Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar (34768 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / Lady Wins Pounded Yam Eating Competition In Ekiti (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Greenhero(m): 9:18am On Jan 23, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

It was called pounded yam in the days when people use their physical energy to do everything, no technology, smartness or mental creativity was put to use then.
If oyinbo dey reason like you people, we will still be in the stone-age days of our fathers when we cut hectares of land with "cutlass" and walk on foot all the days of our lives.

As long as it has the texture and feel of real pounded yam, it's equally good. Whatever method, the result is the most important.

Who told you the texture is the same. Go and read the lamentations of those who have tried it.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Francisayo(m): 9:18am On Jan 23, 2019
The taste is d different, d different is d taste....I go with d real Pounded Yam not this counterfeit

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2019
Greenhero:

Desperate indeed! Backward Mentality!

Wait sef, the ones forming slay mamas are not more desperate abi? Shior!!! Receive sense sha.
stfu idiot why will any lady pound yam, how much be garri?

Bush man
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by vinegurl(f): 9:20am On Jan 23, 2019
swiz123:
Quite an innovative idea; I am impressed

Thank you
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2019
Greenhero:

Who told you the texture is the same. Go and read the lamentations of those who have tried it.

You don't read patiently, one of your problem.

I said "as long as" meaning "IF".

I never said it has the same texture. It's a new method, so it can't be perfect at start, with more practice and discovery on it, it can be as good or better than the pounded one.
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Greenhero(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

It's a lie from an archaic stone age man who feels land cut with machine is not as good as that cut with a cutlass. Assuming he said the texture or it doesnt draw like pounded yam, i would have believed. The taste is where he shot himself on the leg.

The only type of yam which doesn't taste like pounded yam is the yam dried under sun and the so called processed poundo-yam or whatever they call it, which tastes like semo-vita.

As long as u didn't put salt. Blend it, pound it, stir am for fire like fufu, it will still taste the same.

Ehn ehn! Wehdone Sir Gratefulheart01, The learned. Oga, be wise small na. Who was disputing farming techniques with you? Your insolence is only bettered by your fiendish and quite unnecessary circumlocution. Clearly, you have shown me that you have the cranial capacity of a church rat! Have a blessed day
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by vinegurl(f): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2019
Proffdada:
Nice try but it will still be lumpy or granular which defeats the purpose of "pounded" grin
The outcome is like semo and not lumpy at all.
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by vinegurl(f): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
vinegurl, one of the few sensible ladies on NL. Always adding value and knowledge to others.

I will follow you immediately.
Thank you
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Greenhero(m): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2019
AngryNigerian22:

Bush man

Smh! What a jessie! Weakling!!!
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 23, 2019
Negroes be arguing about seeds in pounded yam. Mean while, they can't pound to save their lives.

Will try this method some time soon.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2019
Greenhero:

Smh! What a jessie! Weakling!!!
Mumu wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2019
Greenhero:

Ehn ehn! Wehdone Sir Gratefulheart01, The learned. Oga, be wise small na. Who was disputing farming techniques with you? Your insolence is only bettered by your fiendish and quite unnecessary circumlocution. Clearly, you have shown me that you have the cranial capacity of a church rat! Have a blessed day

You could blow whatever grammar you want to blow if you longer have points to make. Most times, you people just argue against common sense, thats why you end up being angry. Some things are straight forward enough you wouldn't expect anyone to drag it again.

Pounding method produces good pounded yam but with the stress and amount you could do per time, it's an archaic method just like cutting grass.

So, when i see people come up with an easier, smarter, faster way of doing things, best thing is to accept it with good mind even if it is not so perfect at the moment.

But the question here again is: How many people even pound yam rightly? Except those from hometown where pounded yam is their favorite.

Most so called pounded yam are as good as yam porridge. So why the unnecessary stress sef?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2019
vinegurl:

Thank you

Welcome dear, i've seen your creative cooking methods on NL front page few times, i think i'm impressed. Don't mind the archaic conservatives who will always be averse to new developments.

Although it may not totally feel like the real pounded yam at the moment, but with time, practice and more development to the method, it can be as good as the real pounded yam.
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Born2Breed(f): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2019
This is not "pounded" yam. This is blended yam and its similar to those poundo yam.

Prepare this for a Benin man and get ready to pack out of his house.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by lammylam(f): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
its same thing with poundo yam! doesn't have that pounded yam taste and feeling! its more like glorified semo!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by ogorwyne(f): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
AngryNigerian22:

Bush man
But some people prefer pounded yam to garri na.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by sonnie10: 9:47am On Jan 23, 2019
I will like to cook the yam first before blending and then turning/ stirring in the pot

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
vinegurl, one of the few sensible ladies on NL. Always adding value and knowledge to others.

I will follow you immediately.
You na now?
Me I don dey follow her teytey... The moment I live the country, I'll be connecting with her to teach me some delicacies. wink
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2019
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7eBr5Xb_CU

Pounded yam is one of the most loved fufu meals in Nigeria, it can be paired with any kind of soup especially vegetable and egusi soup.

