Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria (20637 Views)

How To Start Cashew Export Business / Inefficiency At Apapa Port Gridlock Puts $300 Million Cashew Export At Risk / Cashew Export Master Class. Enroll Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2019
kollinz1234:
This is the worst week for Buhari and APC, I wish the week will not finish now grin grin grin
Honestly grin
TODAY will mark the
“EL CLASSICO” of all DISASTERS.
We should be expecting the ARRIVAL of our presidential Candidate, GREAT OGBORU of the APC.

A DISGRACE to NIGERIANS.
Any University Graduate supporting this Man is purely wicked and doesn’t mean well for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Ishilove: 9:27am On Jan 19, 2019
I don't understand. Wasn't there supposed to be a price agreement before shipping the products? undecided Story doesn't quite add up

2 Likes

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Landman: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2019
kross01:

My dear sometimes the things our journalists put out there for people to read begs the question if they at all went to the most basic of schools. How on earth does one export a product without agreeing financial terms before hand? If they had cited health inspection as reason, it would have even made some sense maybe the cashews got bad in transit but no, they said its price like Nigeria took the cashews to go hawk in "international market". anyway, this is election year so a lot of stupid write ups will always flood everywhere
... My bros u are right.. Am into d bussiness and i know how it goes.. They must b agreement btween a buyer and a seller... it is sometime, agreed on FOB

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Sholaco: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2019
FreddyKruger:
Bad news surrounds the lifeless one these days. An Omen of his calibre at the seat of power will only translate ill luck, misery and poverty to nigerians.
u will v to forced yourself to commit suicide by d time buhari win come February
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by teemy(m): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2019
post=74905437:

We guess the popular business niche 'AGREEMENT IS AGREEMENT doesnt apply in Vietnam!
A law suit might be knocking if this is not resolved according to agreement. There is the chance it could but politically motivated.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by teemy(m): 9:30am On Jan 19, 2019
callthefred:
The article clearly said the cashew are still in warehouses in Nigeria.
The remaining batch.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Jan 19, 2019
fatytoy333:

No! That's not the case, this was not particular to Vietnam, the same thing with India. It's about the same price issue. The reason why Nigeria as a country couldn't find herself among the top exporting nation is because of over bloated prices, the prices of commodities coming from Nigeria finds it difficult to compete in the international market with same produce coming from other countries. In all sincerity we are the ones shooting ourselves in the foot. I deal in export so I know what I'm talking about.
Since you are in the exporting world, then we believe you are right in all what you typed.
You know more obviously.
In that case, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should do something about that ASAP.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:31am On Jan 19, 2019
teemy:

A law suit might be knocking if this is not resolved according to agreement. There is the chance it could but politically motivated.
Someone above gave more insight into it all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by educhigo: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2019
fear of ebola,soon every countries will reject our president
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by teemy(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2019
beamtopola:
Believe me agric can save us in this country. The white men will buy our raw agric product process it and still bring it back to this country but this time he will sell it in high price higher than the price of the raw product.
The bad side of the chain of produce delivery here is our manufacturing costs are high especially due to power. At the end, our prices kick up.
The world is a competitive customer ground. We have to do better or get left behind.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 19, 2019
That was last season
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by koyeni(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2019
shocked
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by israelmao(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2019
They rejected yam and now they rejected.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by uuzba(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2019
MCMXCVIII:
Chai!
Even awa own cashew is suffering racism.
What did it do to Vietnam?!!
Racist!!
You're trying to be funny?
Well, we produced the cashew in an inefficient way which led to high cost of production. Probably other nations plant and harvest with some robot/drone automated something that brings down production cost. It will take a while for our production costs to come down.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by 2LESS(m): 9:49am On Jan 19, 2019
It's high time our country started processing these raw agricultural produce into finished products, otherwise the same thing happening in the oil sector will step in.
No country grows by only exporting raw materials. This is why most countries blessed with natural resources are still in poverty, DRC is a perfect example.

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by wink2015(m): 9:49am On Jan 19, 2019
TrendingAccount:
The push by Nigeria to grow her non-oil export suffered a big setback when her 37,000 tonnes of cashew exported to Vietnam were rejected due to high price of the commodity.

