Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? (726 Views)

Unfortunate Deaths In Our Hospitals; A Nurse's Perspective / WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? by ABBY4: 5:29am On Aug 15, 2010
NIGERIA MATERNAL MORTALITY RATE IS HIGH, SECOND TO INDIA, according to the world health organization. WHO IS TO BE BLAME FOR THIS RISE, is it the Government , Individuals or the Families. Please your responses will be highly appreciated as a mother/father /married/singles who knows the important of this survey
Re: Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 15, 2010
first of all the government officials pull figures together to get donations from foreign donors,so some of those figures may not be right if independent surveys are done.secondly medical infrasture is not available ,in developed world you could see the womb completely on tv screen and it will assist them to know when is time to tear open .But in Nigeria electricity is a problem,medical insurance as well,they will not attend to you if you dont deposit some money.workers are not motivated .
Re: Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? by keeptrying: 3:59am On Aug 20, 2010
The Nigerian goverment is definately to be blamed.thier wives and relative normally come to the Europe and Us to deliver thier baby whereas ordinary nigeria citizen are left in the mercy hands of unequiped hospital facility. i will never forget when a close friend of mine lost her mother who was in labour due to a strike in LUTH,although it is several years ago,but i will never forget.i also lost two of my friend like that.Nigerian leaders are just selfish and i think they are the most wicked human being on earth sad each of my child labour and delivery cost over $10,000 but it is being paid by medicaid. i don't know the role of the nigeria goverment.Labour and delivery in Nigeria is even a risk.You see pastors and families praying fervently for safe delivery of the mother.with all the nigeria revenue i don't know why a woman in labour should pay for her hospital bills.hisssssssss
Re: Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? by ABBY4: 1:02am On Aug 24, 2010
Wonderful contributions, God almighty will surely come to our aid in Africa. Thank you so much for contributing.
Re: Maternal Deaths In Nigeria, Who Is To Be Blame? by ada24: 4:39am On Aug 24, 2010
i googled this topic yesterday and have to say that the reasons I have found from various sources cannot be solely attributed to the government alone.

i have posted this link so that others can read, i don't think its solely down to poverty as this article suggests but where u have a system of money b4 health this cannot be fair or right.

http://www.equityhealthj.com/content/7/1/11

http://www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=358&Itemid=206

personally a country that has the wealth like nigeria should be very ashamed - 2nd highest in the world, just too sad.

(1) (Reply)

Please,where Can I Get A Good Herbal Treatment? / The Worst Illness Any Human Shouldn't Go Through / Water In My Left Ear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.