Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,648 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing (2778 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Allege Plot To Incite Health Workers Against Buhari / PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon / Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by beolay2k: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2010
Do you know that Nigerian Doctors who graduated in Nigeria can not practice in the U.S? Reason been that they are murderers and their value for life is zero, they are money lovers than the way it is been seen outside this Country. I will give you three reasons why they should be killed. I have records of at least two incidents within a month where people brought to the hospital die for the sake of no value for life.

A colleague of mine in the office (Mr. Olusoga of the Bureau of Urban and Physical Planning Department Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta) died just because his friends that rushed him to the hospital couldn’t pay an instant N40, 000 which they wanted to pay N22, 000 and get the rest from their account. They told them that they will not attend to him until the money is completed and that was how he died.

Secondly just last week a 21 years old second semester 500 level student of the University of Ibadan, Department of Forestry (Pius) who on Wednesday slummed and was rushed to the Jaja Hospital in the University premises died because the people that rushed him to the hospital could not produce is University ID card.

Please let the Authorities of our Nigerian Educational system scrap this profession before we would start to kill ourselves oooooooooo cos if God forbid it happens to me, I will kill and kill every doctors and Nurses that I ever come across and I know the Nigerian police will never be able to locate me.

Concerned citizen of Nigeria on Health Issue.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2010
But Nigeria needs the insurance scheme so much,Ghana is already implementing the national schenme insurance ,and you get treatment despitate your status and purse.We dont lead in developmental issues in Africa,we are just a gaint by population.You have just mentioned 2 people ,i have my own records as well.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by agitator: 11:37am On Aug 14, 2010
Na today your eyes open?

Nigerians always defend the indefensible until it affects them, their relatives, close pals, etc.

at government hospitals in the niger delta you pay according to who is attending to you

doctor A operation charge N50K, doctor B same operation N60K, doctor C, doctor d, etc
nursing care nurse A - N500/day, nurse B - N700/day, nurse c, nurse d, etc
blood test, lab attendant A, Lab att B, etc
same for all categories of workers at the government general hospitals. no pay forget
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by beolay2k: 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2010
I dont know the second victim in person i really just felt so bad about how the so called life savers are becoming life takers
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by reindeer: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2010
Its is wrong morally and otherwise for a doctor/hospitals not to attend to emergencies regardless, but the fact that this practice goes on just shows the poor treatment being given in many private hospitals.
Such doesnt happen frequently in govt hospitals, a least i worked in two govt hospitals before leaving the country.
and for the OP, it is a very ignorant statement that NIgerians doctors cannot practice in the US or any other country for that matter,you should have done some intellectual activity before making such a misguided statement, well i can understand the poster is just bereaved and is just speaking emotions and not reason.Thousands of Nigerian trained doctors practice in the US and here in the UK.what you need to ask is why they are doing well here and not back at home especially since they mostly trained in Nigeria, an understanding of these will help you get a clear picture of what the problem(s) is/are.
Sorry about your loss but you should not ignore the real enemy here, that is your uncaring govt who you'll still line up in the sun to vote for and shout about, those who run here to treat malaria,those whose mothers and sisters come here for every delivery(we see them all the time).
You should be demanding for a better health sector right now.

However if you do have evidence that these people didn't treat your patient well, you should write to the medical and dental council of Nigeria and seek a redress and not just scream on an internet forum.You have a right to be served well and you should know and exercise those rights but to make uneducated statements while seeking a scapegoat for your grief will not be doing any service to your thinking abilities.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by beolay2k: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2010
@reindeer. Pls dont get it wrong that Nigerian Doctors dont practice in the U.S or U.K maybei didnt realy break it down the way i should what i am saying here is they can not do what they do here in the states that you have mentioned. i know a couple of Doctors that are Nigerians and are doing well over there but that is because they have the real idea of what the practice is all about (Life savers) not that stupid mentality tht they have here.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by reindeer: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2010
You are quite right.
There are many reasons why this is so.
There is better supervision over here, your work is scrutinised all the time.
The patients are better informed and know a lot about their conditions
There is motivation, i mean i'm not sure they still pay doctors up to 120k in nija and even nurses are not well paid too compared to their earning power here.
there is a functional health insurance that at least ensures you are taken care of in an emergency, how is the guy with private hospital in Nigeria expected to pay workers when after treating people they start to beg him saying his work is ''humanitarian'' as if he can feed his family with that.
lastly
here they make you go through stringent qualification before you earn a licence to practice, in Nigeria,the medical schools are awash with people who shouldn't be there in the first place, saw many people pass through med school just cos they probably are the children of lecturers or the ''let my people go'' philosophy.
Asides that some govts in Nigeria bring in foreign doctors all the time without proper practising licences especially in the north, there was once a time one ukraine trained doctor nearly killed a relative of mine in benin.

