Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions (604 Views)

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / Study On Low Tuition In Israel: Application Process. Cost Of Living, Visa Requir / Study On Low Tuition In Africa: Study In Egypt, Application Process, Student Vis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by Bobbyfine: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
We have provided below an impartial information about studying on free tuition in Germany, from the admissions process at different German universities, tuition fees in Germany (or lack thereof) and the student visa applications, to how to obtain a scholarship to support your study in Germany and more.

Whether you need a German student visa depends on the country you come from. If you are from any country within the EU or the EEA or from Iceland, Switzerland, Norway or Liechtenstein, you do not need a student visa.Also, if you are from Canada, US, Australia, Israel, New Zealand, Japan or South Korea you still do not need a student visa, but you will need to register for a residence permit upon your arrival in Germany. If you are from Brazil, Andorra, El Salvador, Monco, Honduras, San Marino or Taiwan, you only require a visa if you plan on working in Germany during or after your studies. If your home country was not mentioned above, then you will need to apply for a German student visa at least three months prior to travelling.

Where do I study in Germany?
A total of 45 German universities now feature in the QS World University Rankings®, meaning that you have a great selection of world class universities to choose from. If you want to study in an internationally renowned student city, you might consider Berlin or Munich, both ranked among the world’s best 10 cities for students in the QS Best Student Cities index.

However, there are lots of regions of Germany with something interesting to offer, including North Rhine-Westphalia (home of cities such as Cologne and Dusseldorf), Bavaria (home of Munich), Baden-Wurttemberg (home of Stuttgart), Lower Saxony (home of Hannover), Hesse (home of Frankfurt am Main), Saxony (home of Dresden) and Hamburg (which is both a state and a city).
To help you select a university, the QS World University Rankings by Subject contain rankings for 48 subjects as of 2018 – simply narrow the results down by country to choose only German institutions.

Read more:
http://www.studyabroad365.com/study-on-free-tuition-in-germany-frequently-asked-questions/
Re: Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by Hannahlyka: 10:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
ello..I saw ur link on nairaland..
I'm new to the forum and don't know my way around
Would love to know if there are scholarship programs u have an idea of - I mean the types that can be awarded to an applicant early and can be used during visa application because I don't av d means to get a blocked account.

My aim is a Aerospace engineering undergraduate program in a German university.

I don't want to bombard you with questions..
I studied Biochemistry and graduated from University of Ilorin, Nigeria in 2017 with a 2.1 and just finished NYSC program last two months. My wish as always been to study aerospace engineering but a lot been against me telling me to go for masters in a course I really don't like. I do not have the means especially for the high tuition costs of most UK and American universities. My friend told me about German tuition free schools...So I really want to give it a try.

My biochemistry program only included Math in 100lvl, Statistics in 200lvl and Computer studies in 100lvl & 400lvl apart from other courses. Can I get a direct general admission?

And what level of German language do I need? Are there cheap schools u know offer such service in Lagos?
Most undergraduate courses are taught in German, even Aerospace. Do I still need an English proficiency exam? Would they accept TOEFL?
Which other exams can be mandatory?
Which semester is best for me to apply to, Winter or Summer?
And would I be writing any entrance exams?
Thank you so much, I'll await your reply.
Re: Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by Atony001(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please who has applied in Hamburg University Renewable Energy systems precisely i need to get the procedure please
Re: Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by YungLasaint(m): 6:23am On Apr 15, 2019
Is it easy to get a Germany scholarship and study there.

Will there guarantee you work once you done with the program?

Is there anything like 1 year language program before you proceed for the scholarship.

Is the scholarship still ON going ?

Thank you
Bobbyfine:
We have provided below an impartial information about studying on free tuition in Germany, from the admissions process at different German universities, tuition fees in Germany (or lack thereof) and the student visa applications, to how to obtain a scholarship to support your study in Germany and more.

Whether you need a German student visa depends on the country you come from. If you are from any country within the EU or the EEA or from Iceland, Switzerland, Norway or Liechtenstein, you do not need a student visa.Also, if you are from Canada, US, Australia, Israel, New Zealand, Japan or South Korea you still do not need a student visa, but you will need to register for a residence permit upon your arrival in Germany. If you are from Brazil, Andorra, El Salvador, Monco, Honduras, San Marino or Taiwan, you only require a visa if you plan on working in Germany during or after your studies. If your home country was not mentioned above, then you will need to apply for a German student visa at least three months prior to travelling.

Where do I study in Germany?
A total of 45 German universities now feature in the QS World University Rankings®, meaning that you have a great selection of world class universities to choose from. If you want to study in an internationally renowned student city, you might consider Berlin or Munich, both ranked among the world’s best 10 cities for students in the QS Best Student Cities index.

However, there are lots of regions of Germany with something interesting to offer, including North Rhine-Westphalia (home of cities such as Cologne and Dusseldorf), Bavaria (home of Munich), Baden-Wurttemberg (home of Stuttgart), Lower Saxony (home of Hannover), Hesse (home of Frankfurt am Main), Saxony (home of Dresden) and Hamburg (which is both a state and a city).
To help you select a university, the QS World University Rankings by Subject contain rankings for 48 subjects as of 2018 – simply narrow the results down by country to choose only German institutions.

Read more:
http://www.studyabroad365.com/study-on-free-tuition-in-germany-frequently-asked-questions/
Re: Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by YungLasaint(m): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2019
I'm and undergraduate student that want to study computer engineering and no funds so I want to leverage on the scholarship program.

Hello please do you get any vital information on gettin a German scholarship..

Do you go for German language program or did the ask for TOEFL

what level of scholarship did there offer you?;

do you need to get a student visa at your own expense ?

Is there automatic job if done with studies

what and what did the ask you to submit

thank you for your info
Hannahlyka:
ello..I saw ur link on nairaland..
I'm new to the forum and don't know my way around
Would love to know if there are scholarship programs u have an idea of - I mean the types that can be awarded to an applicant early and can be used during visa application because I don't av d means to get a blocked account.

My aim is a Aerospace engineering undergraduate program in a German university.

I don't want to bombard you with questions..
I studied Biochemistry and graduated from University of Ilorin, Nigeria in 2017 with a 2.1 and just finished NYSC program last two months. My wish as always been to study aerospace engineering but a lot been against me telling me to go for masters in a course I really don't like. I do not have the means especially for the high tuition costs of most UK and American universities. My friend told me about German tuition free schools...So I really want to give it a try.

My biochemistry program only included Math in 100lvl, Statistics in 200lvl and Computer studies in 100lvl & 400lvl apart from other courses. Can I get a direct general admission?

And what level of German language do I need? Are there cheap schools u know offer such service in Lagos?
Most undergraduate courses are taught in German, even Aerospace. Do I still need an English proficiency exam? Would they accept TOEFL?
Which other exams can be mandatory?
Which semester is best for me to apply to, Winter or Summer?
And would I be writing any entrance exams?
Thank you so much, I'll await your reply.
Re: Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by olamzq: 10:54am On Apr 15, 2019
Please I need information on German schools application for masters in plant protection or any plant science courses related which is presently on and application deadline to know if I can still meet up. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Study On Free Tuition In Germany: Frequently Asked Questions by Thepoll(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2019
olamzq:
Please I need information on German schools application for masters in plant protection or any plant science courses related which is presently on and application deadline to know if I can still meet up. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Please sir I would like to p m. You
We have a lot in common. But I'm an amateur in this study in Germany thing

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Study In The Philippines 2019 E-global / ASUU: When Lecturers Are To Resume Classes / REPENT!!! We Finally Know When Our Milky Way Will Crash!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.