Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Are They Now Emulating Muslims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are They Now Emulating Muslims? (19372 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by AbuTwins: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2019
It is amazing how the Quran talks to us sometimes through the actions of people most unlikely to want any kind of association with it.
From Hollywood, the home of licentious entertainment, to Wall Street, the hub of financial activity, both in the US, wise men are adopting controversial strategies to play safe in the # Me Too Era, an era characterized by women coming out more boldly to establish claims of sexual harassment against men once thought to be societal icons of success.

From Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, many others, to Brett Cavanaugh, a judge favored by President Trump for a Supreme Court post, models that boast legendary intellectual prowess and a high societal ranking have fallen to the lure of the female colleague, and this phenomenon cuts across industries. It is so much so American VP, Mike Pence, has been quoted as saying he now avoids dining alone with any woman besides his wife. Other senior business executives have adopted strategies ranging from "No more dinners with female colleagues, don’t sit next to them on flights, book hotel rooms on different floors when traveling together, avoid one-on-one meetings, no boss-secretary meetings behind closed doors, etc.," to even more drastic measures. In fact, one Western professional business adviser thinks that just hiring a woman is an unknown risk.
Does that not sound too strict for modern times, especially coming from Westerners? Is it not more like conservative Muslims talking about ideal public conduct towards women and where they rightfully belong to minimize the trial that they pose to men?
Feel proud that as a Muslim, educated but not brainwashed to self-reject and feel inferior to them, you'll always see the evil in situations before they arrive the scene to even examine them at all, and that's because by your submitting to the superior wisdom of the Quran and the Sunnah, Someone undertook to do the critical thinking for you 1400 years ago.

(أَلَا يَعْلَمُ مَنْ خَلَقَ وَهُوَ اللَّطِيفُ الْخَبِيرُ)
Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything) [Quran 67:14].

«مَا تَرَكْتُ بَعْدِي فِتْنَةً أَضَرَّعَلَى الرِّجَالِ من النِّسَاء»

I have not left behind me any trial more destructive to men than (the trial of) women [hadith reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Read More

Culled from Ustadh Murtala Alade Adedokun's wall of FB Dec 9, 2018

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by najib632(m): 1:42am On Jan 25, 2019
AbuTwins:

It is amazing how the Quran talks to us sometimes through the actions of people most unlikely to want any kind of association with it.
From Hollywood, the home of licentious entertainment, to Wall Street, the hub of financial activity, both in the US, wise men are adopting controversial strategies to play safe in the # Me Too Era, an era characterized by women coming out more boldly to establish claims of sexual harassment against men once thought to be societal icons of success.

From Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, many others, to Brett Cavanaugh, a judge favored by President Trump for a Supreme Court post, models that boast legendary intellectual prowess and a high societal ranking have fallen to the lure of the female colleague, and this phenomenon cuts across industries. It is so much so American VP, Mike Pence, has been quoted as saying he now avoids dining alone with any woman besides his wife. Other senior business executives have adopted strategies ranging from "No more dinners with female colleagues, don’t sit next to them on flights, book hotel rooms on different floors when traveling together, avoid one-on-one meetings, no boss-secretary meetings behind closed doors, etc.," to even more drastic measures. In fact, one Western professional business adviser thinks that just hiring a woman is an unknown risk.
Does that not sound too strict for modern times, especially coming from Westerners? Is it not more like conservative Muslims talking about ideal public conduct towards women and where they rightfully belong to minimize the trial that they pose to men?
Feel proud that as a Muslim, educated but not brainwashed to self-reject and feel inferior to them, you'll always see the evil in situations before they arrive the scene to even examine them at all, and that's because by your submitting to the superior wisdom of the Quran and the Sunnah, Someone undertook to do the critical thinking for you 1400 years ago.

(أَلَا يَعْلَمُ مَنْ خَلَقَ وَهُوَ اللَّطِيفُ الْخَبِيرُ)
Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything) [Quran 67:14].

