Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) (37224 Views)

Cows Disrupt School Activities In Benin City (Photos) / Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? / Huawei’s New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by larryking540: 11:11am On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:

China has a huge racism problem....yes, there are black guys making it there (I even heard of one guy, originally from Niger Republic, who is even a millionaire...but that's after twenty years of hardship and hustle...plus he happened to be in the right place at the right time too)...but there is a lot of very racist attitudes.

One Gabonese guy , who has lived in China for 3 decades, married , even speaks the language fluently, and is settled there...was racially abused while walking with his wife one evening. After three decades....

That's just d problem, even Americans hardly go there for business becus of racism and language barrier

I day target bahrain or Kuwait but know of little infor about them and their hustle
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 11:11am On Jan 18, 2019
China is like 50years ahead of Nigeria
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by x6blade(m): 11:11am On Jan 18, 2019
I read a post back then on nairaland where they said China burnt bibles and banned churches and some people were saying God would descened on China, the end of China is near etc, when Africans realise religion takes a nation nowhere then we would improve, America is a religious country but they value science and have a god complex, they want to be number one and they know they can only achieve that with science hence the decrease in religious folks
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Uploadme(m): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2019
Nukilia:
God of heaven, when will we get it right in Nigeria?
This country must not continue like this cry cry cry

Nigeria as a country will never work

1 Like

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by theoldpretender(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2019
Nukilia:

To everyone who is crying 'When Nigeria will make it'...this is why we are not there...

1.Education....In China...their education system is a strict meritocracy. Exams are extremely tough...and you must start preparing for their equivalent of our WASSCE years in advance.

In Nigeria...when students are busy with miracle centers, exam cheats, etc....

2.In China...people pay their light bills on time, govt and private firms inclusive.

In Nigeria...where people bypass their meters, people refuse to pay bills because 'too expensive' and then expect a DISCO who has so many people and government agencies and business owing them to give them what they cannot give?

3.In China....economic development is measured in terms of industrial growth.

In Nigeria...haaa...

a) Our people and political class are obsessed with restructuring...which really means 'How we share oil money'.
b) Our people believe that the only good job is a white collar clerical job....if you are a technician...you are an illiterate.
c) When it is time to construct infrastructure....that is when the natives come and start demanding bribes.
etc...

Problem with Nigeria is that we expect a Hero to save us from problems we can save ourselves from.

1 Like

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by GSteve001(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2019
owowa145:

Phone number pls

My email is also in my signature
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by nonix22(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2019
I THINK IT'S BETTER CHINA TAKE OVER NIGERIA. E DON TOO MUCH
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2019
While in Nigeria, we celebrate worthless church buildings.
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by SIRTee15: 11:26am On Jan 18, 2019
Newboss:
I've been thinking about building something like this in Benin. A mini city where only people with class (not necessarily rich) can live in. Benin, not Lagos, because Edo state has a history of very stable leaders unlike Lagos where greed runs through government angry

The main issue is always acquiring square kilometres of land not far from the express road. That should be like creating a silicon valley or Beverly Hills in Benin, but with strictly regulated property price tags to avoid the mess Banana island is in angry
What do u mean by strictly regulated....
Besides I think that's the concept behind eko Atlantic city....
We really need smart cities in nigeria with emphasis on facilities and infrastructure, not just bland, uninspiring so called mansions.....
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by madridguy(m): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2019
This is beautiful.
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Chitumu: 11:32am On Jan 18, 2019
itiswellandwell:
Seems like a miracle to some people. It's a normal a thing in a country where corruption doesn't strive. You can think of any magnificent innovations or ideas that will benefit the masses and develop such since there is no corruption, the money will definitely be available, everyone will be after the quality of the project as well. Do you know the funniest thing? If any company decides to try such here, community will rise up, omoniles will rise up as well and as such the company will have no other choice than to drop the project.
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea we hand over the technological development aspect of this country to one of this firms.

Check my signature for air shipping from Nigeria to USA, CANADA, UK and all European countries
CENTENARY CITY ABUJA come to mind. this one has realy suffered. is almost ten year now.
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by AhmadOZIL: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2019
We Can Only See It From Afar And Dream Of It When We Sleep. Nonsense Jungle!
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Alexrayz(m): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2019
itiswellandwell:
Seems like a miracle to some people. It's a normal a thing in a country where corruption doesn't strive. You can think of any magnificent innovations or ideas that will benefit the masses and develop such since there is no corruption, the money will definitely be available, everyone will be after the quality of the project as well. Do you know the funniest thing? If any company decides to try such here, community will rise up, omoniles will rise up as well and as such the company will have no other choice than to drop the project.
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea we hand over the technological development aspect of this country to one of this firms.

Check my signature for air shipping from Nigeria to USA, CANADA, UK and all European countries

So there is no corruption in China i laff u u be surprise that it even greater there the only difference where as they are more dedicated in investing at thier own country Nigerians prefer to keep all in bank so that his neighbors won't have and be regarded as a big man
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Newboss(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2019
SIRTee15:

What do u mean by strictly regulated....
Besides I think that's the concept behind eko Atlantic city....
We really need smart cities in nigeria with emphasis on facilities and infrastructure, not just bland, uninspiring so called mansions.....