I must admit the situation is very sad and we all have to work together to make things better and this includes seeking a redress from erring doctors or hospitals.You do have rights and you shouldnt take it sitting,you should jettison the ''maybe that's how God wants it'' mentality that makes people take rubbish.
sue, seek redress then you'll be saving someone else in future from terrible hospital and health staff.
Sorry about your loss(es).
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by beolay2k: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2010
@reindeer Thanks
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by agitator: 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2010
@ reindeer

Why is it that you people like to live in denial? Because you worked in a government hospital doesn't mean these thing are not happening. Like i commented earlier, it's only when it happens to somebody close to you that you people like to admit it's happening and a wrong way to operate.

how many government hospitals do you think you will go into and they will start operation in an emergency?

Obj never knew the federal lawmakers were corrupt until now
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
what is the way forward now ,because many women are dieing just because they want to have babies,life expentancy is very short in Nigeria.Life is put at 47 and 56 for women ,this is bad .Some hospitals receive donations of equipemnts that they cannot operate,electricity is still a problem.The doctors are part of the larger society as well,they have to foot the bills of their familes as well.

Insurance is very important in Nigeria,once you are give 2 million as fees ,its like you will die ,Knau assisted people to go as far as india for heart surgery,without him what would have happend to does children.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by reindeer: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2010
It isnt living in denial
and i never said bad things dont happen, i only commented on the likelihood.
I have seen things and i can boldly tell you,if i were to be in Nigeria, id rather still go a govt hospital than overpriced private ones with medical officers and a handful of visiting consultants who come in from the same public hospitals.I know what obtains there.
Do you ask yourself why emergency surgeries are delayed at times?Do you know that hardly do you have a teaching hospital in NIgeria with up to 10 functional operating theatres?Do you know that there is absolutely nothing doctors can do when light goes off during surgeries?or when the blood bank cant crossmatch blood when theres no light?
You should realise that there are many factors beyond the working of the staff in these hospitals you criticise all the time, they are putting in their best working with very little resources.
There is no denying that there are bad eggs,no, but mostly its a reflection of the systemic failure of the Nigerian society.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by foal: 12:53am On Aug 15, 2010
[b]There is no denying that there are bad eggs,no, but mostly its a reflection of the systemic failure of the Nigerian society.[size=8pt][/size]

Reindeer has given a summary of the true situation!
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by beolay2k: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2010
Thanks for your contributions all am agitating for is a least first aid treatment to even try to see if the person will respond and leave aside the money first issue even if the person will still die at least let us know that the doctors have human feelings in them.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by whiteroses(f): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2010
i know you are upset but they will not all be killed, at least they kept mass number of people alive, this is africa they'll get there even though they could be better, i also know someone that got in an accident doctors sent him home, they said he's fine that he is not in pain and they did xray no broken bones, he got home complained of headache and gbam! he died, turns out he's been bleeding heavily internally. sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by beolay2k: 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
Just imagine
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by oxypress: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2010
Please dont kill all the doctors because half bread is better than none. Because I am a doctor and if you kill me how will I be able to save a life by operating with candle and lamp even in a teaching hospital environment? How will I be able to operate on a patient with water from the well and sterilising equipment with cooking pot? Please I can go on and on without stopping. Even the doctor from Ukrain does not deserve to die also. You become a doctor from experience, training on the job and not from what you know at the medical school. You must not also forget your passion for the job. Medical practice can be seen from two angles. The love of money and the love for humanity. If you love the money you will be killing patients in any way possible. If you love your neighbour then you will be giving all your time , money, sweat and blood to your patients. You can even die in the course of making a sacrifice to patient. A good doctor is not rich. The rich ones dont practice the real medicine we are talking about. We know ourselves. In Nigeria some people here sign for up to N6,000,000 (six million} to go to Europe and America to treat malaria of N200.(two hundred)
Please before all doctors are killed first start from up. The very top who dont want the people to live by denying them water , electricity, roads, schools, our votes, hospitals, houses, food etc, etc, etc. If all these are in place there is no way things will go up side down like one trying to acquire ten houses, ten cars etc etc.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by topup: 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2010
This is so true, I am sure many of them still believe strongly in the 'local medicines' too (outside their practice).

I have had 3 relatives die because of medics not knowing what to do, simple things that my mother who happens to be in the medical field in the UK, was agonizing over because they are the types of conditions that there are set ways of dealing with them, and easily curable.

A terminated pregnancy
A bleeding stomach
A careless cataract operation
etc,

Standard procedures elsewhere in the world.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing by tpiah: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2010
did the op make any complaint to the hospitals involved?

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Gave Birth To Strenge Looking Baby In Zimbabwe ( Graphic Pictures ) / Penile Varicose Vein And What You Need To Know / "Enviromental Problems And Issue Of Concern In Northern Nigeria" By Baba Ali Mu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.