Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Programming In Asterix - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming In Asterix (8054 Views)

Cookie Programming In Javascript / How Viable Is C++ Programming In Nigeria Job Market. / Does He Need Programming In Elect/elect.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2008
Does anyone here know a thing about Asterix

im gona need some really big help

Thank you! smiley
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2008
Haba

people please!

So no one here knows a thing about Asterix shocked

please someone help out na cry
Re: Programming In Asterix by bashtech: 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

I know some little things on Asterix, but I don't know exactly what you want , Programming in Asterix ? Ebooks ? Partner to develop an Asterix SIP Communication System ?

We have discussed this Technology long ago while I was in School (Informatics Academy),

The following links might help:

Official Asterix Development Zone http://www.asterisk.org/

Asterix Documentation from a Forum http://forums.digium.com/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=980c21890431300b96fdf111ba02011d

and you can register on the forum and post your installation wahala here :
http://forums.digium.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=980c21890431300b96fdf111ba02011d

I am registered member of Tech Republic and I believe you can get alot of info on Asterix from there, so I suggest you register there too,
Check out this on Asterix http://search.techrepublic.com.com/search/Linux+and+Networking+and+voip.html

Let me now know where you are heading to and if you still need some help, I think I have an ebook on it.

Thanks.
Re: Programming In Asterix by chiola2007: 3:32am On Jan 21, 2008
You need to be more specific about what you want to know.
Re: Programming In Asterix by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2008
I used a language called Astertix for my compiler construction course here. The back end compiler is written in C. This asterix is developed here by a dutch university.
If its d same language, maybe I might be able to help.
Be more specific like the others have said.
Regards
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2008
Ok
i hear.

I am trying to program a VOIP for Intranet using Asterix

i need to know how it could be implementated and the possibilities

Anyways, as i also embark on it

i will bring my issues here

Thanks People!
Re: Programming In Asterix by IronFist(m): 11:33am On Jan 25, 2008
Hello Gamine,

The possibilities of using Asterisk as an IP-PBX for an Intranet or Internet communication system are plenty and cost-effective.

You can send me an email via unclefrank99@yahoo.com in the event you need a good hand in your deployment process.

Also, check http://www.voip-info.org for all the info you need on asterisk.

Have fun wink
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2008
@ Gamine

even though u refuse to allow both of us save the Uneme tribe, i will still help u on how to programm asterix. which linux distro do u use? i can give u a link to a friend of mine in lagos. we both started our research into asterix in 2005 b4 i left and he makes money off the thing now. so if u are interested let me know and if u decide to save the tribe with me, i go configure one for u for free grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2008
Na2Day
Come to think of it

I will take Your offer!. grin

lol.

Cant asterix be used on Windows?

Why only Linux
Re: Programming In Asterix by emonkey(m): 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2008
Intranet OK. On Internet - with slow internet in Nigeria and other infrastructural problems you may be better off using other established providers
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 2:38am On Jan 29, 2008
sweet heart, i didnt see your reply until now, i had to head to the library. now which of the offer are u willing to take, me configuring the asterisk server for you or u agreeing to save the Uneme tribe with me wink wink wink well, there is asterisk for windows but don't know how stable it is. it is called asteriskwin32 http://www.asteriskwin32.com/ and will should work with any 32bit windows system including vista 32bit but don't quote me on that vista issue sha. there are commercially based ones that where based off asterisk like Fonality phone system but Fonality crashes like hell so, don't know if u want to pay money for an unstable system.

Gamine:

Na2Day
Come to think of it

I will take Your offer!. grin

lol.

Cant asterix be used on Windows?

Why only Linux

Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2008
its just intranet im looking at oh

Na2Day
ok ok, i will save the tribe with you, happy smiley

Anyways isnt there any way to make one system compatible for both linux and windows
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2008
sweet. yes u can either linux, windows as clients in ur intranet, even if ur asterisk server is on windows or linux machines.

Gamine:

its just intranet im looking at oh

Na2Day
ok ok, i will save the tribe with you, happy smiley

Anyways isnt there any way to make one system compatible for both linux and windows

Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2008
hmm

then i guess linux shld do.