Normally, prices are controlled by demand and supply. If a piece of property is very desirable and in huge demand, sellers raise their prices. That's not good, except for business. People literarily buy land they don't need because they just plan to sell it later at a much higher price when demand goes up. That's what we're witnessing in most parts of Lagos and Abuja.

Strictly regulated means setting a maximum price a property can be sold for. This is to avoid price speculations
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by JaphNice(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2019
HeWrites:
Tech giant Huawei's massive new campus, which is designed to look like a group of European cities, has left people in awe.

The campus in the Chinese city of Dongguan pls how can I apply for a job in that company?
Somebody should help please. recreates a wide swathe of Europe, from faux Italian towers to artificial lakes and classical palaces. It also has its own tram system.

The campus is split into 12 "towns," which are areas where employees work. Each town is named after a European city. There are towns including Paris, Granada, Verona and Bruges.

The campus is still being built. So far 8 out of the 12 towns have been completed.

The nine square kilometer facility can house up to 25,000 employees. 17,000 employees are currently located on the campus. There are over 50,000 employees at Huawei's Shenzhen headquarters.

Huawei's Dongguan campus is so big that a tram operates to transport employees between different towns. There's also a bridge that connects the different parts of the campus on different sides of the lake. The bridge is a replica of the Freedom Bridge in Budapest, Hungary, CNBC reports.

More photos below;

See More Photos from Source; https://www.grimesgeek.com/7402/huaweis-new-campus-in-china-looks-like-a-big-european-city-and-can-house-25000-employees-photos/

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2019
ordinary 1km bridge in Asaba/Onitsha is taking Nigeria federal government more than 3 decades to construct , how I wish we Have options of place to be born at birth I Would have abort coming to this part of planet... God curse us with people like Buhari

1 Like

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Abagworo(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2019
China is a miracle
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by tochukwu75(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
DON'T BE A DOUBTING THOMAS.
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO OWN LARGE EXPANSE OF LAND (10 Hectares) IN ABUJA AT AFFORDABLE PRICE. 
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by DinoP: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
henry007:
Too much money
This is not about money. It s about ideas, commitment.
Am sure Nigeria has more money than Huawei
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by whitebeard(m): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
uzedo1:
Now this is what I call a Higher Institution. I keep saying it, there is something wrong with African leaders cry
or African people
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by DeNovo: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Na wa O! a company built this and yet, my country pipu no fit patch pothole..Chai!!!
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by winj: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
They are a Chinese Government spying company!
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by uzedo1(m): 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
whitebeard:
or African people
Exactly undecided
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Juliearth(f): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Nukilia:

The day we decide to look beyond baseless sentiments in selecting our leaders,the day we decide to elect into office, leaders that are of sound mind, having an above mediocre level of intelligence, the day we realise that we are the most important set of people,the bond that holds this country together,the day that we look beyond keyboard/social media wars and pick up placards...just maybe then can this country begin to work.

1 Like

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by urahara(m): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:

China has a huge racism problem....yes, there are black guys making it there (I even heard of one guy, originally from Niger Republic, who is even a millionaire...but that's after twenty years of hardship and hustle...plus he happened to be in the right place at the right time too)...but there is a lot of very racist attitudes.

One Gabonese guy , who has lived in China for 3 decades, married , even speaks the language fluently, and is settled there...was racially abused while walking with his wife one evening. After three decades....

Asian countries and racism is like shoe and dhoelace
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by urahara(m): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:

Asian countries and racism is like shoe and shoelace

1 Like

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by Jeremiahgirl01(f): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
it's not like we Nigerians don't know the right thing,but we keep clinging to the so called APC and PDP when we have ready and Able parties waiting for us to give them a try.our votes counts,no matter how many people come out to campaign with the ruling party not all will vote for them so just choose wisely and don't be deceived by the crowd you're seeing.
Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by urahara(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:

1.China persecutes Christians...even till this day. The only churches that are allowed to operate are churches that have ther sermons approved by government minders.

2. China is developed....[b]because they don't have enough resources [/b]to be selling and sharing the money...so they had to go industrial.

When we tell you Nigerians to stop arguing over oil money...or whether the Hausas are taking away all our oil money, or the Igbos want Biafra so that they can chop oil money....and instead use your resources in your state to build an industry like Dangote and Innoson do...you people will laugh at us...and then go and vote people whose only idea is how to share money

Even those chanting for restructuring...most of them want more money. Actual development they don't want.

Go and vote right people into office. Stop all this Sai Barber and Atikuloot jokes and games. We need leaders who will take us away from our chop and quench mentality.

Heck , look at Ethiopia , no resources but still double digits economic growth back to back since year 2000!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Huawei's New Campus In China Looks Like A Big European City (photos) by CioAngels(f): 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Good to see, congratulations, Nigerian leaders are stealing the
money that should be used to modernise Nigeria. Anyway, Huawei, all i need is good/original battery to power my phone and not fake Nigerian specification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.