Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! (11449 Views)

Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others / What's The Best Shipping Company; From China To Nigeria, Help / Reliable Shipping Company From China To Nigeria And Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
I ordered some goods from China 2nd week of December with the intent of selling them during the festive season. This intent was made known to the company's agent in China before I agreed to ship through the company. But, they failed on this promise! I didn't receive a message from them of my goods arrival until 27th of December. So, I missed the opportunity of selling my goods during that season. However, before the agent's sent my goods, she told me my goods weighed 40kg, I protested that figure. I argued that my goods couldn't have weighed that much but she insisted that was the gross weight of my goods.

So, on Wednesday, I went to their warehouse to claim goods, made provision for 40kg. I was shocked beyond measures when I was told my goods weighed 48kg. I was filled with rage. I told the guy that attended to me that my supplier told me my goods weighed 40kg, he said 48kg was what was sent to him from China. So, I asked that my goods be weighed before me. He employed all sorts of gimmicks just so I change my mind about weighing my goods before me. He said I would be charged based on what it weighs. By implication, if it weighs higher than 48kg, I'll pay and if it weighs below 48kg, I'll be charged based on it. I agreed! When my goods was put on the scale, it was 31kg! Not even the 40kg the rogue agent told me my goods weigh. So, my goods was inflated from 31kg to 48kg. A whooping 17kg difference!

So, I waited for the guy to make good the agreement he unilaterally made. He didn't! He said his hands were tied as to what to do. I have however contacted my lawyer to guide me on my next line of action. I'm using this piece to advice fellow importers not to use CHOICE LOGISTICS because they are CRIMINALS.

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2019
Stay away from CHOICE SHIPPING COMPANY! They are scammers.
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2019
keep off from them. they are criminals
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 05, 2019
this company is a fraudulent one. KEEP OFF FROM THEM
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by AutoReportNG: 1:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
Thats true... Ever since Alin has left that place, scammers and criminals have taken over, reason why I stopped using them. They manipulate figures and also their staffs are very ude, they see it as doing you a favour.

I hope you get justice for your goods.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Thats true... Ever since Alin has left that place, scammers and criminals have taken over, reason why I stopped using them. They manipulate figures and also their staffs are very ude, they see it as doing you a favour.

Bro, thanks for corroborating my claim. They deliberately reduce their cost per kg so that more and more people will engage, but is only a BAIT! They do that to get people and then inflate your kg almost x2. They are criminals.

1 Like

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
Don't patronize CHOICE LOGISTICS Company. They are criminals
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 11, 2019
Good morning
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
run away from them
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Olufola(f): 7:11am On Apr 01, 2019
I was just about to use choice logistics to.ship.im some.items from.China, before i read your post. Thanks for the warning. Pls which good shipping agent can I use now
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by planetx13: 7:30am On Apr 01, 2019
Pls let nobody ever think of using choice logistics..... they are pure criminals......they inflate your kg and their Nigerian staff are just something else..... be warned
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by planetx13: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2019
Olufola:
I was just about to use choice logistics to.ship.im some.items from.China, before i read your post. Thanks for the warning. Pls which good shipping agent can I use now

WhatsApp me. 0.9.0.8.0.9.5.0.2.1.4..... i have a reliable agent and the best part is that you only pay when your items arrive in Nigeria.....

5 Likes

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Trippleblessing(f): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2019
planetx13:

WhatsApp me. 0.9.0.8.0.9.5.0.2.1.4..... i have a reliable agent and the best part is that you only pay when your items arrive in Nigeria.....

please if you dont mind, can you give the information here so other people can benefit from it as well.

4 Likes

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Kennif: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
Please I want to know if Mimi logistics is legit. No one is talking about them.

1 Like

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Biefe01(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Thanks for the warning... You just saved me some headache.

