Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL (2100 Views)

UK University Offers To Fund Flights Home For Nigerian Students Ordered To Leave / Uganda High School Kids Arrive Prom Date with Chopper, Tesla, Benz, Lambo / Prince Osisioma Foundation Donates Computers And Free Internet To School In Ukpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by obafemee80(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2019

All-electric car maker Tesla and Pwn2Own security conference are offering cybersecurity researchers the chance to win prizes ranging from $35,000 to $250,000 (and $900,000 in total prices) to find security issues with the Tesla Model 3's software.

The Pwn2Own hacking competition, which is designed to allow emerging hackers to show off their skills and earn money by finding new flaws in commonly used softwares and web browsers , will reward the first person to discover a bug in the sedan with a brand new 4-door Model 3.

Vice president of vehicle software at Tesla said:
"We develop our cars with the highest standards of safety in every respect, and our work with the security research community is invaluable to us"

Tesla is known to roll-out updates to customers through over-the-air software upgrades, a common practice among mobile phone industries.

This year's hacking competition , which will be held from March 20 to March 22 at the CanSecWest conference,is the first time a car would be put to the test .

Hackers are to find flaws in the Tesla Model 3 in the Automotive Category,Google Chrome,Microsoft Edge and Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox in the Browser Category and Adobe Reader,Microsoft Office 365,Microsoft Outlook in the Enterprise Applications Category.

A brand new Model 3 ,the main price in the automotive category, starts at ₦12.7m .The All-Wheel Drive will go 310 miles on a single charge and a 170 miles drive on a 30 minutes charge.

Do You Think Any Serious Flaws Will Be Discovered In the All-electric Car?

https://autojosh.com/hacking-competition-offers-n327m-and-free-car-if-you-can-hack-the-tesla-model-sedan/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Premiumwriter: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Time for some guys to blow.
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by jzamani(m): 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Where I keep that my lap top self..... �
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
Where's my Kali software sef..
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by marvola(m): 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
as we no come sabi hack
na to sitdown observe undecided
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by anochuko01(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
all these useless, brain lazy and unfortunate pant snatching yahoo boys won't see this one o.

9 Likes

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Leonardoreel(m): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
Very easy to hack
Once they can read the codes of it's software, gbam they will get in...
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by eastTKBorn: 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
Chai see chance to Get rich
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by funkyjms: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
All I know is that there's no longer perfect security! Anything damn thing can be compromised!!
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Godsfavour78: 12:24am On Jan 19, 2019
Leonardoreel:
Very easy to hack
Once they can read the codes of it's software, gbam they will get in...

I doubt they will get the codes as it isn't open source. They will have to reverse engineer the software and analyse it
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by najib632(m): 12:57am On Jan 19, 2019
obafemee80:

All-electric car maker Tesla and Pwn2Own security conference are offering cybersecurity researchers the chance to win prizes ranging from $35,000 to $250,000 (and $900,000 in total prices) to find security issues with the Tesla Model 3's software.

The Pwn2Own hacking competition, which is designed to allow emerging hackers to show off their skills and earn money by finding new flaws in commonly used softwares and web browsers , will reward the first person to discover a bug in the sedan with a brand new 4-door Model 3.

Vice president of vehicle software at Tesla said:

Tesla is known to roll-out updates to customers through over-the-air software upgrades, a common practice among mobile phone industries.

This year's hacking competition , which will be held from March 20 to March 22 at the CanSecWest conference,is the first time a car would be put to the test .

Hackers are to find flaws in the Tesla Model 3 in the Automotive Category,Google Chrome,Microsoft Edge and Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox in the Browser Category and Adobe Reader,Microsoft Office 365,Microsoft Outlook in the Enterprise Applications Category.

A brand new Model 3 ,the main price in the automotive category, starts at ₦12.7m .The All-Wheel Drive will go 310 miles on a single charge and a 170 miles drive on a 30 minutes charge.

Do You Think Any Serious Flaws Will Be Discovered In the All-electric Car?

https://autojosh.com/hacking-competition-offers-n327m-and-free-car-if-you-can-hack-the-tesla-model-sedan/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
We go try am next year

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by KiZiie(m): 3:37am On Jan 19, 2019
anochuko01:
all these useless, brain lazy and unfortunate pant snatching yahoo boys won't see this one o.

They don't hack; they scam.

2 Likes

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 19, 2019
I can hack this car but first - I have to be given a sample, and I'd prefer it in metallic gold colour with chrome wheels. There are no 2 ways about it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by earthsync(f): 7:10am On Jan 19, 2019
anochuko01:

Their brain nor dey there. They're waiting for somebody right now to dry pant. Brainless and useless indeed angry

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Speedyconnect15: 8:00am On Jan 19, 2019
Innovation

Here we are checking if Usa is in Dc or Dc in USA.

Sell airtime to us and make cash.

GET NEW YEAR MTN DATA PROMO BELOW!

Just click the details and over 734 testimonies below.

Daalu nu!
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by tolugar: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2019
Trust the Japanese itchy fingers

They will surly see something
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Dreyl(m): 10:58am On Jan 19, 2019
I have a friend who's badass at hacking, I will show him this thread.

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by chukzyfcbb: 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
grayht:
Where's my Kali software sef..
This one no be Kali matter , u have to write your own scripts

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Jackossky(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
All these guys forming black hat gurus, abeg shut up. This is not a matter of vaunting but for you to take the mantle by the **** and go win yourself a brand new Sedan or whatever it's called.

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2019
I bet no Hacker trained in Nigeria will even come close to hacking these things.
Home trained Nigerians and Africans in general are bad at hacking stuffs like this.
Nigeria should improve in areas like, programing, engineering, ICT, science and technology, it will greatly favour us
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
i dont know anything about hacking but I do know that nothing is perfectly secure...from reading kevin mitnicks book...I discovered that the weakest link in a company or network is the people factor ...a good social engineer should be able to hack this.....then with a distribution denial of service attack...he should be able to get the code and work on it...
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by chukzyfcbb: 12:47am On Jan 20, 2019
Electricboy:
i dont know anything about hacking but I do know that nothing is perfectly secure...from reading kevin mitnicks book...I discovered that the weakest link in a company or network is the people factor ...a good social engineer should be able to hack this.....then with a distribution denial of service attack...he should be able to get the code and work on it...
social engineering and ddos on Tesla? do u even understand what you are saying
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by EvilSec: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2019
Electricboy:
I lost brain cells reading this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
EvilSec:

lol
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
EvilSec:

I can remember saying i don't know how to hack...I just sent you a mail....I have been reading books on python , c++ , social engineering , key logging and ddos...please I need any hat to teach me progrsmming and hacking....am a fast learner....please ....
Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by EvilSec: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Electricboy:

I can remember saying i don't know how to hack...I just sent you a mail....I have been reading books on python , c++ , social engineering , key logging and ddos...please I need any hat to teach me progrsmming and hacking....am a fast learner....please ....
At least I'm glad you know hacking ain't done with the click of a magical red button and you know some scripting languages already. I am a black hat, and I'm pretty sure you wanna be an ethical hacker.

1 Like

Re: Hacking Competition Offers ₦327m And Free Car If You Can Hack The Tesla MODEL by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
EvilSec:

At least I'm glad you know hacking ain't done with the click of a magical red button and you know some scripting languages already. I am a black hat, and I'm pretty sure you wanna be an ethical hacker.

yes boss....sure

(1) (Reply)

Abia State University Post Ume / How Can You, Know Your Real Wife? / NIIT And APTECH Students Willing To Have A UK University Top-up Program And A Low Tuition Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.