This was revealed by the Deputy Executive Secretary, Federation of Agricultural Commodity Associations of Nigeria (FACAN), Mr. Peter Bakare. He said the price volatility was due to lack of conducive business environment.
He said this made the price of raw cashew from Nigeria to be higher than the price of finished product in the international markets.

“The banks in Vietnam that usually provide the loans to their buyers for purchase complained that the prices of the finished products are less than the price of raw materials.

“The Vietnam financial institutions, therefore, backed out of the business, stressing that it is not a profitable venture for its farmers, so the produce are stuck in Vietnam now,’’ he said.

Mr Bakare noted that over 67,000 tonnes of cashew were also still lying in the warehouse in Nigeria. However, he said the Nigerian hibiscus flower, popularly called ‘Zobo,’ adjudged to be one of the best in the world, was in high demand internationally.

Some countries are using it as base for their wine production or as drinks, he said, noting that measures were being put in place to safeguard the export of the flower to ensure that exporters were complying with the sanitary and phytosanitary requirements of ‘Zobo’ in the international markets.

He also said that the demand for Nigeria’s Shea butter is high in the international market. “It is estimated that it could generate more than two billion dollars annually if well harnessed for large scale production, Bakare said.

He said FECAN as the apex body for over 45 commodity associations in Nigeria, was doing its best to serve as a one-stop shop to link farmers and the private sector operators.

SOURCE: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/01/vietnam-rejects-37-000-tonnes-of-cashew.html

THIS IS A LESSON TO OUR POLITICAL LEADERSHIP WHO MISUSED CRUDE OIL MONEY WHICH OFFER US A CHEAP AND EASY ALTERNATIVE TO AGRICULTURAL EARNINGS.

WE WILL GET THERE WITH BETTER SUPPORT FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:
I don't understand. Wasn't there supposed to be a price agreement before shipping the products? undecided Story doesn't quite add up

They didn't show up @ all..and the few that came left without buying..it was last season though. The season starts again in march or end of feBUHARI
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by uuzba(m): 9:51am On Jan 19, 2019
teemy:

The bad side of the chain of produce delivery here is our manufacturing costs are high especially due to power. At the end, our prices kick up.
The world is a competitive customer ground. We have to do better or get left behind.
The solution to all this is infrastructure. Roads, railway, electricity and maintenance.
But more important, I feel that any time the Government sets out to fix these infrastructure, villages, chiefs and upset youth hijack the projects, demand compensation.... This all leads to the costs going up. I cry because If I was a village chief, dying in hunger, probably I too would hikack govt project that crosses my land.
All villagers in Nigeria need employment, productions facilites, be it toothpick or iron rod. When everyone is busy, then they stop disturbing govt projects and infrastructure gets built to improve efficiency of other products.

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Joyrise: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2019
FreddyKruger:
Bad news surrounds the lifeless one these days. An Omen of his calibre at the seat of power will only translate ill luck, misery and poverty to nigerians.

Why is all ur comment is directed at another person's father. Don't u have a father?
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by pinkbarby: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2019
ghen ghen... Hell Is Real... Heaven Is Not Scam.... Where Will You Spend Eternity?
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by xelly: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2019
After listening/watching that Buhari town hall meeting, will you accept anything from NIGERIA? Just tell yourself the truth.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2019
Exploring the commodity market in Nigeria can be challenging. Multi taxation from local, state and federal government, village youths, the long chain of agberos, health, even fire service makes the prizes of products from Nigeria higher than like commodities from other countries.
We can't be talking of agriculture revolution when our products can't compete with international prizes.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by uuzba(m): 10:01am On Jan 19, 2019
wink2015:

THIS IS A LESSON TO OUR POLITICAL LEADERSHIP WHO MISUSED CRUDE OIL MONEY WHICH OFFER US A CHEAP AND EASY ALTERNATIVE TO AGRICULTURAL EARNINGS.

WE WILL GET THERE WITH BETTER SUPPORT FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
Nigeria is so far behind western world. The moment cheap crude oil money lands our pocket, the FIRST THING is to buy shoe, watch, phone, car. Luxury goods. Intstead of production equipment for these goods. We want to measure up to western world by having and wearing fancy luxury gadgets.
The best thing would have been to send [spies] into Europe to learn all their production techniques and equipment, then return to Nigeria and show us how to replicate such goods here. Chinese and Japanese did this. They never knew how to make cars (Toyota etc). The dub/copied everything from America.

