Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain (8851 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2010
Good DayAll,
Please can anyone tell me how to turn on my windscreen heater (mercedes 190). When it is raining i kind of ave problem seeing because of the mist. the back glass heater wrks well but the front glass doesnt clear the mist though th wiper works perfetly. Ps help.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by KunleA2(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2010
rather than use heater. use cold air and direct to the dashboard vent
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2010
Chief do u use a mercedes 190. I sem ot to know how to follow the instructions you listed. tnks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by KunleA2(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2010
Hope this illustration helps. Its rather crude but i hope you get the point.

Happy Motoring

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by BizBooks(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2010
@ Poster,

Are your defogger buttons not working? I see two defogger buttons in the picture provided by Kunle. One is for the front, the other is for the back.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by deeee: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2010
The basic reason why u have mist on your windscreen is because the temperature outside is a lot lower than u have inside or vice versa. Since you said during rain, the temp outside is definitely low. the way out is to balance the temperatures by using A/C.

When you use A/C, you adjust it such that it wont be too cold else, it could end up being cooler inside than outside and you will still end up with mist outside which will also give ur wiper some hard time.

With your A/C on and normal, you dont have any business with mist.

An example of my explanation is when you put cold water inside a glass cup, you get some condensation outside it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2010
Thanks so much for your detailed response, but my dash board is kind of different from yours, i will post the pictures very soon. God bless you. That stuff is really giving me prob.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 1:38am On Aug 14, 2010
deee, tnz so much i will follow ur instructions. God bless you.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by adanny01(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2010
Never put the heater on while its raining. If u have a/c its the best option. If u dont put your fan to max, direct the air to the defrost vent(the 1 at the back of the dash and allow fresh air i.e remove from recycle air button.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
Thanks so much guys for your report. This is my dash board. hope with it ,someone can now help me out.

Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by netotse(m): 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2010
adanny01:

Never put the heater on while its raining. If u have a/c its the best option. If u dont put your fan to max, direct the air to the defrost vent(the 1 at the back of the dash and allow fresh air i.e remove from recycle air button.

why do u use never? i use the heater(i dont have an airconditioner installed), and i find it clears the mist faster, of course it's not super comfy so i alternate between cool air and hot air.

@OP
omo that your dash board is 'one kind' o. . .but i attached a picture that should help.

i think position 1 is what you need to redirect air to the vents at the bottom of your windscreen, position 2 directs the air to the top vents(the ones you're used to) position 3 to top and bottom vents,(the bottom vents are for your feet) etc, to the one i circled(position 1) should be for the windscreen, however i'm not sure since it follows a different convention from what i'm used to, you can experiment and see sha. . . the item that i circled and labelled 4 is the sign for the demisting thingy, i'm not sure what it's doing there, i guess they're telling you to put the fan switch to max when you want to demist.

try the knob settings and get back to us. . .also when next you're driving in rain, try both cool air and heated air and let us know which you prefer. . .safe!

Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by netotse(m): 12:12am On Aug 18, 2010
i've got a picture of what the labels should look like. . .were it not a benz

Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 2:46am On Aug 18, 2010
haa haa no yab my dash board, that is why it is one in town. All the same thanks for your detailed response. Geuss the rains have subsided over here but i will sure keep your instructions to heart. thanks.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 2:59am On Aug 18, 2010
but if anyone has any idea if it is possible to get an external mist defogger i will really appreciate it. thanks
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by earthrealm(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2010
ur dashboard is kinda strange. but try this, turn on the ac/fan, put ur hand on top of the dash board near where the windscreen meets the dash board.there r some vents there, any setting that u feel a strong rush of air coming out of that vent is what u need!, that setting automatically turns on ur ac n thus blowing cold air directly at the windscreen. that in turn clears the fog/mist on ur windscreen grin
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2010
Earth realm, God bless you. Tnx so much
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by sonibota: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
This may sound laughable. The secret to driving in heavy rains (whether day or night) is simply to put on a sunshade (dark eye glasses). There won't be need to increase the wiper speed. Someone should try this out and confirm the outcome to me at sonibota@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by bong4(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
well tnx all. With my ac on during rainy days, i got no bizness wt mist.
Re: How Do I Clar Mist From My Windscreen While Driving Under The Rain by timocoms10: 3:48am On Sep 04, 2021
Please I use Benz 180, but my AC is bad for a while now. How do I clear mist inside the car, both front and back. it's discomforting.

Thanks and God Bless.

(1) (Reply)

Coolant Drain, Flush And Refill, DIY On 2003 Honda Accord (with Pics!!!) / Mercedes Benz 190E: Before And After Photos. / Queries About Tinted Car Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.