Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria (20621 Views)

How To Start Cashew Export Business / Inefficiency At Apapa Port Gridlock Puts $300 Million Cashew Export At Risk / Cashew Export Master Class. Enroll Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by TrendingAccount: 4:47am On Jan 19, 2019
The push by Nigeria to grow her non-oil export suffered a big setback when her 37,000 tonnes of cashew exported to Vietnam were rejected due to high price of the commodity.

This was revealed by the Deputy Executive Secretary, Federation of Agricultural Commodity Associations of Nigeria (FACAN), Mr. Peter Bakare. He said the price volatility was due to lack of conducive business environment.
He said this made the price of raw cashew from Nigeria to be higher than the price of finished product in the international markets.

“The banks in Vietnam that usually provide the loans to their buyers for purchase complained that the prices of the finished products are less than the price of raw materials.

“The Vietnam financial institutions, therefore, backed out of the business, stressing that it is not a profitable venture for its farmers, so the produce are stuck in Vietnam now,’’ he said.

Mr Bakare noted that over 67,000 tonnes of cashew were also still lying in the warehouse in Nigeria. However, he said the Nigerian hibiscus flower, popularly called ‘Zobo,’ adjudged to be one of the best in the world, was in high demand internationally.

Some countries are using it as base for their wine production or as drinks, he said, noting that measures were being put in place to safeguard the export of the flower to ensure that exporters were complying with the sanitary and phytosanitary requirements of ‘Zobo’ in the international markets.

He also said that the demand for Nigeria’s Shea butter is high in the international market. “It is estimated that it could generate more than two billion dollars annually if well harnessed for large scale production, Bakare said.

He said FECAN as the apex body for over 45 commodity associations in Nigeria, was doing its best to serve as a one-stop shop to link farmers and the private sector operators.

SOURCE: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/01/vietnam-rejects-37-000-tonnes-of-cashew.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 19, 2019
Bad news surrounds the lifeless one these days. An Omen of his calibre at the seat of power will only translate ill luck, misery and poverty to nigerians.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by BeiFangLaye(m): 5:10am On Jan 19, 2019
With this I bet agriculture would soon take over

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by MCMXCVIII(m): 5:10am On Jan 19, 2019
Chai!
Even awa own cashew is suffering racism.
What did it do to Vietnam?!!
Racist!!

29 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by BuhariAdvocate: 5:13am On Jan 19, 2019
I blame PDP for that.they caused it all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Mcreloaded(m): 6:43am On Jan 19, 2019
Before the cashew left Nigeria for Vietnam did the supplier and buyer not negotiate the price.
This is the first time in my life I am hearing that a product is being rejected by a buyer after being supplied because if high price.
Or is it me that did not read the post well?

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by kross01(m): 6:55am On Jan 19, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Before the cashew left Nigeria for Vietnam did the supplier and buyer not negotiate the price.
This is the first time in my life I am hearing that a product is being rejected by a buyer after being supplied because if high price.
My dear sometimes the things our journalists put out there for people to read begs the question if they at all went to the most basic of schools. How on earth does one export a product without agreeing financial terms before hand? If they had cited health inspection as reason, it would have even made some sense maybe the cashews got bad in transit but no, they said its price like Nigeria took the cashews to go hawk in "international market". anyway, this is election year so a lot of stupid write ups will always flood everywhere

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 19, 2019
Cashew can last for years when well stored in warehouses

7 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Governordeb: 8:17am On Jan 19, 2019
Mcreloaded:
You are 100% right. That was the exact same tin i was thinking. You mean the supplier and the buyer did not conclude on the price before the product left Naija? Na wa o

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by rusher14: 8:34am On Jan 19, 2019
The story doesn't add up.

