Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Should I Reject Andela's Offer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should I Reject Andela's Offer? (2551 Views)

So What Happened To Andela In Nigeria? / Andela Learnig Community Thread / Join The Andela Learning Community; Powered By Microsoft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 9:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hello house, I'm sure we have heard of Andela. well I'm in a dilemma. I'm basically a junior developer with a month of actual work experience. My question is, is it wise for me to reject Andela? I'm concerned about the two year bond. I feel if I get six months of experience in my current job, I could match Andela's D1 salary. The main attraction for me for working with Andela is the international exposure. Please help.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by wayisshut: 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Andela Faithfuls lets help a nairalander in this dilemma. I will give you my opinion
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
wayisshut:
Andela Faithfuls lets help a nairalander in this dilemma. I will give you my opinion
ok, I'm expectant.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by stanliwise(m): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
make I book space.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by Bizmagnet: 7:26am On Jan 15, 2019
ispoa:
Hello house, I'm sure we have heard of Andela. well I'm in a dilemma. I'm basically a junior developer with a month of actual work experience. My question is, is it wise for me to reject Andela? I'm concerned about the two year bond. I feel if I get six months of experience in my current job, I could match Andela's D1 salary. The main attraction for me for working with Andela is the international exposure. Please help.
The international exposure, the opportunity ahead and the flexibility of work are what Andela offers.

1 Like

Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2019
Bizmagnet:

The international exposure, the opportunity ahead and the flexibility of work are what Andela offers.
Do you care to explain what you mean by flexibility of work. I don't think you're allowed to work remotely till D2 or so. As for the opportunity ahead I feel it's the same as having two years work experience anyway, coupled with a good net
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2019
Bizmagnet:

Do you care to explain what you mean by flexibility of work. I don't think you're allowed to work remotely till D2 or so. As for the opportunity ahead I feel it's the same as having two years work experience anyway, coupled with a good network
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by Bizmagnet: 8:03am On Jan 15, 2019
ispoa:

Do you care to explain what you mean by flexibility of work. I don't think you're allowed to work remotely till D2 or so. As for the opportunity ahead I feel it's the same as having two years work experience anyway, coupled with a good network
Well, I may not be right as I havn't worked with them before. All I said is what I heard. I was told told you can work remotely for like 2 days a week. Maybe this only applies to Andela Fellows.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
Bizmagnet:

Well, I may not be right as I havn't worked with them before. All I said is what I heard. I was told told you can work remotely for like 2 days a week. Maybe this only applies to Andela Fellows.
interesting. this is perhaps from D2.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
How does one apply to be a developer at andela?
Experienced peepz should help me on this please
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by makavele: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2019
I guess you just apply and wait for them
to make the decision!
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by benfluleck: 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
ispoa:

Hi I am D2 and work with Andela. My reply to you would be depending on your motivations.

I feel if I get six months of experience in my current job, I could match Andela's D1 salary.

This might be true but fortunately, I would expect a D1 from Andela to blow a lot of developers with even more experience away every time. If you embody the EPIC values then you should join because you will be definitely equipped with the tools to make you world class. However, if all you seek is international exposure then you might be better of elsewhere
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 9:17am On Jan 27, 2019
Thank you benfluleck for your honest reply.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by benfluleck: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
ispoa:

I don't think you're allowed to work remotely till D2 or so.

Once you start working with a partner, you are encouraged to do what you think is best for you. If that is staying in your house and working remotely then so be it cool
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by ispoa(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ok, I feel for posterity reasons I should update this thread with work progress.
I must say God has been good. I got a job with a startup for 70k.
Started my M.Sc degree and now make a D2 salary or more.
I must admit though, the job security Andela offers is tempting.
I feel I owe this to other people who feel they deserve more for their efforts but cannot market their skills.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by kensmoney(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
How can someone get a job as a Junior developer ? Plz share your experience
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by HankMc: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2019
Getting a 2-year bond as a junior dev is a good leverage on which you could build a career.

Get the skills and some experience first. Money comes later.

Good luck.
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
I am an andelan developer and I think I can offer some advice for other people that might want to read this thread

In term of pay, Andela is actually fairly competitive especially looking at the fact that the experience needed to join is low, you will be given a 2-course meal twice per day hence hugely reducing your expenses

The Andela culture and environment is a top notch and I'm sure it will shape you to not just a better developer but a better person
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by AroFx: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
I am an andelan developer and I think I can offer some advice for other people that might want to read this thread

In term of pay, Andela is actually fairly competitive especially looking at the fact that the experience needed to join is low, you will be given a 2-course meal twice per day hence hugely reducing your expenses

The Andela culture and environment is a top notch and I'm sure it will shape you to not just a better developer but a better person

Most someone study IT related course in school before working with andela?
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by makavele: 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nope
Re: Should I Reject Andela's Offer? by AroFx: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave / Anyone That Know Python Programming Should Help Me To Check The Eorr This / Tutorials On Database Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.