Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. (17710 Views)

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Male Doctors Making Passes At Female Patients / Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by luka1981(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
it is very annoiying to me seeing my wife opening her privates for a male doctor in the name of pregnancy check up. sometimes they have to insert their fingers for more than 1 hour looking for what i don't know. is there no enough female gyneacologist for that special work? i wonder how many women privates part they must have seen in just one year, countless.  they will even have to give  some beutiful women bed in order to continue enjoiying what they are doing. i mean this is not funny and the authority is not worried about this. i am a christian but i demand a sharia law in this. female doctors for women while male doctors for male. temptation should be avoided.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by ronkebp(f): 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
Seriously? dirty minded fellow.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
why dont you treat her yourself.lol

2 Likes

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by doctokwus: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
U must b gay
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by luka1981(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
are you guys maried or single? i mean have you really experience what i am talking about? i mean the european standard. if everybody is comfortable with it then something is wrong with nairaland because i have seen a nigerian lady who refused to be controlled by male doctor until her husband is near.

i need contributions from fathers and mothers please. not from young and unexperience people.

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Outstrip(f): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
I prefer male obstetricians. They are professionals. I am sure that if it a matter of life and death you will not care if it is giraffe that is saving someones life

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by luka1981(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
Outstrip:

I prefer male obstetricians. They are professionals. I am sure that if it a matter of life and death you will not care if it is giraffe that is saving someones life

then you must have been enjoying the insertion of fingers by the male doctors, lol.

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Acidosis(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
^ ^ ^ shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by mission08: 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
luka1981:

then you must have been enjoying the insertion of fingers by the male doctors, lol.

That was uncalled for.

But seriously some people are not comfortable with this situation at all. I for one, but do I have a choice? There are higher number of male doctors than their  female counterpart whereas there are more female nurses. However, I cant base the overall care I will receive from a service provider on the sex of the doctor alone, other factors will come into play.

In most part of the North, more than 70% of women deliver at home, they sometimes go for antenatal a couple of times but at the end of th day, they opt for traditional birth attendants for the delivery. Although, high illiteracy level among other factors  could be easily attributed to this behaviour but most of  them claim they are not confortable with male doctors. And do u blame them, imagine someone that practically cover her hair to her toes beliving that it is HARAM for another man to see her, do u expect that same person to open up to a doctor?

@op I dont think doctors purposely detain beautiful women as you claim. There are checks and balances, even hardly will you see a doctor attending to pregnant patients alone without a female nurse, at least from what I have experienced so far. Take it easy, or else you will start suspecting your wife unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by pslm23(f): 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
In the US, if a male or female ob/gyn doctor is going to perform any kind of examination "down below" there has to be a female nurse in the room! Even for ultrasounds where they insert the "wand".

It didn't use to be like this until a high incidence of female patients reporting that they had been molested by their male ob/gyn's or family doctors. In this country, they sue for everything so to prevent hefty lawsuits, there has to be a nurse in the room for every examination.

As for me, i don't feel comfortable when there is another person there other than my doctor watching. One time i glanced at the nurse standing the during the examination and the look on her face was annoying me. i've had both male and female ob/gyn's

oh well,
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by taryour(f): 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
@op
i undastnd how u feel. I for one person felt so nervous al tru my 9monts of pregnancy habouring the fear of opening my legs for a male doc to take my son delivery but i bet u wen i was in pain i was blinded to how many male doctors were in the labour room with me.
2ndly, no doctor had to do any finger insertion on me untill i was in labour pain and that only to check how far i ad gone in my cervix dialation so i see no reason why a doctor should do such to ur wife be it male or female doctor,except in exceptional case,even at all if it should be done it shouldnt take more than a minute or just few seconds. That doctor needs to be monitord and questiond cause i know the only check up for pregnant women is scan,checking the baby hearth beat and sometime pressing the womans belly just a little to know if any pain is felt,
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by ronkebp(f): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
luka1981:

shocked shocked shocked shocked, i now see why you are afraid of male doctors, so that your wife will not be enjoying the insertions.

