Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians (17400 Views)

B00ty Serena Williams Gets All Attention At Friends Wedding,by Exposing Herself / Away Match!! Lady’s Cheating Habit Exposed Few Days To Wedding By Doctors / Fabulous Wedding By Dr Sid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by AloyEmeka5: 2:58am On Aug 16, 2010
Nigeria and its extravagant weddings

ShareThis
Aug 12th, 2010

NewsRescue- Weddings are no small matter in Nigeria. A nation of over 150 million peoples of diverse cultures, Nigerians as a whole take marriage very seriously.

Last week, CNN presented a beautiful show about Nigerian weddings in America, the pump and fanfare, and the culture of extravagance, including the popular ’spraying money’ culture. Nigerian marriages unquestionably create a type of avenue for competition.

The marriage rate is much higher in Nigeria and Africa as a whole than in the western world with the average age of marriage for men, 28-34, and more than 60% of adult males being married. Nigeria also has a very high marriage success rate. Now this may not mean the marriages are necessarily happy, but with extended family help and pressure, and a greater degree of tolerance, Nigerians make sure their marriages last.

Related: NewsRescue-Beyonce to attend wedding of Bella Adenuga, daughter of Nigerian billionaire Otunba Mike Adenuga, and Jameel Disu

Dr Idayat and Mo' BuyDirect

August 7th saw no difference as it was the date of one of the classiest weddings in Nigeria. Dr Idayat Bello wedded Mohammed Peregrino Brimah, the president of BuyDirectFromUSA.com, in Ilorin on this date, and the president of this import company, popularly known as Mo’ BuyDirect, made sure his wedding displayed the limitless possibilities of the import unlimited global village. Asian costumes directly from India…or is it Bangladesh, turned this lavish, royal wedding into the talk of the town. And ‘royal’ is not a misnomer, as the Groom is also a prince, son of Chief Brimah VII, the current Chief of the Yoruba’s in Accra Ghana. Both families have a strong Ghanaian history.

Dr Idayat and Mo' BuyDirect with friends

http://www.newsrescue.com/2010/08/nigeria-and-its-extravagant-weddings/
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by AloyEmeka5: 2:59am On Aug 16, 2010

Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by puskin: 3:08am On Aug 16, 2010
The gal is not even fine. . . . msheeew!!!!!!
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Smi1(m): 3:14am On Aug 16, 2010
you go tire for naija PUNJABI style naa smiley)  grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by AloyEmeka5: 3:21am On Aug 16, 2010
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2brd3jW4PCA?fs=1&hl=en_US">[/flash]

Watch them here. They dance Indian music and Yoruba music. Real cultural shock if I must say.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by bawomolo(m): 4:11am On Aug 16, 2010
classiest?

lets slow down on the hyperbole
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by AloyEmeka5: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2010
bawomolo:

classiest?

lets slow down on the hyperbole

I wonder who gave them the idea to look like Indian wannabe. But there is no difference with others who wear suit and veil to wed after all it is oyibos culture they borrowed.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by spikedcylinder: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2010
Inyama. undecided
At least if they are to do it, they should have done it right.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2010
whats with the shades galore? abi they think they are in the matrix

odd that muslim natives of ilorin would choose to wed in the garb of er. . .idol worshippers

awon ilorin big boys see nox (the guy in white) was my classmate in school maaan and i think i have put on weight
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by bawomolo(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2010
odd that muslim natives of ilorin would choose to wed in the garb of er. . .idol worshippers

lol i didn't notice that irony. they must thought they were hindus
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by hackney(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
puskin:

make she kill herself? ?
She fine for God eye jare! ! grin
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Nayah(f): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
well I think there's nothing wrong to borrow foreign outfit,in fact I think it's a kind of integration and opening mind. But yes we africans have magnificient colorful outfit, but I do really like those from Indians as well, quite beautiful
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by blackcat1: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2010
puskin:

Who say dis girl no fine. angry If she no fine wetin we go con talk of alek wek
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Hauwa1: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
grin grin funny so are they going to light fire too
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by spikedcylinder: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2010
oyb:

Not really.
It's a cultural thing not a religious thing especially seeing as almost 15% of the population is Muslim.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by yme1(f): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2010
why didnt they just stick to what they know? angry

it is said if you wanna do something make sure it is done well

this is just crab compared to this

Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by blacksta(m): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2010
Nonsense - completely out of place grin
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Kunbee: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2010
Them just waste money
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Hubcool: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2010
I have to agree with this guy ^ lol. African outfits are better anyways cool
[img]http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/JPIn/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageview=0[/img]
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by chika98: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2010
LOL Did I just hear "Jai Ho" being played?

Interesting wedding. grin
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by mamagee3(f): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2010
No offence but I think the wedding costumes are funny. grin
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2010
grin grin grin

mama-gee:

No offence but I think the wedding costumes are funny. grin
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by AloyEmeka5: 12:58am On Aug 17, 2010
Kunbee:

Them just waste money

That costume did not cost more than $100. It is even cheaper than African attire.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 17, 2010
Usually a theme is needed for weddings. Bride and groom can't wear Indian attire and everyone else shows up with their own cloth lol. Tacky.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
grin grin

ogugua88:

Usually a theme is needed for weddings. Bride and groom can't wear Indian attire and everyone else shows up with their own cloth lol. Tacky.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by shilling(f): 6:51am On Aug 18, 2010
Weird!!
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2010
Anywaz, his best men are not easy on the eye. As usual.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 18, 2010
Poor girl. She no fit dance. Her arms and shoulders de dance for am.
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by bkbabe97y(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2010
Interesting. . . . ly funny! lol
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by omar22(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
That costume did not cost more than $100. It is even cheaper than African attire.

I beg make you go chop "snail"

Do you know how much a naija tailor would make those cloths for you? not many people do the traditional Iro and bubba stuff anymore,  people are now been creative,  nobody wants to see the boring and heavy Aso-Oke any-more,  I had a tailor to make me something similar when i went home last year for my cousin's wedding,  YES I did stand out because its unique!!
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by AloyEmeka5: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
omar22:

I beg make you go chop "snail"

Do you know how much a naija tailor would make those cloths for you? not many people the traditional Iro and bubba stuff anymore,  people are now been creative,  nobody wants to see the boring and heavy Aso-Oke any-more,  I had a tailor to make me something similar when i went home last year for my cousin's wedding,  YES I did stand out because its unique!!

Duhhh, if it is too expensive to create in Nigeria, you can order a finished one online for about $40 a piece. Duh
Re: See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians by omar22(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2010

Duhhh, if it is too expensive to create in Nigeria, you can order a finished one online for about $40 a piece. Duh

You could get a TUX online for $40 as well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / "Not Every Relationship Must Lead To Marriage" - Sonia Ogbonna Says / Belladonna Obialor's Beautiful Birthday Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.