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by stankezzy: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2019
The issue here is that there are always an agreement between the seller and the buyer but we all know that now the world is a global village , they the outside world know very well what is happening in most countries even in nigeria , if u decide to choose an uneducated and un qualified leader and does not respect the rule of law , how do u think that anybody will take u serious? The way u take ur self is d way people will take u , I can't imagine USA , ghana even sout Africa exporting something to them and they deal with them like this , it is almost impossible
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Hotzone(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2019
Contract documents suppose to have been perfected before exportation
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by uuzba(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2019
stankezzy:
The issue here is that there are always an agreement between the seller and the buyer but we all know that now the world is a global village , they the outside world know very well what is happening in most countries even in nigeria , if u decide to choose an uneducated and un qualified leader and does not respect the rule of law , how do u think that anybody will take u serious? The way u take ur self is d way people will take u , I can't imagine USA , ghana even sout Africa exporting something to them and they deal with them like this , it is almost impossible
Then why did we(you) choose an uneducated and unqualified leader? Does Nigeria not have the highest number of graduates and PHD holders in the world? Why are educated people choosing idiot to lead them? Maybe the Educated people are also stupid and shallow minded. OR they are just afraid to sit in power and lead others.

1 Like

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by stankezzy: 10:17am On Jan 19, 2019
uuzba:

Nigeria is so far behind western world. The moment cheap crude oil money lands our pocket, the FIRST THING is to buy shoe, watch, phone, car. Luxury goods. Intstead of production equipment for these goods. We want to measure up to western world by having and wearing fancy luxury gadgets.
The best thing would have been to send [spies] into Europe to learn all their production techniques and equipment, then return to Nigeria and show us how to replicate such goods here. Chinese and Japanese did this. They never knew how to make cars (Toyota etc). The dub/copied everything from America.
who are u going to send?, the tribe that are technical that can do that are not in power so they will not be sent and the ruling tribes are not technical , does not go to school , and can't do it , do u think they will send ur tribe so that tomorrow u come to over shadow them , that is the problem why nigeria will remain undeveloped for a long time , long time ago as an engineer I did my internship in an oil company shevron ,70% of their doctors are yorubas , 90% of their engineers are igbos , their human resource and managements are 60% yorubas , through out my stay there I only met one notherner from benue
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 19, 2019
kross01:

My dear sometimes the things our journalists put out there for people to read begs the question if they at all went to the most basic of schools. How on earth does one export a product without agreeing financial terms before hand? If they had cited health inspection as reason, it would have even made some sense maybe the cashews got bad in transit but no, they said its price like Nigeria took the cashews to go hawk in "international market". anyway, this is election year so a lot of stupid write ups will always flood everywhere

Have you considered the fact that Nigeria might be the one seeking emerging market for her agricultural products just like the market woman at oyingbo or mile 12 market who goes to interior market to buy wares to resell at the aforesaid said Lagos market.

Perhaps it was us who is forcing it and who is creating the demand for the product and not Vietnam who needs and craves for the product per say.

Hence we took it to them and not them coming here to get it which is the angle you are seeing things from cos that's how it ought to be.

But then again who be Nigeria when fit muscle such power when we have a shity economy when when we have good products.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Fidelismaria: 10:50am On Jan 19, 2019
angry sad

The experts have spoken

Got nothing more to say

But I got a question tho can't these products be consumed domestically?
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2019
Joyrise:

Why is all ur comment is directed at another person's father. Don't u have a father?

I won't pray for a father that has put 20million people out of jobs and whose government has seen more than 100,000 Nigerians lose their lives through bokoharam, fulani herdsmen and the army. Trust me u won't wish for that too.
Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by armadeo(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2019
kross01:

Re: Vietnam Rejects Cashew Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 19, 2019
[s]
Sholaco:
u will v to forced yourself to commit suicide by d time buhari win come February
[/s]

I hope ure refrigerating your own sniper. Better keep it for failbuhari next month grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dollars To Hajj Pilgrims: CBN To Lose N7.6bn Tax Payers' Money - Nairametrics / 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail / FG Bans Importation Of Packaged Tomato Paste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.