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
Am a practicing muslim woman, dnt see a male doctor, i book for female doctor,my relgion does not permit it

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by http(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2012
This got me thinking,
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by pendo89(f): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
What are they inserting fingers for? Why not use ultrasound to check the progress of a pregnancy?
I thought a doc goes in there during labour when the cervix has started opening.And that is to check how wide it's opened.
Jeez! That is nasty,I cannot allow a doc to molest me.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by luka1981(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
fellow nairalanders, in Europe it is 100% different because they start inserting fingers from first month in the name of pregnancy control. and women in the world should stand up and campaign for a greater respect for womanhood. this white people are crazy, they do whatever that is sweet to their soul.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by SLTTM: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
there is always a choice. poster search for a female doc. most of these male doctors are naughty-like, especially the young ones
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by rose75(f): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
it is very annoiying to me seeing my wife opening her privates for a male doctor in the name of pregnancy check up. sometimes they have to insert their fingers for more than 1 hour looking for what i don't know. is there no enough female ganicologist for that special work? i wonder how many women privates part they must have seen in just one year, countless. they will even have to give some beutiful women bed in order to continue enjoiying what they are doing. i mean this is not funny and the authority is not worried about this. i am a christian but i demand a sharia law in this. female doctors for women while male doctors for male. temptation should be avoided.
[/quote

In as much as it could be embarassing, I believe it's for the good of the patient to be properly checked.

@ OP, I beg to disagree with the enboldened, except you're telling us that they "mold" the baby at each visit. grin grin
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 08, 2012
@op. You are not the only, here in Nigeria,they do what they want. There was one doctor at onitsha that was rumoured to be sleeping with ignorant first time pregnant women in the name of cervical dialation. All the husbands knocked senseless when the bubble burst. Till today, my boss's wife dont go preg check without him, and he must enter the consulting room or no check.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2012
@OP
you don't even think of ur wife's health or the safety of ur unborn child, all you are worried about is her private part? hmm, A wise person would seek a professional/expert on gynecology to ensure a safe antenatal and child-delivery.
why are you jealous of male gynecologists because they attend to women, my dear that tells a lot about you.

3 Likes

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by javalove(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2012
Hehehehehe. . . .gradually. , the world os moving towards Islam. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by maran1983(f): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2012
Op, well i do not know how the doctors behave where you are but when i was preggers i had routine checks with both male and female doctors and they were very professional all through. Again, nobody ever used their fingers to check me till i was in labour and that was only for a few seconds to see how far i had dilated.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by lanruz: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2012
; shocked am I d only one dat noticed GANIcologist?? Lol grin
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2012
Is it that doctors don't have sexual urges like other human beings because i'm wondering what goes through their minds when they carry such examinations. Their mind no pure at all.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Toktee(m): 9:55am On Mar 08, 2012
The day a doctor open my fiance legs foi abortion,i swear that i will nt sleep with her without condon again,thank God we have female doctors in our societies today,to hell with male doctors.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 08, 2012
Professionally, the doctor is supposed to discharge his functions e.g by insertions, penetrations, discharges, fingering, touching, rubbing, massaging, caressing,xraying among others to be able to recommend treatments.  kissSo I dont why this is an issue .Mind you, it is unprofessional to conduct yourself in another man's profession, especially if you have skeletal knowledge. grin
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by onyxo76(m): 10:01am On Mar 08, 2012
am a medical doctor though not a gynaecologist. believe me it gets very boring looking at women's private parts all day long!! there s nothing fantastic about what is down there especially most of the time the place emits some terrible smell no thanks to most pregnant women level of hygiene.
I don't envy my colleagues in Obs/Gyn as they are always drenched in placenta fluid, vaginal secretions, blood and other fluids.
There is no big deal in male docs seeing female patients only that a nurse must be present during examinations.

2 Likes

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by AJpikin: 10:03am On Mar 08, 2012
Guy use local mid-wives for ur village next time.
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Kx: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2012
luka1981:

i am a christian but i demand a sharia law in this. female doctors for women while male doctors for male. temptation should be avoided.
Why dont u start the sharia law in ur church?
Do u complain when a male pastor "lays hand" on a female church member in prayers?

1 Like

Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by ifihearam: 10:10am On Mar 08, 2012
During abortion you need to see the way this doctor dey finger my babe all to ascertain how many months pregnancy.
@op so becos of ur wife pussy make the islamise that aspect,you are calling for more than you can chew remember the muslims are very wicked oo nor let them put dynamite for your wife cunt lol
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 08, 2012
bleep it, no one gonna finger poo down below. Best solution find a female gyno
Re: Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. by member67023: 10:11am On Mar 08, 2012
onyxo76:

am a medical doctor though not a gynaecologist. believe me it gets very boring looking at women's private parts all day long!! there s nothing fantastic about what is down there especially most of the time the place emits some terrible smell no thanks to most pregnant women level of hygiene.
I don't envy my colleagues in Obs/Gyn as they are always drenched in placenta fluid, womanly secretions, blood and other fluids.
There is no big deal in male docs seeing female patients only that a nurse must be present during examinations.
LOL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pain-free Menstruation: How Achievable? / Mystery As Unemployed Man Runs Mad, Dies In Friend’s House / Infectious Malaria Sporozoites Produced Without Mosquitoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.