Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness (12253 Views)

What Happens If You Commit Suicide / Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by TheWalkingMind: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
These days, almost everyone with access to the Internet is on social media. While people use the various platforms for good, they are still unaware that those platforms are capable of making them commit sin. Take Instagram for example, all we seen on the app are flashy lifestyle, wealth, success, excessive show off and oppression with riches. This has made many fall and commit sin without knowing. The sin they commit is covetousness.

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

When you see a celebrity like E-Money flaunt his Rolls Royce or mansion on social media, and you immediately start saying "I tap into your blessing", what you don't know is that you are committing sin. Some after they see the pictures of a celebrity's Banana Island mansion, they'll start saying "Baba God pick my call". God is not going to pick such a call coming from a mind tainted with sin because you are coveting what belongs to another man.

Exodus 20:17
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

Even admiring another man's wife for her hips and curves and wishing she was yours is also a sin.

Satan has sent his human agents into the world to confuse and deceive the children of God into committing sin. He knows he can't make them go to hell because they are saved already and would spend eternity with God, but he would love to see them get punished by their Father, God the Almighty.

Hebrews 12:6-7
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth , and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Satan's agents make us sin and susceptible to God's punishment. His agents are the ones whom you see posting pictures of themselves in private jets, 5 star hotels and are always quick to show off their newly acquired properties on social media. They have sold their soul to Satan, so the likes and positive comments you drop on their pages gives them this false sense that they didn't make the wrong decision in selling their soul to Satan.

Their stupid actions lure you into committing the sin of covetousness. When you see their fake smiles and photoshopped bodies on Instagram, you wish your life was as perfect as theirs. When they post pictures of themselVes enjoying life in Dubai, London, New York etc, you start to almost curse God for creating you in Nigeria where life is difficult. You forget that you live in a 3 bedroom well furnished apartment with lots of food to eat, while many sleep under the bridge. No, you want that mansion in Ikoyi, you want to rub shoulders with the Otedolas and Adelekes, you want to walk into a room and be worshipped. When someone drops a comment saying "vanity upon vanity", you slam the person by saying he has poverty mentality or he's jealous of wealthy people.

You are clearly on a path of pains and sorrow because covetousness makes you develop this desire to be rich. You immediately engage in any get rich quick scheme you can think of e.g Yahoo, Fraud, rituals, sports betting, robbery, forgery etc. All those things will hurt you in the long run. Look what the Bible says about they that will be rich and the horrible things which will befall them.

1 Timothy 6:9-11
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Do you think rich people are truly happy? No, they aren't, that's why they show off a lot to seek approval from coveteous people like you. They have sold their soul to Satan for riches and fame. They amass all the wealth they can think of but get depressed when they realize how worthless it is compared to the price they paid for it. When they come online to tell you that they are depressed don't be fooled to think it is due to stress. No, it is due to reality slapping them in the face. They get reminded every once in a while that they are still human and not God.

You see, Satan deceived Adam and Eve by telling them that if they eat the forbidden fruit, their eyes will become open, they will have the knowledge of good and evil and will become like God. Two of those promises got fulfilled but the one of becoming like God can never be fulfilled. Since man's eyes became open and had the knowledge of good and of evil, he has been on the search for the third promise from Satan, which is to be like God. Man wants to be worshipped, that's why you see these rich people and celebrities constantly showing off to get the praises of fellow men. They love it when they walk into a place and people start showing them respect and trying to take pictures with them. This makes them feel like a god, but once in a while when they step into a place and don't get the usual treatment, they feel depressed because it reminds them that they are still humans. That's why they clapback at comments criticising them on social media but smile at praises from people like you who covet their status. Guess what led them into making a deal with Satan? COVETEOUSNESS. Since you are a coveteous soul, then you are on your way to becoming like them - a soul seller.

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Just last week, I saw a picture of Linda Ikeji posing in her closet where she had different designer bags racked up. I can bet that she hasn't used most of them since she bought them probably two years ago. Each of those bags cost nothing less than 500K. Imagine spending that much just because you want to carry tissue paper, your phone's and perhaps food. It's ridiculous what these people do with money. To her, the bags are a great achievement. Look at the late Dora Akinyuli and all her awards. Do you think those awards matter to her now in the grave? Is riches really worth the sorrow and pains you will face to acquire it and when you have acquired it?

One thing you need to know is that Satan is never happy with a rich man, whether he gave the riches to you or God did. Look at Job in the Bible who was blessed abundantly by God. Satan wasn't happy about it. God will only give you riches if he knows your heart will always be for him no matter what, just as Job never cursed God when he became broke and filled with diseases. Job was a righteous man

Why did God bless job abundantly? Read the below verse.

