Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN (12095 Views)

Dangote Farms Faces Liquidation For ‘Defaulting’ On Arbitral Award / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by africanman85: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2019
They should do something on USSD too. Banks are charging too much. Especially Access bank. Immediately u dial *901#, they will deduct N20 whether u did any transaction or not. If the transfer fails, they still charge u again and this is different from there normal USSD charge o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by ynotsadeek(m): 10:12am On Jan 21, 2019
For real bro?

Pls how did you go about it?

Leonardoreel:
No be lie eh
I say no be lie eh
Nah so GTB debit me wey i no see money collect eh
If no be for CBN eh
I for don lost the money eh
But I thank God for CBN eh
Dem reverse my money eh
Dem Kon add extra 10k untop am eh.
Nah so I Kon dey rejoice eh...
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 21, 2019
Plz someone help. I have had the problem since November with GTB bank. I even filled the incidence form but uptil date no reversal. All i get is sorry we are working on it. Plz who in cbn do i address the complaint too.

1 Like

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Tellemall: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2019
Leonardoreel:
No be lie eh
I say no be lie eh
If no be for CBN eh
Dem reverse my money eh

Are you being very honest about this?

How long before you reported to CBN? Can you help with the steps, so that I can learn?
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by bigtt76(f): 10:31am On Jan 21, 2019
Report to CBN as if they (CBN) check their emails. I don't think there's anyone who can come out to say any bank has paid him or her that N10k. The banks know how to perfect their tactics to avoid paying the charge naaa. There are several factors which affect Instant Fund transfers namely: -

1. Source Bank Availability - If their network or infrastructure is unavailable, you can't initiate.

2. Nigeria Interbank Settlement Scheme (NIBSS) ...they power the Instant Fund transfer platform. If their network is peaked, source banks cannot reach destination bank

3. Destination Bank - if their network is unavailable, the fund cannot be received even after it has left your account. NIBSS keeps trying the transaction until successful or a particular time has lapsed before returning back the fund to the source bank ...only then can you be refunded.

If it is say from Diamond Bank Account to Diamond Bank Account .....I understand but when it is from Diamond Bank to GTBank ....it rides on NIBSS Infrastructure and they (NIBSS) should be the one to be held responsible. Not absolving the banks (source or destination) of any issues though.

TrendingAccount:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), said any failed instant payment transaction not reversed into the customer’s account within 24 hours after complaint by the sender or beneficiary should be reported to CBN.

The Director, Consumer Protection Department, CBN, Mr Kofo Salam-Alada made this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Abuja.

Mr Kofo Salam-Alada recalled that the CBN had in September 2018 published a circular on the guidelines for instant electronic payments, which also include sanctions for banks and other financial institutions that abuse the system. He said that the CBN had mandated banks to pay a fine of N10,000 to customers for each failed transaction not resolved within 24 hours.

“When you do instant payment, you want it to be instant and when it is not achieved then there should be sanctions to such providers. “However, we want to use this medium to inform the public that the first point of call is actually your service provider not CBN and it is only when your bank cannot resolve it and there’s no promise of resolution that you come to CBN.

“After that, the CBN can step in and look at the issues and see whether the customer is entitled to what he’s claiming against the bank. “It is not all the time that customers come to the bank that they will get what they want. “We will examine the issues and see whether there was any failure on the part of the bank before the decision is made,” he noted.

NAN recalls that the Circular was issued on the regulation of instant inter-bank electronic funds transfer services in Nigeria to all Deposit Money Banks, microfinance banks, mobile money operators, development finance institutions and payment service providers. The CBN in the circular announced that any failed instant payment transaction not reversed into the customer’s account within 24 hours will attract a fine of N10,000.

It also said that delayed application of inward NIP into beneficiary’s accounts beyond four minutes would attract a penalty fee of N10,000 per item.

According to the Apex bank, all instant electronic funds transfer disputes should be resolved within three working days. Also, where a customer and the bank fail to agree, the aggrieved entity should report to the Director, Consumer Protection Department, CBN within five working days of the failure to resolve the dispute so as to minimise customer pain.
Meanwhile, some customers who spoke to NAN urged the CBN to do all it could to ensure the banks complied with its directive.

https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/01/failed-e-transactions-report-defaulting.html

3 Likes

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by LONGPREEK(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2019
ecobank, ecobank ecobank eeeecooooooobaaaannnnkkkkkkkkk.
please ban that useless bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by hypernikao(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2019
How did you go about it... Gtb have been holding my money since 24th of December... Abeg give me details

