Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber (37670 Views)

Why I Don’t Own A Car – Mr Eazi Reveals / A Moses Anietienteabasi Buys His Second Car: 'I Used To Trek Alot' / Mr Eazi: "I Quit My N2Million Per Month Job For Music" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by made4naijamusic: 2:33am On Jan 19, 2019
This might come as a shock to many lovers of Mr Eazi and his work as in a recent interview with Saturday Beats, the Leg Over singer revealed that he did not own a car.

In his explanation, he stated that he preferred using Uber. He further said,

“If your self-esteem is based on how much you have in your bank account, then you have a serious self-esteem issue. Right from when I sang my very first song, someone offered me N80m record deal but I turned it down and at the time, I did not have N300,000 in my account.

“My first record deal offer from the UK was £356,000, I turned it down but at the time, I had done a tour and the total amount I earned was £12,500. I used the money to shoot the videos of some of my songs. I was left with £20; they were offering me £365,000, but I turned it down. The reason I did that was because my value was not dependent on what was in my account.

“Till today, I use Uber but I do not care and by the way, I don’t even pay for the ride because I was given Uber credit. But if you see me in the Uber vehicle and feel that Mr Eazi is poor, what is my business (with that)? For instance, everybody around me has cars, and besides, I buy cars for people. If it makes sense for me to use an Uber, why should I drive? Why would I pay about N100m for a car that I would probably drive just five times a year?

“There are better things to do with that money. In the short time I have spent on earth, I have made a lot of money. While I was into mining, I had so much money that I was living at a place that was a stone’s throw away from the airport in Accra and I was paying my rent in dollars.

“I was making a lot of money. That shows you how expensive it was but I went from there to squatting with my friend in a one-room apartment. I was sleeping on the floor in his room. Also, when I was doing the business of selling beverages, we started with a crate and in a short while, we began to import four containers every two weeks. From importing four containers every two weeks, we went back to nothing. In my life, I have had ups and down. If my self-worth was based on material things, I would have killed myself.”

The singer admitted that he had received a lot of backlash on social media simply because of his relationship with Temi, one of the daughters of a billionaire oil magnate, Femi Otedola.

However, Mr Eazi said such things would never faze him.

“People can say what they want to say and if you want to let everything they say about you bother you, then you are not going to live, especially when you are in the public eye.

“You have to realise that as an entertainer, your life becomes a form of entertainment to others. I really do not care about what anybody thinks. He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world, so why care about what the world is saying?” The singer said.

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2019/01/why-i-dont-own-a-car-mr-eazi/

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by made4naijamusic: 2:33am On Jan 19, 2019
Ghananian Police & A 14 Year Old Girl Sex Tape Leaked Online Watch Video

https://www.made4naija.com/2019/01/ghananian-police-a-14-year-old-girl-sex-tape-leaked-online-video/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by GisterBlogger: 3:35am On Jan 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by smoke9910(m): 3:38am On Jan 19, 2019
As long as you keep riding Temi well, you do not need one angry angry

86 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by LordKO(m): 5:10am On Jan 19, 2019
Most people will not agree with him on the importance/need of living a minimalistic and selfless lifestyle, or imagine the fulfilment and inner peace one can garner when living life at the periphery of conventionalism - especially when one has almost seen it all or has the means, directly or indirectly, to get almost the best of anything out there. With this choice of lifestyle, strife and depression won't be his thing, irrespective of where the wind of life may toss him again in the future; Change remains the only constant thing in life, and the best way to prepare for it is by conquering oneself and being unassumingly real.

If you had lived this kind of lifestyle while having riches under your feet but suddenly almost lose it all, then, you'll begin to appreciate it (the lifestyle) more. Because in such a scenario, you'll almost unassumingly feel unperturbed as if nothing happened because your inner peace didn't go with the unfavourable change. So also the public will not know of your moment of challenges unless consciously pronounced by oneself.

Personally, I lost an approximately ten million U.S. dollars self-built business empire/investment at a relatively young age at a point in time, so I understand perfectly well the importance and benefit of this kind of lifestyle since it's an integral part of my anima.

In summary, fulfilment and inner peace are certain, irrespective of the direction of any change, once one lives life at the periphery of conventionalism, especially when doing so conscientiously.

224 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Exwizard: 7:25am On Jan 19, 2019
After reading this, Linda and Emoney comes to mind.... Those. Can die for luxury cars

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Sirmuel1(m): 7:27am On Jan 19, 2019
Nonsense. cheesy

Abi the Baba say make you no buy Car. Better confess cheesy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Charmingrascal(m): 7:37am On Jan 19, 2019
You mean Eazi said all those trash up there? No sense in what I read up there, the only people that will find sense in this are the "vanity gang" they will say everything is vanity. This is not living a simple life it is a spiritual problem. He doesn't have a car wat nonsense.

Any power that says I will not enjoy my money die by fire.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by itiswellandwell: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2019
In summary, Mr eazi does not fancy owing a car.
Further illustration, Mr eazi is allergic to owing a car.
Lastly, all thanks to Uber for safe transport of our Eazi.
Finally, this is a small advert for Uber. People will now see Uber in another light that it's safe and secured.