So you asked for the Distribution channel

i dont realy get, what do you suggest?
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2008
distribution simply means, the linux flavor u use. is it fedora, opensuse, knoppix, ubuntu etc. give me ur yahoo handle and i will get my friend in lagos to chat with u and work u through, unless u want to meet him physically then i can see if it is kool with him. just tell him u are my wife, that shld do it grin grin grin. let me know ur reply soon because i am abt heading to work.

Gamine:

hmm

then i guess linux shld do.

So you asked for the Distribution channel

i don't realy get, what do you suggest?
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2008
oops sorry im late!

its tonianni, dts my id

your wife indeed!
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
have my friend contacted u yet?

Gamine:

oops sorry im late!

its tonianni, dts my id

your wife indeed!
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
no, he hasnt undecided
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
well, i sent u an offline msg yesterday and i havent seen any reply from u. so u probably gave me the wrong yahoo id embarassed embarassed

Gamine:

no, he hasnt undecided
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2008
r u sure dats whut u typed
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 12:13am On Jan 31, 2008
well, i sent u another msg to the same id and i copied and paste it, even though it shows u online, u didnt reply and i have waited for abt 20mins so i am heading back to work. talk to u lata whenever u r ready

Gamine:

tonianni@yahoo.com

tonianni is my id

r u sure that is whut u typed
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2008
chill r u victor?
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2008
very funny. no, i am not victor. i sent u an only msg through yahoo and i am sending one again right now, i even tried to add u on my msger but i guess u didnt accept the invitation

Gamine:

chill r u victor?
Re: Programming In Asterix by alexis(m): 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2008
Asterisks aint a programming language, it's an opensource telephony, digital PBX system. You can build your intranet and interface with asterisks on so many levels. Check the developer section for more information (http://www.asterisk.org/developers).

Asterisks aint simple to install for newbies (as so many robust linux softwares are too), you might want to look at trixbox, it has asterisks and other opensource softwares bundled together that makes deploying, operating, managing asterisks quite easy. Check it out at (http://www.trixbox.com/products/trixbox-ce/features).

We are currently use asterisks for VOIP on our network but we do everything with config files (I like it that way). It's an amazing software.
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2008
Thank you!
Re: Programming In Asterix by teee: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2008
Asterisk is an open source converge telephony platform, primarily designed to run on Linux. The power of Asterisk lies in its flexibility i.e. its highly customizable unlike most PBX, it can be used to develop so many creative applications such as. Voicemail, Call queuing and Agents, Call Conferencing and a host of other applications. It supports a number of protocols such as SIP: Session Initiation Protocol, IAX: Inter Asterisks Exchange , MGCP: Media Gateway Control Protocol. In a nutshell Asterisk is the future of Telecommunication.

I am currently working with Asterisk on some projects. for more info u can contact me on myself(remove this bracket)@taiwoaigoro.com or taiwoaigoro(remove this bracket)@gmail.com
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2008
@teee

remove which bracket?
Re: Programming In Asterix by na2day2(m): 12:16am On Feb 08, 2008
LOL grin grin grin LOL grin grin grin

remove the brackets around his email addy

by the way u never sent me a detail on what your project is meant to be so i could look at it and recommend on a solution but i guess u still have plenty of time on your hand, else u did be more urgent about it

Gamine:

@teee

remove which bracket?
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2008
its serious ooh

i hadnt been online for a while i will send it to you tho smiley
Re: Programming In Asterix by emonkey(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2008
Anyone knows what the minimum charge should be to program and install an Asterix voip box minus peripheral hardware ? Please PM me .
Re: Programming In Asterix by Gamine(f): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2008
me too o

i need dat info
Re: Programming In Asterix by teee: 8:49am On Feb 15, 2008
Gamine:

@teee

remove which bracket?

taiwoaigoro[at]gmail.com
myself[at]taiwoaigoro.com

or add me on yim taiwoaigoro2

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cnc Cad/cam Programmer / Java Whatsapp Group Rebranded / How Do I Convert .mdb Files To .exe Files

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.