Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' (7274 Views)

University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses / Just In: Makinde Reinstates 41 LAUTECH Staff Sacked By Ajimobi / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by lijoh(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
From Thursday, 17th January, 2019, workers at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology will begin what they described as ‘3-day on, 2-day off’ strike model.

A statement signed by the secretary of the joint action council, Comrade Fajoye Hamzat, disclosed that the strike became imperative as “the management has once again started staggered payment of salaries and allowances,” adding that “You will recollect that it was this same method that brought us to the level of being owed part of 2016 and 2017 salaries.”

He added that workers in the University have resorted to “fine and decent baara* style to make ends meet.”

STATE OF AFFAIRS IN LAUTECH: JAC POSITION

It becomes imperative to inform our teeming members the state of affairs with regards to our numerous demands from the university management and the governing council.

You will all recalled that at the last JAC Congress, our agreement was to write the management informing them of our requests and expectations.

To also give them 7-day ultimatum as directed by the Congress.

The ultimatum has expired on Sunday, January 13, 2019 without any expected positive action from the management.

As was noted at the Congress, the management has once again started staggered payment of salaries and allowances. You will recollect that it was this same method that brought us to the level of being owed part of 2016 and 2017 salaries,balance of 68 hours Earned Allowances, Responsibility allowances, 90 per cent of 2012/2013 promotion arrears and arrears of promotion from 2013/2014 to date. The management jumped the payment September 2016 deductions only to pay October 2018 deductions, which was paid last week.

This arrangement is making it hard to calculate the real amount of outstanding amount of salaries and allowances.

With the present situation, many of our members are seeking solace in ‘fine and decent baara’ style to make ends meet.

Our continuous coming to work is becoming hard and harsh which is making it more harder and harrowing for a lot of us. In the technical sense, the university is gradually locking us(employees) out.

Arising from the above observations, the JAC executive council met today, Monday, January 14,2019 to evaluate the situations on the campus vis-à-vis the report of the meeting with LAUTECH Alumni and the reply of JAC letter dated January 3,2019 to the management and resolved as follows:

1. That all members of JAC comprising of SSANU,NAAT and NASU LAUTECH Branch are hereby directed to stay at home from Thursday, January 17, 2019 and to resume to JAC congress on Monday, January 21, 2019 by 8.00am at MKO LT, LAUTECH for further directive;

2. That the JAC leadership arrived at the decision above when we convinced that the payment of November and December 2018 salaries are not at sight hence our decision to relief our members from the burden of borrowing money to transport themselves to their offices and with the little one available to them will be able to sustain them to come to office for three days in a week and keep their bodies and souls; and

3. This industrial action of three days ON and two days OFF (i.e. ON on Monday to Wednesday and OFF on Thursday and Friday every week) shall be in place until we are manifestly convinced that management is ready to accede to our demands as contained in our letter dated January 3_2019.

Thank you

Aluta continua Victoria ascerta.

Dare to struggle dare to victory.

SIGNED BY;

Comrade Fajoye Hamzat

JAC secretary

For and on behalf of JAC LAUTECH

NOTE: This is to inform all our members that are biological parents to 100 level students to visit SSANU secretariat at MKO building for the registration of their children with effect from Tuesday, January 15,2019 to Thursday, January 17,2019.

Thank you

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by grandiose4ever: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2019
Oh my see what education has been reduced to.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Pidginwhisper: 10:18am On Jan 16, 2019
If you dey find school wey dey categorise strike na LAUTECH. Which kind nonsense be this grin

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by slawomir: 10:18am On Jan 16, 2019
isoright

Staggered payment of salaries?

Uniben will not try that with us and they have never done such thing

Although other allowances is not regular like over time, hazard allowances and shift allowance
But the main salary is always coming

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by vicdom(m): 10:19am On Jan 16, 2019
wink
Today is my birthday, please fellow Nairalanders, show me some love

25 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Tekecoms1(m): 10:19am On Jan 16, 2019
Striker Association Of Nigeria.
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Olamsoh: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2019
wink
Do you have an interview this week or next?

Anticipate for questions like these:

Q1. Tell me/us about yourself 'or' Who are you really?
A: In a concise, two-minute reply, introduce yourself, your education & work experience, tell them why you are fit for the job

Q2: Can you tell us one of your significant accomplishments in your profession?
A: Itemize them if you have any. Never exaggerate or falsify information.

Q3: Can you tell us one of your strong points 'or' What is your strength?
A: I believe in planning & proper mgt of my time, and yet, I can still work under pressure.

Q4: What are your weaknesses?
A: I enjoy my work and always give each project/assignment my best shot. So, when sometimes I don't feel others are pulling their weight, I find it a little frustrating... I am aware of that weakness, and in those situations I try to overcome it with a positive attitude that I hope will catch on.

Q5: Why do you want to leave your present job (if already employed)? 'or' Why do you want to work here?
A: The reason why I want to leave...my present job/work with your organization is to find a position where I can make a greater contribution as well as working with a team who will help me to develop in a professional manner.

These are just a few of them. There are still many others.
Best of luck.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2019
Wakanda style is this one again?!

Ehn Ehn......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by baliyubla: 10:20am On Jan 16, 2019
Sai Baba is working. NLC be warming up next week.
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Starboytwo(m): 10:20am On Jan 16, 2019
Nigeria need a total overhaul
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by crownwealth: 10:20am On Jan 16, 2019
APC leaders in those two states will surely be punished by the devil

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by asapnesupdatel: 10:21am On Jan 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by crownwealth: 10:21am On Jan 16, 2019
Oyo & Osun Governors very wicked criminals

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by seunlayi(m): 10:22am On Jan 16, 2019
Until when workers begin to go on strike every 2nd day of the month whenever their salaries are not paid latest on the first day of the month.
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by ElRapido: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2019
Lol.
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by computerglobal(m): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2019
grin
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by four4: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2019
The should kuku change the name to university of strike
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by famiebee(f): 10:29am On Jan 16, 2019
vicdom:
wink
Happy birthday to you
May this new year brings you joy and unlimited happiness
I celebrate you

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Sundaybukkie(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2019
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by vicdom(m): 10:39am On Jan 16, 2019
famiebee:

Happy birthday to you
May this new year brings you joy and unlimited happiness
I celebrate you
kiss thanks buddy, I appreciate...
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Tenn88: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2019
Nawa oh
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Tenn88: 10:44am On Jan 16, 2019
vicdom:
wink
happy birthday, live long and prosper
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by vicdom(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2019
Tenn88:
happy birthday, live long and prosper
kiss Thanks Sir... I appreciate

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Passionate888: 10:58am On Jan 16, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Temptee101(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2019
vicdom:
wink
Happy birthday! Keep living in good health and plenty of wealth. Enjoy your day
Re: LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2019
I am not even sure if I should quit my job this weekend and go back to school

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? / Ican Exam Study / Tutorial Centers Around Egbeda / Idimu/ Lasu / Igando Area / Lagos State University 2nd Batch Admission List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.