Check my signature for air shipping from Nigeria to UK, USA, CANADA and all European countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Kk4(m): 8:03am On Jan 19, 2019
This kind of musicians don't go broke when the are old or out of shine. Live within your means and you will forever be happy.
Nice one Mr Eazi

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by ruggedtimi(m): 8:19am On Jan 19, 2019
make sense die!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by ruggedtimi(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2019
Charmingrascal:
You mean Eazi said all those trash up there? No sense in what I read up there, the only people that will find sense in this are the "vanity gang" they will say everything is vanity. This is not living a simple life it is a spiritual problem. He doesn't have a car wat nonsense.

Any power that says I will not enjoy my money die by fire.
not owning a car doesn't mean he is not enjoying his money. He spends his money on better things

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by femi4: 8:27am On Jan 19, 2019
smoke9910:
As long as you keep riding Teni Temi well, you do not need one angry angry

1 Like

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by ShakurM(m): 8:28am On Jan 19, 2019
I have always known this guy is a smart nigga

'Fake it till you make it, me I did the opposite, made it then I faked it' cool

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Elnino4ladies: 8:34am On Jan 19, 2019
Zaga what This guy talks too much

4 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:36am On Jan 19, 2019
Right from when I sang my very first song, someone offered me N80m record deal but I turned it down and at the time, I did not have N300,000 in my account.
My first record deal offer from the UK was £356,000, I turned it down but at the time, I had done a tour and the total amount I earned was £12,500. I used the money to shoot the videos of some of my songs. I was left with £20; they were offering me £365,000, but I turned it down

You turned down 80 MILLION Naira and later turned down £356,000 (over 200 MILLION Naira) again?!

Okay, All the best Eazi.
You are really living your name!
Its a personal CHOICE.
Believe in what you do and do what you BELIEVE in.
Odiegwu!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by MrMystrO(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2019
I love Mr Eazi maaan

2 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by IIKELLY(m): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2019
Such humility frm a celebrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2019
You no get Car nah House you go con get ?

Mumuish.

This is not humility as some people assume. It's true we don't have right to judge people's choices but there are things that make a man look irresponsible. Is he trying to tell us he will take his future children to school daily using Uber?

How will he own a house if he doesn't own a car ?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by traffwire: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2019
Lol
Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by sayisayi(m): 8:41am On Jan 19, 2019
LordKO:
Most people will not agree with him on the importance/need of living a minimalistic and selfless lifestyle, or imagine the fulfilment and inner peace one can garner when living life at the periphery of conventionalism - especially when one has almost seen it all or has the means, directly or indirectly, to get almost the best of anything out there. With this choice of lifestyle, strife and depression won't be his thing, irrespective of where the wind of life may toss him again in the future; Change remains the only constant thing in life, and the best way to prepare for it is by conquering oneself and being unassumingly real.

If you had lived this kind of lifestyle while having riches under your feet but suddenly almost lose it all, then, you'll begin to appreciate it (the lifestyle) more. Because in such a scenario, you'll almost unassumingly feel unperturbed as if nothing happened because your inner peace didn't go with the unfavourable change. So also the public will not know of your moment of challenges unless consciously pronounced by oneself.

Personally, I lost an approximately ten million U.S. dollars self-built business empire/investment at a relatively young age at a point in time, so I understand perfectly well the importance and benefit of this kind of lifestyle since it's an integral part of my anima.

In summary, fulfilment and inner peace are certain, irrespective of the direction of any change, once one lives life at the periphery of conventionalism, especially when doing so conscientiously.

Bros, 95% will miss the wisdom in your message. Modern generations only look for material attainment, without even realising we have a bank account linked to peace and fulfillment...

9 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by elclassical(m): 8:41am On Jan 19, 2019
bigger u my man
Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by kaen1317: 8:42am On Jan 19, 2019
Your forming is too much

4 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 19, 2019
This guy lies too much. He's been caught telling this kind of lies before. I suspect He's a game player and a strategist.

5 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by Topmaike007(m): 8:42am On Jan 19, 2019
When otedola pikin dey give am free ride,how do you think he will be able to own a car...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by SolexxBarry(m): 8:43am On Jan 19, 2019
I love this guy's charisma,and his awesome sound

Guys anticipate my new song,thanks
Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by shachris02: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2019
This guy is smart tho.
Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by olioxx(m): 8:44am On Jan 19, 2019
Mr Eazi, abeg who ask you queshion. Iffa slap you ehn

2 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by noble71(m): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2019
shocked It's your choice man! But I can't cus mobility is necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Eazi: I Don’t Own A Car, I Use Uber by IprintMONEY: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2019
this guy is a real yahoo boy. he applied his yahoo on teni. very sharp guy.
it is called facee. if you dont know, you dont know. dont ask me

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo & Joseph Yobo Lead Jonathan’s Campaign In Rivers (Photo) / DJ Enimoney And Iwalewa Ojebiyi Expecting Their First Child (Photos) / DJ Cuppy Rings Opening Bell At New York Stock Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.