Job 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

To be blessed like Job, you have to do the exact same things he did which made him a righteous man. You have to seek the kingdom of God first.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
There is much to be concerned with in life than the consciousness of sin. Not to say the concept of sin is over amplified. Just live your life as humanly as possible.
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by TheWalkingMind: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2019
Nelson21:

This is an amazing and beautiful write up. Thank You.
I greatly appreciate the time and effort it took you to type this.

Alot of people will not understand this. Just watch.
Some of them will start asking and saying; "is it your money?"
"Why can't you mind your own business?" "Poverty mentality". "Enjoy your life and die" e.t.c

Please ignore them. They don't really understand the depth of this question: WHAT DOES IT PROFIT A MAN, TO GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, BUT LOSE HIS SOUL?

Once again, thank you and do have a lovely beautiful day.
What do you understand by the word soul?
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Best post on NL this yr. Thanks for the affirmation and message. Bless your soul

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 20, 2019
This may sound like nonsense from a broke person but it is a fact.

Human beings have lost their way with consumerism and materialism.

Humans now walk around like robots being programmed to behave a certain way.

Everybody is bent over their phones. Everyone is busy chasing money so that they can afford things to show off to people who will envy them. They call themselves the pepper dem gang.
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by FATBAYO(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2019
Few spread gospel while many spread gossip on social media.flauntung of wealth made many go into ritual killing and yahoo...Those flaunting wealth and riches are they the richest in Nigeria?
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by mountmoriah(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2019
samisj4real:
Live your life like tomorrow is gonna be the last day. Flee from all manners of sin. God is good
all the time
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by biggestmanhood(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
These days, almost everyone with access to the Internet is on social media. While people use the various platforms for good, they are still unaware that those platforms are capable of making them commit sin. Take Instagram for example, all we seen on the app are flashy lifestyle, wealth, success, excessive show off and oppression with riches. This has made many fall and commit sin without knowing. The sin they commit is covetousness.

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

When you see a celebrity like E-Money flaunt his Rolls Royce or mansion on social media, and you immediately start saying "I tap into your blessing", what you don't know is that you are committing sin. Some after they see the pictures of a celebrity's Banana Island mansion, they'll start saying "Baba God pick my call". God is not going to pick such a call coming from a mind tainted with sin because you are coveting what belongs to another man.

Exodus 20:17
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

Even admiring another man's wife for her hips and curves and wishing she was yours is also a sin.

Satan has sent his human agents into the world to confuse and deceive the children of God into committing sin. He knows he can't make them go to hell because they are saved already and would spend eternity with God, but he would love to see them get punished by their Father, God the Almighty.

Hebrews 12:6-7
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth , and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Satan's agents make us sin and susceptible to God's punishment. His agents are the ones whom you see posting pictures of themselves in private jets, 5 star hotels and are always quick to show off their newly acquired properties on social media. They have sold their soul to Satan, so the likes and positive comments you drop on their pages gives them this false sense that they didn't make the wrong decision in selling their soul to Satan.

Their stupid actions lure you into committing the sin of covetousness. When you see their fake smiles and photoshopped bodies on Instagram, you wish your life was as perfect as theirs. When they post pictures of themselVes enjoying life in Dubai, London, New York etc, you start to almost curse God for creating you in Nigeria where life is difficult. You forget that you live in a 3 bedroom well furnished apartment with lots of food to eat, while many sleep under the bridge. No, you want that mansion in Ikoyi, you want to rub shoulders with the Otedolas and Adelekes, you want to walk into a room and be worshipped. When someone drops a comment saying "vanity upon vanity", you slam the person by saying he has poverty mentality or he's jealous of wealthy people.

You are clearly on a path of pains and sorrow because covetousness makes you develop this desire to be rich. You immediately engage in any get rich quick scheme you can think of e.g Yahoo, Fraud, rituals, sports betting, robbery, forgery etc. All those things will hurt you in the long run. Look what the Bible says about they that will be rich and the horrible things which will befall them.

1 Timothy 6:9-11
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Do you think rich people are truly happy? No, they aren't, that's why they show off a lot to seek approval from coveteous people like you. They have sold their soul to Satan for riches and fame. They amass all the wealth they can think of but get depressed when they realize how worthless it is compared to the price they paid for it. When they come online to tell you that they are depressed don't be fooled to think it is due to stress. No, it is due to reality slapping them in the face. They get reminded every once in a while that they are still human and not God.

