Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award (5718 Views)

Juliet Ibrahim At 17, Won A Beauty Pageant (Throwback Photo) / De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" / Top 8 Upcoming Yoruba Rappers That Will Take Over The Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Grammy Is arguably the most prestigious music awards ceremony in the world, so why have some of rap and hip-hops most iconic names, including Tupac, Nas and Snoop Dogg, never taken home a Grammy Award?

So without any further delay let's dive in...

1 Christopher Wallace A.K.A Notorious BIG

Although Biggie's career was cut far too short, he released hit after hit after hit and earned four Grammy nominations, but never got that recognition in the form of a shiny Gramophone. Surely a contender for the 'special recognition' gong?

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 19, 2019
2. 2pac Amaru Shakur

Nominated seven times, legendary rapper Tupac was up for two awards in 1996 but never took home the gong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
3 Trevor George Smith Jr. A.K.A Busta Rhymes

Busta Rhymes missed out on taking home a Grammy award to Will Smith two years in a row! That’s gotta hurt.

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
4 Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. A.K.A. Snoop Dogg

He has received an amazing 16 nominations and yet has never taken home the top prize - but Snoop Dogg can be proud of earnings a nomination in the unlikely 'Best Reggae Album' category for his 2013 release 'Reincarnated'. Still, he can’t be too disappointed, he has lost out to some of the best, including Dr Dre, Beyoncé and Kanye West.

He holds the record for the most nomination without a win in the rap category...this one weak Me oh..

A whole Snoop Dogg

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
5 Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones[

His African DNA indicates he has roots in countries with high Yoruba populations Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana
Nominated 13 times, his best chance probably came in 1994 for his amazing and now iconic album 'Illmatic'. Unfortunately, the Grammys didn't introduce a 'Best Rap Album' category until 1996, so his chances of claiming that gong way back when were pretty slim.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
6 Nicki Minaj

If awards for 'most talked about performance' were being handed out, Nicki no doubt would have at least six (to match the amount of actual nominations she’s had over the past couple of years). As if you needed reminding, that self-exorcism at the 2012 awards ceremondt was and will probably be one of the most ‘out there’ in the awards’ history.

Cardi has just received multiple nominations for next month Grammy Award.. Let's hope she doesn't win coz if she does that means she will have one over Nicki Minaj whom she beefs with currently

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
7 Jayceon Terrell Taylor, A.K.A The Game.

Believe it or not, The Game and Fiddy lost out to The Black Eyed Peas for the 'Best Rap Performance' award back in 2006.

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
8 Earl Simmons, A.K.A. DMX

DMX’s omission from any nominations sparked a boycott from his pal Jay Z in 1999 - and that man knows what it takes to make award winning tunes.

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2019
9 J. Cole

J. Cole might be pretty new to the scene but that hasn't stopped him scooping a stack of other awards in that short time. With the release of his highly regarded '2014 Forest Hills Drive' album, it must be his turn soon, surely?

But if it were up to me this guy would win the Grammy b4 drake even dream of winning it...
Please before Drake fans come for my head, it's just my opinion oh.. I so much like the guy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
10 RUN DMC

Despite being considered to be up there with the pioneers of hip hop in the 1980s and selling albums by the multi-millions, the Queens trio are still without that elusive trophy in their extensive collection

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
Conclusio : Grammy to some extent doesn't entirely determine how good a rapper is; some just win it by chance or luck or grace.
Even most of the rappers who have won it looked or look up to these ones who haven't won for inspiration
2pac and BIG are good examples.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
Rick ross cry

3 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Kingluqman(m): 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
Where is our own Femi Kuti naw..
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by enigmagu1(m): 12:21am On Jan 20, 2019
Like seriously?
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by viver1: 12:31am On Jan 20, 2019
Wayo in music awards didn't start today. How did Will win over Busta?
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by JayReeMai(m): 2:03am On Jan 20, 2019
J.cole will win it soon. He's a god in the game.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Bamidey: 3:38am On Jan 20, 2019
I no see Olamide name there? Logo pant things grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by femi4: 6:37am On Jan 20, 2019
A whole busta rhymes