1 Like

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by egbeigweuwa: 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
please what is the name of a good one. I need to freight something
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by mctfopt: 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
egbeigweuwa:
please what is the name of a good one. I need to freight something

Did you later get? If yes, do share.
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Emissary1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
How can I get a reliable agent please?
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by mctfopt: 5:46am On Jun 02, 2020
AutoReportNG:

What's a better shipping company that you currently use?
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by yesloaded: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2020
Emissary1:
Talk to us on WhatsApp or Call 08137750741, you can check our profile on nairaland too to see our thread

We can handle all your payment & shipping

Good Morning
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by yesloaded: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2020
mctfopt:

Talk to us on WhatsApp or Call 08137750741, you can check our profile on nairaland too to see our thread

Good Morning
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by AutoReportNG: 1:53am On Jun 03, 2020
mctfopt:

Skycargo is good if you can manage their headache, I read St Patrick is cool too but just a bit pricey
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by mctfopt: 3:26am On Jun 03, 2020
AutoReportNG:

Skycargo is good if you can manage their headache, I read St Patrick is cool too but just a bit pricey

Thanks a lot. Can I have more details of this Skycargo?

1 Like

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by mctfopt: 3:26am On Jun 03, 2020
yesloaded:

Good Morning

Thanks, will keep that in mind.
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by dste(m): 3:10am On Jun 04, 2020
Emissary1:
contact us at howfarchina. We can help you
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by dste(m): 3:21am On Jun 04, 2020
Do you need to make payments in RMB? Or trade in China? we can help you with that
contact us at howfarchina.com or whatsapp (check my signature)

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Alkason: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2020
AutoReportNG:

What is their headache exactly?
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Xyzkwenu(f): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Experience with St. Patrick's International Logistics based on what several people have complained about on social media

St Patrick International Logistics
3 Jaiyeola Ajatta St, Ajao Estate, Lagos
+8613710706073
+8615920468789
0810 195 1252

https://maps.app./9aKG3vkw4Xw2KVAJ9

1. Timeliness: 0/10
Normal air cargo often takes more than 2 weeks & sea cargo takes more than 6 months.
The company has big challenges when it comes to keeping to time.

2. Price: 0/10
Prices often change when it is time for pick up after exposing the customer to long suffering. Price is not stable. Prices are not published on social media eg WhatsApp or website.

3. Size: 0/10
Company doesn't have large and multiple warehouses/pickup points in Lagos. They use a residential flat in Ajao with little space so large goods are left outside in the rain with no security man. Company uses rivals like Skycargo to ship & add their markup.

4. Customer service: 0/10 Company has no professional staff but rude, irritating & unprofessional staff. They don't always answer calls or respond to texts/chats.

5. Reliability: 0/10
The staff over-estimate weights & volumes. They don't have funtional tape or weighing scale in their Lagos office for confirmation of size and weight. Several disputes arise due to over invoicing. They can change other terms of agreement after collecting consignment eg destination, delivery mode.

6. Tracker with real time updates: 0/10
Tracking number is not provided to customers. They have no Web based tracker for monitoring time, location and status before pickup.

7. Compensation Policy for lost items: 0/10
Company does not acknowledge possibility of lost items even after 2 years & they don't have a written policy on compensation plan for lost or damaged items.

8. Goodwill: 0/10
Their reputation is stained due to extortion of customers. They are notorious for the following:
Failure to follow up with airline & shipper on timely shipments. Incurring demurage & passing cost to client. Failure to settle custom duty & maintain good standings with the customs officials. Several people have openly expressed disappointment with the company on social media.

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by defcon4: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2021
Alot of improvement needed
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Punck4real(f): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
I advice u just follow your shipping company u are used to. I regretted using choice Logistics all in the name of promo. I was charged twice the amount of what i would have paid. Price on the app was not used at all to calculate your goods. I picked ikeja they sent my goods to amuwo a bad place they call there warehouse where no car can pass. Please let me careful choice Logistics is risk i regretted and im still paying for my lost

1 Like

Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Ogechi20: 12:53am On Aug 17, 2021
please what shipping agent(s) is the most reliable that you have used?
Punck4real:
I advice u just follow your shipping company u are used to. I regretted using choice Logistics all in the name of promo. I was charged twice the amount of what i would have paid. Price on the app was not used at all to calculate your goods. I picked ikeja they sent my goods to amuwo a bad place they call there warehouse where no car can pass. Please let me careful choice Logistics is risk i regretted and im still paying for my lost
Re: Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! by Kaluto: 3:06am On Aug 17, 2021
I use NBC Skye logistics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coping With Businesses That Involves Selling On Credit. Advice Needed / How Long Does It Take To Deliver Items On Aliexpress? / BABZ LOUNGE In Yola Gutted By Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.