to all. Or at least, everybody heard it.

1 Like

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Ubenedictus(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2019
budaatum:

There are very many out there who rule that the bang and evolution disputes Christian theology rightly understood. And i never said it disputed intelligent design.

The Pope did indeed imply an intelligent designer. It is still a huge step forward all the same, theistically speaking, and the Pope spoke to all. Or at least, everybody heard it.
It may be a big step for protestants but not for catholics.

Pope paul vi i believe okayed the big bang from the begining, in fact the theory was developed by a catholic priest, it was received favourably in catholic theology and both pope john paul ii and benedict xvi said similar things about it. million of catholics hold to both the bang, evolution and intelligent design with the approval of the church.

This isnt new in any sense, certainly not for catholics.

unfortunately the article you quoted seem to think that is anti intelligent design.

2 Likes

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by vaxx: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2019
Ubenedictus:
It may be a big step for protestants but not for catholics.

Pope paul vi i believe okayed the big bang from the begining, [b]in fact the theory was developed by a catholic priest, i[/b]t was received favourably in catholic theology and both pope john paul ii and benedict xvi said similar things about it. million of catholics hold to both the bang, evolution and intelligent design with the approval of the church.

This isnt new in any sense, certainly not for catholics.

unfortunately the article you quoted seem to think that is anti intelligent design.
Not true, A Russian mathematician Friedmann should desrve the credit. He was the one who took Einstein’s general relativity and determined there were multiple solutions for relativity and that they included an expanding universe..

Einestein recognised him but his works was not widely recognized due to Russia civil war and sudden death.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Ubenedictus(m): 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
vaxx:
Not true, A Russian mathematician Friedmann should desrve the credit. He was the one who took Einstein’s general relativity and determined there were multiple solutions for relativity and that they included an expanding universe..

Einestein recognised him but his works was not widely recognized due to Russia civil war and sudden death.
Go back and read up on rev Georges Lamaitre. He proposed the big bang theory, HE called it 'hypothesis of the primival atom'. friedmann worked in that area of science and came to many of the conclusions of georges but he DID NOT propose any theory. they worked independent of each other.

1 Like

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by budaatum: 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
Alexander Alexandrovich Friedmann (also spelled Friedman or Fridman /ˈfriːdmən/; Russian: Алекса́ндр Алекса́ндрович Фри́дман) (June 16 [O.S. 4], 1888 – September 16, 1925) was a Russian and Soviet physicist and mathematician. He is best known for his pioneering theory that the universe was expanding, governed by a set of equations he developed now known as the Friedmann equations.

[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre?wprov=sfla1]Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître[/url], RAS Associate (French: [ʒɔʁʒᵊ ləmɛ:tʁᵊ]; 17 July 1894 – 20 June 1966) was a Belgian Roman Catholic priest, mathematician, astronomer, and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain. He proposed on theoretical grounds that the universe is expanding, which was observationally confirmed soon afterwards by Edwin Hubble. He was the first to derive what is now known as Hubble's law, or the Hubble-Lemaître law, and made the first estimation of what is now called the Hubble constant, which he published in 1927, two years before Hubble's article. Lemaître also proposed what became known as the "Big Bang theory" of the creation of the universe, originally calling it the "hypothesis of the primeval atom".
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by vaxx: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Go back and read up on rev Georges Lamaitre. He proposed the big bang theory, HE called it 'hypothesis of the primival atom'. friedmann worked in that area of science and came to many of the conclusions of georges but he DID NOT propose any theory. they worked independent of each other.
Friedmann had already modeled such a universe mathematically in 1922 (of which Lamaitre was unaware) and Einstein was well aware of his equations, but they both failed to give them any physical relevance, they just thought about them as mathematically consistent solutions to General Relativity. .
It is Friedmann who came up with the mathematics model , it is Hubble who did the measurements. And priest Lemaître who put the two together while Fred Hoyle came up with the name of the theory.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by Ubenedictus(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2019
vaxx:
Friedmann had already modeled such a universe mathematically in 1922 (of which Lamaitre was unaware) and Einstein was well aware of his equations, but they both failed to give them any physical relevance, they just thought about them as mathematically consistent solutions to General Relativity. .
It is Friedmann who came up with the mathematics model , it is Hubble who did the measurements. And priest Lemaître who put the two together. .Fred Hoyle came up with the name of the theory.

Friedmann was the first to come up the the mathematical model for an expanding universe, lamaitre found the same mathematical model independently, lamaitre was also the first to discover what we nnw call hubbles law and he first estimated the lamaitre-hubbles constant.

lamaitre DID NOT PUT THE TWO TOGETHER, he was totally independemt of friedmann which means he came to those conclusions on own, lamaitre also discovered the hubbles law and estimated the constant before hubble
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by PrincewithGod(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hebrews 11 vs 3: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Sometimes I wonder if catholics and their pope read the Bible at all.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by ponziponzi(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
PrincewithGod:
Hebrews 11 vs 3: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Sometimes I wonder if catholics and their pope read the Bible at all.

And why should anyone care what the Bible and other book say?
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by PrincewithGod(m): 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
ponziponzi:

And why should anyone care what the Bible and other book say?
Be careful so as not to blasphame against the Holy Spirit.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by ponziponzi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
PrincewithGod:

Blaspheme? How did we get there? I only ask why we should care what the Bible or any other book says. Again, why should anyone care what the Bible or any book for that matter say?

1 Like

Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by GoodBadandUgly(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
PrincewithGod:

There is no such thing as blasphemy, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is open to discussion and ridicule.
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by PrincewithGod(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

There is no such thing as blasphemy, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is open to discussion and ridicule.
What a pity!
Re: Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician by GoodBadandUgly(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
PrincewithGod:

What a pity!

Pity is thinking there are specific things you cant say or think..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newsfather Mbaka Makes Shocking Revelation About Former President Goodluck Jonat / See What Happened To Egbin Orun Some Years After Converted To Christianity / Obadiah777 And The Seventeen Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.