1 Like

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by boss1310(m): 6:58am On Jan 20, 2019
If it must be ten in the list just include one of 50 CENT,COMMON,NELLY, A TRIBE CALLED QUEST,WU TANG,MISSY ELLIOT,EVE, LUPE FIASCO and some others I can't remember right now.
These above mentioned artists have great albums and was in music during the rap album award era and not RUN DMC that weren't in vogue by then

1 Like

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Elnino4ladies: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2019
I thought Nicki Minaj has won a Grammy before
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by moshuur(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2019
When I read it(some months back) that rappers like Pac and Busta rhymes av never won d Grammy award, I was surprise.Now,going thru dis list and I saw The Game and Nicki........I 'feel' like they are bias cuz.
If Eminem dey there,I go talk am say d award na scam nothing else.
They ought to give Pac a special recognition

2 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by moshuur(m): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2019
femi4:
A whole busta rhymes
The thing weak me.......How Busta no go win Grammy?even if na one
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by SuperSonik: 8:35am On Jan 20, 2019
moshuur:
When I read it(some months back) that rappers like Pac and Busta rhymes av never won d Grammy award, I was surprise.Now,going thru dis list and I saw The Game and Nicki........I 'feel' like they are bias cuz.
Pac is the greatest rapper of all time...
Grammy award doesn't Even measure up to his standard

5 Likes

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2019
femi4:
A whole busta rhymes
Imagine that
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 20, 2019
moshuur:
Bro Eminem is good na..

He's even considered to be the greatest rapper of all time by many magazines and publications...

The best selling rapper of the 20 century.

Almost all of Eminem album has received a Grammy nomination..

The only rapper to have won best selling album of the year in the whole on two occasions (Marshall Mathers LP 1999 and recovery 2010)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by pointblank247(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2019
Where are Methodman, Redman, ice cube etc
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 20, 2019
pointblank247:
Where are Methodman, Redman, ice cube etc
The list is only top ten
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2019
boss1310:
If it must be ten in the list just include one of 50 CENT,COMMON,NELLY, A TRIBE CALLED QUEST,WU TANG,MISSY ELLIOT,EVE, LUPE FIASCO and some others I can't remember right now.
These above mentioned artists have great albums and was in music during the rap album award era and not RUN DMC that weren't in vogue by then
Well if songs featured in counts, 50 cent have won it with ''crack a bottle'' by Eminem.

And Nelly has won a Grammy with hot in here
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Makenno(m): 9:34am On Jan 20, 2019
Eminem has 15 grammys to his name, other
Ighoga898:

Bro Eminem is good na..

He's even considered to be the greatest rapper of all time by many magazines and publications...

The best selling rapper of the 20 century.

Almost all of Eminem album has received a Grammy nomination..

The only rapper to have won best selling album of the year in the whole on two occasions (Marshall Mathers LP 1999 and recovery 2010)
Eminem has 15 grammys to his name.
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 20, 2019
Makenno:
Eminem has 15 grammys to his name, other
Eminem has 15 grammys to his name.
Yeah and almost all those Grammy were won by his songs alone and not features.

Kanye West may have won 21 or so but most of them are from songs which he was featured in.
Re: 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award by boss1310(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2019
Ighoga898:

Well if songs featured in counts, 50 cent have won it with ''crack a bottle'' by Eminem.

And Nelly has won a Grammy with hot in here
the topic is about best rap album not just about best rap song the artists you mentioned hasn't won best rap album except Eminem.
mod.oh my bad its about any Grammy award.Missy and Nelly in has won it and yea 50 has won too.you are right thought you were talking about best rap album

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Shares Sexy Photos From Workout Session At The Jim / Kanye West Forgives Jay Z After 5years Beef, Reunite At P.diddy's 50th Birthday / If Beyonce Turned Into Whitney Houston?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.