Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Unbecoming: A Reflective say On The Process Of Human Development - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unbecoming: A Reflective say On The Process Of Human Development (365 Views)

Her Unbecoming / Reflective Easter Lyrics* / 5 Codes Of An Unbecoming Side-chick – A Fiction Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unbecoming: A Reflective say On The Process Of Human Development by JamesNothing: 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Over the course of the last two years, a recurring question has pervaded my thought process and demeanour. Sometimes subtle, other times with an almost destructive rage –Who am I?

Hackneyed as it might appear, it is the reason why I have oscillated between Radiohead, Brymo and the connoisseurs of the Afro-pop genre that have dominated the Nigerian music mainstream space in recent years. It is for this same reason that I have identified as agnostic, recovering atheist (A category that is probably my creation) and finally pantheist during this period.

My trajectory of tent pitching in terms of identity has been laced with periodic, sometimes unconscious reassessment of my positions, perceptions and ways of being. Before I come off as the ideal contrarian, I must admit that my brandishing of alternative ways of seeing has most times been a reaction, or rather has been within the framework of existing categories, labels and identity markers such that the toga of ‘other’ or ‘anomalous’ that I don with so much pride has been mutilated adjuncts of the much disdained ‘usual’ or ‘normal’. All of this as however been premised against the undercurrent of change (and I must say that I in no way identify with the shibboleth that the current handlers of power in Nigeria are perpetuating)...

https://tantdile.com.ng/a-memory-of-un-becoming-changing-my-body/
Re: Unbecoming: A Reflective say On The Process Of Human Development by chinelo009: 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
reflective say on development

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Check Out Writing Competitions In 2019 / High Quality Writers Are Needed Urgently. / To Aduni With ❤️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.