«مَا تَرَكْتُ بَعْدِي فِتْنَةً أَضَرَّعَلَى الرِّجَالِ من النِّسَاء»

I have not left behind me any trial more destructive to men than (the trial of) women [hadith reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Read More

Culled from Ustadh Murtala Alade Adedokun's wall of FB Dec 9, 2018
Jazaaka Allahu khairan

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by sarahade(f): 9:09am On Feb 08, 2019
Smh

34 Likes

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by aliyuthayo(m): 9:13am On Feb 08, 2019
Islam has over the years been proven to be the only religion for our time. I'm proud to be a Muslim, and as no aspect of our lives that do not have an Islamic support.
Allahu Akbar!!!

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by kabawa(m): 9:15am On Feb 08, 2019
Islam is the epitome of peaceful coexistence!!!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by CrownFemi: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Thanks for the write up...

6 Likes

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by mohammad11: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2019
jazakallahu khayran for this

7 Likes

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Dreamer19: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2019
I'm amazed by the thinking level of the op. If this is the only thing you can come with to relate modern world to Islam, then it must have been really hard for you. I can't believe people anymore! I can assure you it has not gone to that. Those ones you mentioned suffered for things that happened long time ago, some of them could be innocent while some are just perverts that deserve their punishment. It is true that few bad women have taken advantage of their empowerment in the law to do grave injustice to others but we should not forget that men naturally are armed by the society to do even the gravest things to women, and have been doing it for years. What is being practised in those Islamic countries is not just seggregation of the gender but undermining of female gender. So you shouldn't even try to follow this your logic again. Most people in their hearts doesn't even care self.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Tinted803: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Nonsense as usual

Emulate terrorists ke?
fool like you!!just head no Brian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by drlateef: 9:37am On Feb 08, 2019
YoungLionken:
All core moslems are terrorists, except the moderate ones the Yoruba belong to... I would rather worship Esango, Eziza, Olokun than become a moslem. I can't even imagine it!

But God has a reason why they're still breathing, just like the devil

When you die and enter your grave, you will realise that your ignorance has pushed you into the fire that blazes forever.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Clapbackdon: 9:38am On Feb 08, 2019
What is it with nairaland and obsession with religious inclinations?

Nigerians are extremely immature

I don't care who emulates my religion and frankly this post is useless

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Clapbackdon: 9:38am On Feb 08, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Nonsense as usual

Emulate terrorists ke?

What is wrong with you ?

Are you daft?

3 Likes

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by drlateef: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2019
Dreamer19:
I'm amazed by the thinking level of the op. If this is the only thing you can come with to relate modern world to Islam, then it must have been really hard for you. I can't believe people anymore! I can assure you it has not gone to that. Those ones you mentioned suffered for things that happened long time ago, some of them could be innocent while some are just perverts that deserve their punishment. It is true that few bad women have taken advantage of their empowerment in the law to do grave injustice to others but we should not forget that men naturally are armed by the society to do even the gravest things to women, and have been doing it for years. What is being practised in those Islamic countries is not just seggregation of the gender but undermining of female gender. So you shouldn't even try to follow this your logic again. Most people in their hearts doesn't even care self.

Some of those so called Muslim countries, not Islamic countries have gone to the extreme because Islam does not forbid a woman from working or driving a car and so on. So long as they observe Islamic etiquette. Many of you Christians and atheists are stark ignoramuses.

3 Likes

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by drlateef: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2019
Clapbackdon:
What is it with nairaland and obsession with religious inclinations?

Nigerians are extremely immature

I don't care who emulates my religion and frankly this post is useless

You have not been forced to read or comment, have you? Move on if you are not interested.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Ashnoor(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2019
Who ask u guys to convert? Infact who invite u...why cant u leave us have a peace of mind?

1 Like

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Clapbackdon: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2019
[s]
drlateef:

You have not been forced to read or comment, have you? Move on if you are not interested.
[/s]

Take this nonsense and keep it in your personal conversation with your intimate circle

It's not everything you share on social media !!

Things like this make us look confrontational

Grow up

18 Likes

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by abujaafar18: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2019
Jazakumullahu khayran.
May Allah continue to guide us to the truth.
Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Are They Now Emulating Muslims? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2019
salam alaiekun. pls I want to ask can a Muslim vote, cos where I observe ishai last night the young imam was telling us not to vote cos it is against Islam view.
cc :lukgaf

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any News On when we are to start Fasting? / Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) / Islamic Talk:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.