5 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2019
“The banks in Vietnam that usually provide the loans to their buyers for purchase complained that the prices of the finished products are less than the price of raw materials.
The Vietnam financial institutions, therefore, backed out of the business, stressing that it is not a profitable venture for its farmers, so the produce are stuck in Vietnam now,’’ he said.
We guess the popular business niche 'AGREEMENT IS AGREEMENT doesnt apply in Vietnam!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2019
Even our cashew is now regarded as LIFELESS

2 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by peter1994(m): 9:05am On Jan 19, 2019
They're trying to Arm-strong us into selling cheap

3 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Bizmagnet: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2019
Do they really think our products must be cheat to their state? Funny people.
Need a website/blog/software? Contact mysignature for contacts.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by kollinz1234(m): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2019
This is the worst week for Buhari and APC, I wish the week will not finish now grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2019
Believe me agric can save us in this country. The white men will buy our raw agric product process it and still bring it back to this country but this time he will sell it in high price higher than the price of the raw product.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 19, 2019
fake news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by wethebest(m): 9:08am On Jan 19, 2019
Ehen
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by MrImole: 9:08am On Jan 19, 2019
This is...

SHOCKING!!!
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by aishapmbtoto: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2019
Everything about the dullard...

6 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by noni14(m): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2019
make them bring am back make we eat na
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by callthefred: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2019
The article clearly said the cashew are still in warehouses in Nigeria.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by KINGwax007(m): 9:11am On Jan 19, 2019
Due to the high cost.

I tell them, Dem no go hear.

If u know what a tonne of cocoa is from Nigeria, you'll nealise that the farmers are pushing it.

Same.with others aggro export commodities.

They just put a high cost on it, since the government policy is favouring them just to become rich overnight!

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by diadem10: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2019
Vietnam want to lowball us to sell cheap. Everybodi dey recession, even Canada just got out of it.

How I wish Buhari was in power when crude oil was selling at 110 dollars, not the 50 dollars we have today. I won't say God should purnish that buffoon called Jonathan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Viergeachar: 9:14am On Jan 19, 2019
Let's munch it back home, abeg.

As if we have even had enough... angry

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by AfroBlue(m): 9:16am On Jan 19, 2019
dem (vietnam) angry that 9ja has become self-sufficient in rice production. grin
take a bow rice farmers, GEJ and his successor.

i doubt the cashews were shipped without the proper business export/import letters of credit.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by 27Pushing30: 9:17am On Jan 19, 2019
kross01:

My dear sometimes the things our journalists put out there for people to read begs the question if they at all went to the most basic of schools. How on earth does one export a product without agreeing financial terms before hand? If they had cited health inspection as reason, it would have even made some sense maybe the cashews got bad in transit but no, they said its price like Nigeria took the cashews to go hawk in "international market". anyway, this is election year so a lot of stupid write ups will always flood everywhere

I just read am dey laugh
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by obonujoker(m): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2019
Huh...buh Buhari has integrity... Yoruba Muslim
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by ossaisly(m): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2019
cashew season starts from February to may, after that till the next year. The rejection, is for the last season or for this coming season? Cashew is one agricultural produce that does not stay long in storage, it will deteriorate. so after staying with them for more 7months, they are now rejecting it? or are they telling us what they rejected last season? And if they actually rejected it, why has my company not seen its own exported cashew?

2 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2019
How hard can it be to finish the product in this country?

We're just doing ourselves. Nobody is doing us.

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by zinizta: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2019
FreddyKruger:
Bad news surrounds the lifeless one these days. An Omen of his calibre at the seat of power will only translate ill luck, misery and poverty to nigerians.

your thoughts are a bad omen to yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by fatytoy333(m): 9:23am On Jan 19, 2019
post=74905437:

We guess the popular business niche 'AGREEMENT IS AGREEMENT doesnt apply in Vietnam!

No! That's not the case, this was not particular to Vietnam, the same thing with India. It's about the same price issue. The reason why Nigeria as a country couldn't find herself among the top exporting nation is because of over bloated prices, the prices of commodities coming from Nigeria finds it difficult to compete in the international market with same produce coming from other countries. In all sincerity we are the ones shooting ourselves in the foot. I deal in export so I know what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks Refuse Naira Payment From Etisalat Nigeria / Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics / Banks’ Customers Lose Fortunes As Insiders Mine Data For Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.