Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed (8059 Views)

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa / LEARN ETHICAL HACKING,TIPS AND TRICKS / Ethical Hacking And Penetration Testing For Educational Purposes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by mbond1992: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
Difference between Panasonic GH5 and GH5s?

I'm thinking that I'm going to buy a GH5. I'm a pretty avid photographer and I like that it has such universally acclaimed video capabilities (https://www.photographytalk.com/panasonic-gh5-review is particularly glowing about it as a video camera).

Anyway, I've read tons of reviews and the GH5 seems like a legit awesome camera. But I've seen some stuff about the GH5s and wonder what the difference is between the two? Apart from the GH5 having 20 mp sensor and the GH5s having 10, I don't see a ton of differences. I'd love to hear some thoughts from folks that know more than I do.
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by ValueLabs: 6:51am On Jan 23, 2020
I suggest software engineering. It's really simple to cooperate and to operate in this sphere. I am currently using https://www.valuelabs.com/services/product-development/software-development/ to operate on my projects because they have well-skilled developers and do any project on time.
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by Ceekay212: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
kiddie:

The actual difference is that hackers debug with assemblers since they don't have access to the code. I don't think any right thinking firm would employ any engineer who doesn't know how to test his system for loophole. If you feel hacking in terms of ddos and botnets and the rest then it's pretty useless going to a school on that when you can learn at home. Imagine you interviewing an hacker and the only thing he can boast of is having some professional certificate.
lol......don't listen 2 this dude, he doesn't know what he's talking about
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by edwardbailey(m): 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
i also prefer software engineering because i currently working in GoodCore, a reputable software development company.
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by McTobe(m): 12:02am On Mar 05, 2020
I hope you have the answer you are looking for by now. I saw some very useful ones up there especially ncpat and a few others.
I took off on my journey to Ethical Hacking until I got the sincere advice that I should first have a good working knowledge of programming languages(both Frontend and backend but especially backend).
My advice for you then is you can learn Frontend and start making money with it and then go into Ethical hacking from there, while still making more money from coding.
Note that it’s easier to see software developers around than it is to see Ethical hackers and yes software development will give you money faster but if eventually you get good with Ethical hacking you will be like a Golden fish for the big companies.
Note that I don’t have a CS Degree but I am deeply into tech.
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by ZacharyMarx: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
I met https://www.intellias.com/fintech/ about three years ago while searching for a quick and functional software solution. Having familiarized with a lot of software, I stopped precisely at this program. From the first click, the program puts the user to use. You can not only quickly go to settings or select a language, but also go to the manufacturer’s website
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by ayarandy: 12:45am On Feb 06, 2021
McTobe:
I hope you have the answer you are looking for by now. I saw some very useful ones up there especially ncpat and a few others.
I took off on my journey to Ethical Hacking until I got the sincere advice that I should first have a good working knowledge of programming languages(both Frontend and backend but especially backend).
My advice for you then is you can learn Frontend and start making money with it and then go into Ethical hacking from there, while still making more money from coding.
Note that it’s easier to see software developers around than it is to see Ethical hackers and yes software development will give you money faster but if eventually you get good with Ethical hacking you will be like a Golden fish for the big companies.
Note that I don’t have a CS Degree but I am deeply into tech.
please how can i link up with you?
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 06, 2021
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by omoluabiguy: 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
Do you want to learn programming for free? Check out my YouTube tutorials and thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw?sub_confirmation=1

You can as well join our Facebook community where we answer questions, discuss and share ideas about technologies
https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by ncpat(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
Uncharted56:
You can be a hacker without touching software engineering, you just have to learn some basics and have enough zeal to venture into it, besides hacking is of different forms (app hacking, network hacking, web hacking) depends on what you want to do, it can be one of the fastest ways to learn as well, for me I had to learn the basics before going into the stuff main main cos without the basics you can't build a stable foundation, and when I mean basics don't spare any language or stuff you can learn about computers if you want to be strong, being a developer is this country is a waste cos the government is thinking backward which is sad

What do you mean without touching software engineering, yet you say learn the basic, then what's the basic if not software engineering.

Let's cut the bullshit here and let's take time to explain so many computer terminology

1. Computer science : this area covers everything about computer, like computer engineer, software engineering, web developer, programmer, networking and what you can think of in computer related issues.
2. Computer engineer : The repair and maintenance of computer system, it also cover software installations. With the knowledge of computer engineer it makes other area of computer easy for you like software engineering and web development even the ethical hacking, take for example if I need a file on your system and your system is passworded on CMOS or window as a computer engineer I can easily take out your hard disk and use another system to get the file.
3. Software engineering : in this area you should be able to develop softwares of different types like operating systems (window, IOS, Linux etc) build games, system applications, in fact software engineering covers the following, software developer, programmer, web application builder etc
4. Web developer : this has to do with website design, some times you hear I'm a web designer and the other will say I'm a web developer and most times we use the word without knowing what we are saying, actually there are difference between web designer and web developer, a designer is a frontend while developer is a backend, a designer can use Photoshop to design the interface of a site and export it to HTML while developer will start making those still pictures come alive by coding it.
5. Programmer : same as developer, programmer falls under software engineering as well as software developer, coding etc
6: Networking : connecting of one computer to another.
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
ncpat:

What do you mean without touching software engineering, yet you say learn the basic, then what's the basic if not software engineering.

Let's cut the bullshit here and let's take time to explain so many computer terminology

1. Computer science : this area covers everything about computer, like computer engineer, software engineering, web developer, programmer, networking and what you can think of in computer related issues.
2. Computer engineer : The repair and maintenance of computer system, it also cover software installations. With the knowledge of computer engineer it makes other area of computer easy for you like software engineering and web development even the ethical hacking, take for example if I need a file on your system and your system is passworded on CMOS or window as a computer engineer I can easily take out your hard disk and use another system to get the file.
3. Software engineering : in this area you should be able to develop softwares of different types like operating systems (window, IOS, Linux etc) build games, system applications, in fact software engineering covers the following, software developer, programmer, web application builder etc
4. Web developer : this has to do with website design, some times you hear I'm a web designer and the other will say I'm a web developer and most times we use the word without knowing what we are saying, actually there are difference between web designer and web developer, a designer is a frontend while developer is a backend, a designer can Photoshop to design the interface of a site and export it to HTML while developer will start making those still pictures come alive by coding it.
5. Programmer : same as developer, programmer falls under software engineering as well as software developer, coding etc
6: Networking : connecting of one computer to another.
without studying software engineering as a course.. . English sir
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by ncpat(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
Uncharted56:
without studying software engineering as a course.. . English sir
Ok
Re: Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed by ericosborne: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2021
BenSherman228:

Thank you for sharing the information, but I would recommend the guys from the MWDN, worked with them, their dedicated team did everything at the highest level, the work was presented on time, the communication was excellent, and I was very pleased.

I also reccomend this developers team that provide excellent software engineering services https://nix-united.com/services/mobile-app-development/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming In Asterix / Top 5 Website To Access Or Download The Best Online Courses For Free / Cnc Cad/cam Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.