Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics (56086 Views)

Man Who Fetches Sand For A Living In Enugu (Photos) / Lady That Supplies 500 Buckets Of River Sand Daily By Head In Kogi (Photos) / 1,000 South African Gold Miners Stuck Underground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Explorers(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
These incredible photographs show the the sculpted physique of workers who do one of the most dangerous jobs on earth.

The buff divers plunge deep into a fast-flowing river to scoop up sand from the bottom 20 feet below.

The muscular African tribesmen regularly risk their lives diving to the river bed to collect sand for the building industry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602363/Cameroons-muscle-bound-miners-Photos-incredible-sculpted-physique-workers.html

23 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Millsz: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
following
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by TheBlessedMAN: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
All these risks for SAND? I dont get it.

Or is that sand part of the ingredients for curing Ebola ?

Na wa o...anyways, its still better dan PANT HUNTING VENTURE (PHV) wey full Nija now

138 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by tutudesz: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
Waiting grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by kingreign(m): 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
angry
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pictures!

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
These miners work by collecting huge quantities of wet sand at the bottom of the Wouri River each time they dive to the bottom.

The miners usually wear swimming trunks and gloves for the job in the Wouri River.

One of the workers is pictured unloading sand.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Very very dangerous job.

Artisanal miners in Cameroon who dive to the bottom of the Wouri River to collect sand to transport up river for use in construction.

Wouri is a river stream, where the miners work in southwestern Cameroon whose estuary on the Atlantic Ocean is the site of Douala, the country’s major industrial centre and port.

The canoes are often filled full of sand by the end of the day and the divers often have to scoop water out of the large canoes.

The whole group of divers (pictured below) get to work on the canoes which they will jump off of to retrieve the sand from the depths of the river.

7 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
'Some divers drown when they misjudge the location of the hull of the boat and get knocked out when they surface and bang their heads.

'At night this is particularly dangerous because no one can see them in the dark and they can get washed away by the tides.

'Other divers suffer from bleeding from the ears and noses and eyes due to the depths they are working at and sand often ingresses through those cavities.'

30 Likes 8 Shares

The boats all lined up and ready to go home after a successful day at work on the Wouri River in Cameroon, central Africa.

The work is often dangerous and there is at least one casualty a year on the river as divers often misjudge the location of the hull of the boat and become injured.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Goahead(m): 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
They're diving naked shocked

Just what if an over-zealous fish get a little bit of his di(k

78 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by MissJoy29(f): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Oh my!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Explorers.

Is sand that scarce in their country?

I am already thinking of starting a sand exportation business to Cameroon.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Pearl05(f): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
See able bodied young men doing high risk job and going home with peanuts. But they love what they do.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by octopusfreaky(f): 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
I just admire their doggedness and ruggedness, to make money ain't easy sha. Cute guys though.

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Pearl05(f): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Explorers.

That's how that type of sand is gotten .

Though there are better advanced way of doing it.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by wunmi590(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Explorers is back!

How's fatherhood? grin grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by czarina(f): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Can't they use a dredger? This one na "sufferness" unless they just enjoy doing it.

On the bright side; they get to grow those abs for "free"!

65 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
Are they body builders also? What will i do if i want to get that type of body?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by stefanweeks: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ngene,

If them catch you for bed

You go leave Buhari follow Atiku

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by bujebudanu1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
So sharp sand don hard to get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Explorers.

Think the sand is rare, only available underwater.

My brother, 10years ago went to River Niger/Benue to get a particular stone that has layers for his project(Geology, EKSU).

He paid the locals to get it in the river.

53 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by martinz1: 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
So pathetic
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by earthsync(f): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
But why them nakid undecided

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Explorers.

Some guys do this in Oworonshoki and somewhere in Ijebu. Why don't you start that business of yours in Nigeria before taking it to the other place?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by kingkuntaval: 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
After all these sweat and grind, one useless slay queen will be asking "hello, baby have you sent it?"
Na Ogun go kee u..

349 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by ValCon888: 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
I know some farm apparatus on this forum are already salivating in their panties.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by bedspread: 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
ThEse Ones de Learn work?

Go to Festaclink bridge Amuwo-odofin..

U will find them there in Quantity!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by ahiboilandgas: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
Explorers:
These incredible photographs show the the sculpted physique of workers who do one of the most dangerous jobs on earth.

The buff divers plunge deep into a fast-flowing river to scoop up sand from the bottom 20 feet below.

The muscular African tribesmen regularly risk their lives diving to the river bed to collect sand for the building industry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602363/Cameroons-muscle-bound-miners-Photos-incredible-sculpted-physique-workers.html
Africans and backwardness ,why couldn't they develop a pipe suction like a sand dreger to scoop sand and fill boat ....where is the university of daula mechanical engineering dept...no need for all muscle show but muscle of the brain (brain power)

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Damfostopper(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
and one yeye biitch somewhere will be expecting money for iPhone.... baby wire me money..... na to wire am owta ur life

50 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife / Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.