Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Drupal Installation Wahala! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Drupal Installation Wahala! (789 Views)

Who Else Is Waiting For Drupal 8? / Drupal 7 Bible Free Download (Start Building And Managing Web Sites With Drupal) / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drupal Installation Wahala! by gdcomms: 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2010
Hello guys, I just downloaded Drupal 6.17.I have been trying to install it but seems difficult.How do I write the file permission?
Thanks
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by DualCore1: 8:07am On Aug 16, 2010
Use CHMOD to change access permissions.
It'll go a great deal to help if you can specify what problems or error messages you are facing.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2010
without error messages. . . .
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by gdcomms: 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2010
When installing it I had to create another file from default.setting.php to setting.php then the next step I was asked to write file permission, but frankly speaking I don't know where nor how to do it. If you guys could throw more light.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2010
when installing drupal, you start by duplicating the default.setting.php to setting.php - you leave the default.setting.php as it is without changing anything, and do your customizations inside the settings.php such as dbase
How to put your setting.php to read-only on windows is to right-click on the file and add the read-only attribute. Online, you give it the file permission, 666 which you can do with ftp or the file manager.
To make a file read-and-write on windows, you right-click and remove the read-only attribute. On internet, it is to change the attribute to 775 (recommended) or 777.
I think that should solve your problem.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by gdcomms: 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2010
Thanks.Will give it a try.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2010
dont forget that, to install drupal, after you duplicate the default.setting.php to setting.php - you must not change anything in either file, just navigate to your index.php and start the installation. And try to create a blank database beforehand, so that you just provide the connection details to the dbase, then the installation goes smoothly.
Drupal will automatically make the settings.php readonly or 666 after installation, except your online server does not permit it. You can install offline and transfer the files and settings and dbase online. Once online, change the attribute for the settings.php to read and write to change the connection settings, then change it back to readonly/666 so that drupal can run smoothly without any hitches. Ave a nice day.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by gdcomms: 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2010
I am doing it offline.I have tried but still some small wahala.Pls how do I create the blank data base?Can you assist cos I don't know!
Thanks *dhtml
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by emonkey(m): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2010
gdcomms:

I am doing it offline.I have tried but still some small wahala.Pls how do I create the blank data base?Can you assist cos I don't know!
Thanks *dhtml

Assuming you are using WAMP/XAMPP/MMAMP, You need to access phpmyadmin to create your database. Navigate to http://localhost and select phpmyadmin
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by gdcomms: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
Hey guys I just succeede in installing Drupal in Wampserver.This is what I did.In my root folder on settings.php, I right clicked and then scrolled to properties and I unchecked the Read only and everything went smoothly.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
good for you man, welcome to the world of drupal.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by emonkey(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
Good for you. My company offers Saturday Introductory Drupal training anyway. Advanced training on weekdays. Call or text your email to 08031811137 for more info.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by gdcomms: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2010
Thanks!
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by basking4me: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2010
Hello e-monkey, dhtml and my other brothers here.

Talking about Drupal, there are some modules in CCK; fckeditor and wsiwig that are a pure combination of issues for. How do i get them to wrk together. also, the panel modules are not activated in my module section.

any advice,
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by emonkey(m): 10:26am On Aug 23, 2010
basking4me:

Hello e-monkey, dhtml and my other brothers here.

Talking about Drupal, there are some modules in CCK; fckeditor and wsiwig that are a pure combination of issues for. How do i get them to wrk together. also, the panel modules are not activated in my module section.

any advice,

There are three main problem that can cause this :
1.Ensure that you are using the right version. Panel module for D5 will not work with D6.
2. Have you set right permissions ? 755 for folders; 644 for files
3. Have all the files been uploaded ? You may be surprised that ftp clients sometimes screw up on this.

As for CCK et al They should naturally work if you follow the correct installation direction and that includes installing dependencies FIRST. But out of curiosity how exactly would you wish them to work together ? please enlighten.
Cheers
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by basking4me: 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
E-monkey thanks for your reply.

On the drupal module section you see different editors. First you have to install wysiwig then install an editor ( quite a number are available) for them to work together.

Permission is not the issue here. I have installed this editor (ckeditor) but when i try to put photos using the editors I come to problems as there is no browse link to help me pick the photos from my system or a drag an drop option( which I am able to do with many other apps i Use), I dont want to have to first upload pictures to an image folder before being able to use them, which is what the ckeditors and wysiwig are there for.

In the case of panel modules; I am using the latest v6 cos i only installed last week directly from their site. Pl see what you can assist with on this.

Regards.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by emonkey(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
basking4me:

E-monkey thanks for your reply.

On the drupal module section you see different editors. First you have to install wysiwig then install an editor ( quite a number are available) for them to work together.

Permission is not the issue here. I have installed this editor (ckeditor) but when i try to put photos using the editors I come to problems as there is no browse link to help me pick the photos from my system or a drag an drop option( which I am able to do with many other apps i Use), I dont want to have to first upload pictures  to an image folder before being able to use them, which is what the ckeditors and wysiwig are there for.

In the case of panel modules; I am using the latest v6 cos i only installed last week directly from their site. Pl see what you can assist with on this.

Regards.

OK I am working blind on this one but let's look at the possible problem by elimination.
Step 1- Have you enabled the Upload module and have you given yourself permission to use it ?
Step 2-  [Now please , please be patient with me] have you used CKeditor , or FCKeditor ? Please use FCKeditor and check your [module] configuration for any hitch. Run through the image/file browser check on the module page.
3. Do you have Image module installed ? Image Assist ? [I will get back to this point later]
Kindly check.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by basking4me: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2010
E-monkey,

1. I have enabled the module section to be able to use it. I have already installed some modules like panels, swf, ubercart, wysiwig, Videos, fckeditor, nice menu, image assist, image gallery etc etc.

2. I am currently using FCkeditor

3. Yes I also have image assist installed.

My problem is that when on the Wyswig (with fckeditor enabled) section and I want to upload a new image, I dont get the browse link or a drop and drop option. Instead what i see is a web-link option to the image i require whereas the image i want to upload is on my desktop.

Thanks for following up on this.
Re: Drupal Installation Wahala! by emonkey(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
basking4me:

E-monkey,

1. I have enabled the module section to be able to use it. I have already installed some modules like panels, swf, ubercart, wysiwig, Videos, fckeditor, nice menu, image assist, image gallery etc etc.

2. I am currently using FCkeditor

3. Yes I also have image assist installed.

My problem is that when on the Wyswig (with fckeditor enabled) section and I want to upload a new image, I dont get the browse link or a drop and drop option. Instead what i see is a web-link option to the image i require whereas the image i want to upload is on my desktop.

Thanks for following up on this.

Now this is getting quite funky, and I guess access to your site back end is out of the question and you can't give me a screenshot of your node creation page, right ?. Now lets give it another shove. Image assist is OK to insert the image INSIDE the node content. Now to just attach an image to your node use Image attach module , but it will not work if upload is not enabled. Okay go !

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Php(dual Core, Lojik, Donpuzo, Ogzille, Bug24, Dhtml And Others) / What Will Be Your Ideal Choice Of Webserver And Control Panel / Backing Up My Website Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.