Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves (17739 Views)

2face Idibia Calls Out NCDC Officials Over Nonchalance And Poor Work Ethics / Erica Nlewedim Reunites With Father. He Calls Her Most Beautiful Girl In Africa / Tonto Dikeh: IK Ogbonna's Ass Is Leaking As He Calls Her A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by celebgistz: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2019
Legendary musician, 2face Idibia in a recent interview with E-Daily highlighted some of the challenges facing the Nigerian music industry.

According to the veteran, “the crap music all over the place now is because the gate keepers play good songs when people are asleep at night; when there is no one to listen to the music. So if you do that kind of music and you take it to the radio and they refuse to play it, what do you do? And most of the financial back up artistes get is from people who want to make their money back immediately’.

2face Idibia went on to say, ‘people are afraid of investing their money on artistes who sing good music..Though the music will still be entertaining but the ear of the people has changed. You and I know that on a normal day it is good music we listen to, except when we go to parties. The youths have their mind tuned to the kind of music being made now; it’s difficult to remove it. It has to be a deliberate action to do so’, he said.

Speaking further, he took a swipe at the National Broadcasting Commission, lamenting how the regulatory body’s value systems have changed drastically.

Before NBC is able to ban any music, it has gone popular already. That means they didn’t even hear it on time in the first place. It’s after the song has gone viral that they will want to ban it. No one is doing any work.

It is very important that we have a responsible government and to have that we must have responsible people because if we don’t have responsible people, this is the kind of government we will keep having

Source: https://www.mynigeriastudent.com/Thread-GIST-2face-Idibia-Calls-Out-NBC-Over-What-He-Calls-Bad-Songs-Flooding-The-Airwaves

15 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by celebgistz: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2019
Ok
Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Nbote(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2019
Jus get shaku shaku or zanku beats from any producer and say wateva nonsense comes to mind to d beats and U have a hit...

54 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by freemanbubble: 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
Sometimes i wonder what Nigerians enjoy in Nigeria song. Nigeria artiste sing dogshiit. Especially that frogged voice called davido.
In a saner nation this people are not talented
To much enhancer in the studio

Only tuface is better

Listen to the likes off edsheeran
The weekend
Sia
Passenger
Bruno Mars
Avicii
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding

And i bet you you will never play Nigeria song again

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by kiiingemmy(m): 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
angry angry
Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by babyfaceafrica: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
super story
Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Triangles1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
During Tuface era sing a meaningful songs you will blow, but now sing song with vital messages OYO.......

5 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Carlos122(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
The only artist that sings great songs is Falz he is just like Fela. All these artists will be saying that fela is their inspiration but to sing activism like him no way!

PLEASE READ:- 7 Crucial Health Effects Of Smoking Shisha (Hookah)

https://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2019/01/health-effects-smoking-shisha-hookah.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by positivelord: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
you don start again baa
Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by hisexcellency34: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
I stopped taking Tuface serious after he chickened out of that anti Buhari rally he called. Coward

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Corrinthians(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2019
Absolutely timely and necessary. The kind of junks I hear these days make my skin crawl.

Tubaba sef no dey try sometimes sha o.

3 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by khallebb(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
Lead by example TuBaba @Amaka...We are all hypocrites!

8 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by philsbaba: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
Shut up. Idiot. You just dey seek for attention because you no dey blow like before. angry

Na this idiot sing "Amala dissapointmet me oo

Na this same mumu sing implication

Na this same mumu song African queen

That African queen just make guys to become extra ordinary mumu. How can you fall in love to that extent

angry

9 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Unik3030: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
like seriously I find it very hard to relate to majority of these new generation songs, I prefer oldies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Yewandequeen(f): 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I stopped taking Tuface serious after he chickened out of that anti Buhari rally he called. Coward
probably he was issued death threat.

8 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Yewandequeen(f): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
Unik3030:
like seriously I find it very hard to relate to majority of these new generation songs, I prefer oldies
yes ooooo. Oldies all the way.

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by dharreyclothing(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
cheesy
Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by princechurchill(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Like ur song na Amaka disappoint me

7 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by crafteck(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:

He never took u seriously, neither do nairalanders

7 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by helinues: 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
No be lie tubaba

2 Likes

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by milaso: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
2papa a legend

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Weblady(f): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
KelvinCX:

coming from a catfish/impersonator using someone else's picture as dp

Like seriously?? undecided undecided
Re: 2face Idibia Calls Out NBC Over What He Calls ‘Bad Songs’ Flooding The Airwaves by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
NBC needs to wake up...somebody will wake up and start singing see Jesus see Mary. ..very few like Flavour,patoranking,Davido (sometimes? make sense, the rest. ...00000..sometimes I even wonder how person go carry money buy their cd

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bisi Komolafe To Be Buried On Friday / 10 Countries With Highest HIV/AIDS In Africa 2014 {nigeria 2nd Position} / Daddy Showkey Speaks Against Butt Implant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.