Leonardoreel:
No be lie eh
I say no be lie eh
If no be for CBN eh
Dem reverse my money eh
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by jamesbridget13(f): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2019
I need to report GTB to return my 18k
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by mamaafrik(m): 11:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Leonardoreel:
No be lie eh I say no be lie eh Nah so GTB debit me wey i no see money collect eh If no be for CBN eh I for don lost the money eh But I thank God for CBN eh Dem reverse my money eh Dem Kon add extra 10k untop am eh. Nah so I Kon dey rejoice eh...
help me believe you bro,how did you earn the10k added?
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by jamesbridget13(f): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2019
Leonardoreel:
No be lie eh
I say no be lie eh
If no be for CBN eh
Dem reverse my money eh
tell us how na. I really need my money
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by NinjaMetahuman: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
iamademola:
Stanbic ,regular customer . They use my eyes see weehn during the new year holiday. More than 300k hang on different transaction. Thank God I got my money back gradually.
me too

At some point I had to drive miles to their office to use atm coz I was of getting debitted and my money not getting reversed.
took like a month and series of angry tweets and email before they refund all my money.

i reported to cbn and the useless bank didnt even respond let alone do anything about it
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Bamz(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
hypernikao:
How did you go about it... Gtb have been holding my money since 24th of December... Abeg give me details

I'm in your shoes as well. The money was not reversed automatically, I've contacted customer care, and they claim the processing bank was Fidelity and that they are working on it. Last mail I got from GT was on the 16th. The initial 5 to 8 working timeline for resolution has passed. I complained again via phone and I plan to follow up by Friday if nothing happens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by mechanics(m): 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
They should give us phone numbers or email address for easy access to the director.
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by 91119111c(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
Leonardoreel:
No be lie eh I say no be lie eh Nah so GTB debit me wey i no see money collect eh If no be for CBN eh I for don lost the money eh But I thank God for CBN eh Dem reverse my money eh Dem Kon add extra 10k untop am eh. Nah so I Kon dey rejoice eh...
how were you able to contact Cbn? any customer service mail or number?
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
I had a failed POS transaction on my diamond bank account since 21st November 2018, till date, it has still not been reversed.

I done tire to call their call centre.
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Codes151(m): 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
No number to even call self
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by morningsta(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
rangerover:
Plz someone help. I have had the problem since November with GTB bank. I even filled the incidence form but uptil date no reversal. All i get is sorry we are working on it. Plz who in cbn do i address the complaint too.

@I had a similar experience with Diamond Bank November 2018 and it was eventually resolved in January 2019 after several appeals and threats. When my gentle appeals failed after one whole month, I changed my tone and became more offensive.

All the mails I sent to CBN consumer protection unit were not even acknowledged talk less of helping me. Diamond Bank too was not even moved one bit that I kept copying CBN Consumer Protection unit each time I send reminders.

You are own your own o! Dont listen to all these thrash CBN is spewing here o!

1 Like

Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by adextun2177(m): 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
Pls I need d mail, Eco bank ATM debited me of 5k during Christmas wit my 1st bank Card nd hasn't credited me till nw
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by sweetilicious(f): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
How will somebody report defaulters.??
Go to any CBN banking hall around you and lodge your complaints to the complaint officer. Ensure they acknowledge your copy.
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Ritasnr(f): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
GTB is owing me 10,000 since Nov last year
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Ritasnr(f): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Where will I report it pls
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Paund: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2019
LONGPREEK:
ecobank, ecobank ecobank eeeecooooooobaaaannnnkkkkkkkkk.
please ban that useless bank

Ban Ecobank ke!!!! no ooo! Their QR Codes on EcobankPay has been of immense benefit to my business ooo. If CBN is to start banning banks for failed transactions, we won't even have banks operating in Nigeria again cos all of them are guilty at one point or the other
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Paund: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2019
adextun2177:
Pls I need d mail, Eco bank ATM debited me of 5k during Christmas wit my 1st bank Card nd hasn't credited me till nw
Tweet @ecobank_nigeria or @ecobankhelp_ng The two handles are very helpful
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by LONGPREEK(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
Paund:

Ban Ecobank ke!!!! no ooo! Their QR Codes on EcobankPay has been of immense benefit to my business ooo. If CBN is to start banning banks for failed transactions, we won't even have banks operating in Nigeria again cos all of them are guilty at one point or the other
i have tried all the banks, eco bank is worst when it comes to failed transactions
Re: Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN by Bamz(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
Bamz:

I'm in your shoes as well. The money was not reversed automatically, I've contacted customer care, and they claim the processing bank was Fidelity and that they are working on it. Last mail I got from GT was on the 16th. The initial 5 to 8 working timeline for resolution has passed. I complained again via phone and I plan to follow up by Friday if nothing happens.

hypernikao

Update: It has been resolved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Rent Cost Of A Shop In Shoprite / Company Registration 101: How Much It Really Costs To Register Your Own Company / CBN Vows To Prosecute POS Operators Who Demand Exorbitant Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.