I made this soft and pliable pounded yam with fresh yam today. In this method, you don’t need to cook or pound the yam. I found out it is very easy to make this and even if you don’t have a mortar at home, you can still enjoy your pounded yam swallow. You should also watch the video above on how to prepare this yam poundo practically.

You Need:

Pure White yam for this yam swallow.

VERY GOOD ONE BUT FINALLY, THIS IS BLENDED YAM SWALLOW AND NOT POUNDED YAM..

BOTH OF THEM DON'T LOOK ALIKE!
Steps on How to Make Pounded Yam with Raw Yam

1. Cut yam into rings and peel off the brown skin, cut the yam into smaller sizes and rinse with water to get rid of sand.
2. Bring the yam into a blender and add a little water to help the blender spin appropriately.
3. Pulse the blender for few minutes or until the yam is completely blended and appears smooth and almost runny.
4. Bring the blended yam into a stainless steel pot and place it on medium heat to get heated.
5. Use a wooden spatula to stir the yam paste for 1 minute, you will begin to notice the yam starting to come together.
6. Keep stirring until the yam starts to cook, when this has come together, reduce the heat and scrape the sides and bring the paste to the
middle. Sprinkle a little water and steam cook this on low flame for 5 minutes and stir intermittently.
7. Once the yam has cooked, it will look soft and pliable; take it off it and scoop into nylon bags to stay warm until you are ready to serve.
8. Pounded yam is ready, you can serve with egusi soup or any soup of your choice.

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2019
Jay95:

You na now?
Me I don dey follow her teytey... The moment I live the country, I'll be connecting with her to teach me some delicacies. wink

Hahahahaha, my G. Nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2019
ogorwyne:

But some people prefer pounded yam to garri na.
Loz,maybe na people from the east undecided
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2019
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7eBr5Xb_CU

Pounded yam is one of the most loved fufu meals in Nigeria, it can be paired with any kind of soup especially vegetable and egusi soup.

I made this soft and pliable pounded yam with fresh yam today. In this method, you don’t need to cook or pound the yam. I found out it is very easy to make this and even if you don’t have a mortar at home, you can still enjoy your pounded yam swallow. You should also watch the video above on how to prepare this yam poundo practically.

You Need:

Pure White yam for this yam swallow.

Steps on How to Make Pounded Yam with Raw Yam

1. Cut yam into rings and peel off the brown skin, cut the yam into smaller sizes and rinse with water to get rid of sand.
2. Bring the yam into a blender and add a little water to help the blender spin appropriately.
3. Pulse the blender for few minutes or until the yam is completely blended and appears smooth and almost runny.
4. Bring the blended yam into a stainless steel pot and place it on medium heat to get heated.
5. Use a wooden spatula to stir the yam paste for 1 minute, you will begin to notice the yam starting to come together.
6. Keep stirring until the yam starts to cook, when this has come together, reduce the heat and scrape the sides and bring the paste to the
middle. Sprinkle a little water and steam cook this on low flame for 5 minutes and stir intermittently.
7. Once the yam has cooked, it will look soft and pliable; take it off it and scoop into nylon bags to stay warm until you are ready to serve.
8. Pounded yam is ready, you can serve with egusi soup or any soup of your choice.

VERY GOOD ONE BUT FINALLY, THIS IS BLENDED YAM SWALLOW AND NOT POUNDED YAM..

BOTH OF THEM DON'T LOOK ALIKE![b][/b]

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by lacoonz: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2019
perhaps it should be called blended yam... i guess it is called pounded yam because it is pounded inside the mortar.. i love the exercise of pounding.. we like sharp sharp things no be small... lol

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by mrgreen4real(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2019
Blended yam vs Pounded yam, hmmm, all Na yam sha!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2019
vinegurl:
food is ready
You must have a restaurant at the very least, make I chop your food even if na once.
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Reminder: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2019
Good try, but "if he no be Mortal he no fit be like Mortal" just get better Edo yam when dey draw grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by edjeodiri1989: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2019
i prefer the normal pounding abeg...no other form of pounded yam can beat that. shekina.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by wealthywiseman: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2019
There is an easier way of enjoying your favourite pounded yam

We have in stock now very few quality Yam Pounders for sale. It pounds yam better than you can imagine. It's as good as your traditional mortar.
very vey easy to use. just plug, load and switch on.
Easily powered with ' I pass my neighbour' generator.
Give away price- N10,000
new ones go from 50k -60k
condition: as good as new
call 08033750845

See sample video of how its works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0HIBR_VUzQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by LisTim(m): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2019
this is d method we try during last festive period and it was really impressive.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2019
The result can not be good as Pounded Yam
Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by Tolubory(m): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2019
It look Nice, But the thing be like SEMO.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar by captainjay(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2019
Interesting. It makes sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Food You Like / Hilda Baci Was Dancing And Cooking (Video) / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.