You see, Satan deceived Adam and Eve by telling them that if they eat the forbidden fruit, their eyes will become open, they will have the knowledge of good and evil and will become like God. Two of those promises got fulfilled but the one of becoming like God can never be fulfilled. Since man's eyes became open and had the knowledge of good and of evil, he has been on the search for the third promise from Satan, which is to be like God. Man wants to be worshipped, that's why you see these rich people and celebrities constantly showing off to get the praises of fellow men. They love it when they walk into a place and people start showing them respect and trying to take pictures with them. This makes them feel like a god, but once in a while when they step into a place and don't get the usual treatment, they feel depressed because it reminds them that they are still humans. That's why they clapback at comments criticising them on social media but smile at praises from people like you who covet their status. Guess what led them into making a deal with Satan? COVETEOUSNESS. Since you are a coveteous soul, then you are on your way to becoming like them - a soul seller.

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Just last week, I saw a picture of Linda Ikeji posing in her closet where she had different designer bags racked up. I can bet that she hasn't used most of them since she bought them probably two years ago. Each of those bags cost nothing less than 500K. Imagine spending that much just because you want to carry tissue paper, your phone's and perhaps food. It's ridiculous what these people do with money. To her, the bags are a great achievement. Look at the late Dora Akinyuli and all her awards. Do you think those awards matter to her now in the grave? Is riches really worth the sorrow and pains you will face to acquire it and when you have acquired it?

One thing you need to know is that Satan is never happy with a rich man, whether he gave the riches to you or God did. Look at Job in the Bible who was blessed abundantly by God. Satan wasn't happy about it. God will only give you riches if he knows your heart will always be for him no matter what, just as Job never cursed God when he became broke and filled with diseases. Job was a righteous man

Why did God bless job abundantly? Read the below verse.

Job 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

To be blessed like Job, you have to do the exact same things he did which made him a righteous man. You have to seek the kingdomme f God first.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
u think u are doing me
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
Okay... The lord is good cheesy
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by themanderon: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2019
This is just the plain truth but the children of disobedience will never hear cos they have been blinded and brainwashed by this evil world system.
This is the major reason why we have turned into a nation of soulless beasts where everyone is seeking to capitalize on the misfortunes of others to make wealth.
Thats why our useless musicians like olamide etal are paid big because they are misleading the young and highly impressionable ones amongst us. Why is there a sudden upsurge in cases of young people stealing pants everywhere? These guys are paid heavily by the demonic agents to push the idea of materialism and fornication to pull men deeper into sin.
I wonder how our world would be in the next 20yrs. I shudder at the reality staring us in the face.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2019
I don't call it covetousness, I call it " motivation", when I see made professional career women, I so much want to be like them, I'm not coveting, rather I'm motivated and it makes me push harder.
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by alBHAGDADI: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2019
Valerie47:
I don't call it covetousness, I call it " motivation", when I see made professional career women, I so much want to be like them, I'm not coveting, rather I'm motivated and it makes me push harder.

Yes, you don't call it covetousness. No matter what you call it, as long as you so much want to be like others in a certain sense, then it is exactly what the Bible says it is - COVETEOUSNESS.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, you don't call it covetousness. No matter what you call it, as long as you so much want to be like others in a certain sense, then it is exactly what the Bible says it is - COVETEOUSNESS.
I see them as role models and who wouldn't want to be like their role model?
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by koyeni(m): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2019
Noted

Check my signature
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by lakeside3020(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2019
Thanks OP am really blessed with this your write up,,,God bless u

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by femi4: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nice job OP, when you do well....we ll commend you.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Basiljoe: 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
why.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by femi4: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
Valerie47:
I see them as role models and who wouldn't want to be like their role model?
Wanting to be like them AT ALL COST is the issue
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
femi4:
Wanting to be like them AT ALL COST is the issue
It depends on your definition of "at all cost".
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by femi4: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Valerie47:
It depends on your definition of "at all cost".
I know you ll ask.

E.g doing yahoo
Using your pants
Embezzlement etc
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
femi4:
I know you ll ask.
E.g doing yahoo Using your pants Embezzlement etc
I'm not talking about money here, I'm talking about career.
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by femi4: 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Valerie47:
I'm not talking about money here, I'm talking about career.
Are they the only people in that field/career?

You are more interested because they are MADE and not the love for the profession
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
femi4:
Are they the only people in that career?

You are more interested because they are MADE and not the love for the profession
I'm interested in the profession more the money, there are other things that can give you money, its the prestige that comes with it that I like not the money.
Re: Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness by clems88(m): 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
U are right OP
Especially NL sad most times I don't open threads relating to celebs cos it makes me begin to create fr what I don't have

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession / Pastor E.A Adeboye's 2018 Christmas Blessing / What Is The Theme Of 2023 In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.