Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Mtn Fastlink Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Fastlink Scam (1270 Views)

What Is The Price Of A New Mtn Fastlink Modem / How Can I Unlock Mtn Fastlink Modem By Zte / Hurray! Mtn Fastlink 3G Data Modem Now N5,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Fastlink Scam by sholajayi(m): 2:26am On Aug 15, 2010
I have been using the MTN Fastlink Dongle for a while now. I ran out of my N10,000.00, 30 day package on the 12th of August and promptly loaded another N10,000.00 of credit and selected the package I wanted: 24/7 Monthly Plan(N10,000) 3GB. I got a message saying that my request has been received  " Y'ello! Your request has been received and will be processed within 12 hours.You will be notified as soon as it is completed. Thank you!".

Shocker! I started using the service only to find out 15 hours later that my 10,000 has been exhausted because MTN did not honor my package request and defaulted my money to their most expensive package. An exploitative  package which burns hard earned naira.

MTN does not need to exploit Nigerians, we have been good to them. The company have made more money from Nigeria than they could have made anywhere else. I am disappointed beyond words at this show of unbridled capitalism. Shame on you !

I am currently trying out the Zain or is Bharti dongle, if you are reading this, it works.

Shola
Re: Mtn Fastlink Scam by Damix007(m): 2:11am On Aug 17, 2010
Shit happens. But as a precaution always check dat u are activated for your desired plan before u start browsing. Send a text message '2' to '131' to do this.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Scam by Dioka1: 9:11am On Aug 17, 2010
"I have been using the MTN Fastlink Dongle for a while now. I ran out of my N10,000.00, 30 day package on the 12th of August and promptly loaded another N10,000.00 of credit and selected the package I wanted: 24/7 Monthly Plan(N10,000) 3GB. I got a message saying that my request has been received " Y'ello! Your request has been received and will be processed within 12 hours.You will be notified as soon as it is completed. Thank you!".

Shola, I share your pains. However, I don't think that you can hold MTN responsible for your mistake. As stated in your write-up, you received a message telling you that your request was going to be processed within 12 hours and that you're going to be notified when completed, but you decided to browse immediately.

You simply browsed at the default browsing rate of 15k/kb.

Perhaps, you should have waited for the notification. It's wrong for us to shift blames when we can easily blame ourselves. Wise up man and do the right thing first and stop blaming them for your mistake.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Scam by texazzpete(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
No sympathy for the poster here. All i see is his seeming inability to understand written English.
At no time was he told that he had been placed on any data plan, and the message he received clearly informed him in English that his application was being processed and that he should wait for a notification.

There's nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Scam by jaysay(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
texazzpete:

No sympathy for the poster here. All i see is his seeming inability to understand written English.
At no time was he told that he had been placed on any data plan, and the message he received clearly informed him in English that his application was being processed and that he should wait for a notification.

There's nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

I pardon you for your insensitivity @texazzpete.
It is thesame insensitivity that the network operators display
to scam us all. The scam may not be outright, but they use
subtle grammar, that are easy to be missunderstood. It is easy to make that
mistake the poster made. It could have been you. He did not create the system.

My question, why did MTN change the style? It use to be immediate. they
changed the system without telling us the user why. MTN seem to be using cunningness
to get people who are unsuspecting to make moves that will only profit mtn. e.g, the
new tariffs. so many people changed in a swift without getting enough clariffication before hand.

Mtn, that is not fair, you are exploiting your customers, by not informing them well.
some of us know your ploy and your tact, it is not any different from what people like adolf hitler used to decive
the Germans. keep up your deceit, someone will soon beat you to it.

I am starting a post soon, all those that are unsatisfied with the service they are getting from any telecomm operatoer for
internet especially (but calls inclusive) should post it there. I will be back to post the link here.

@poster, next time, LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP! PELE O! you are at fault o.
Re: Mtn Fastlink Scam by johnflash: 12:07am On Aug 30, 2010
@ skippzy, wow!

here's mine,

model : E160G
imei: 352836930894878

wuld really appreciate.

thanks a million bro, cheers
Re: Mtn Fastlink Scam by chakaz(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2010
@Poster u made a big mistake by browsing without recieving the activation message or even checking ur bundle status ist!

(1) (Reply)

Post Here If You Like BB Phone / Etisalat Poor Customer Service / Tecno N3 , T3 Not Working In USA Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.